Mordhau
 OceanSause
  • Likes received 0
  • Date joined 7 Nov
  • Last seen 1m

Private Message

6 0
  • 9 Nov
 OceanSause

@KingOfSow said:

@OceanSause said:
People dont seem to really agree with this.

Please take your time and look up "Holdfast nations at war funny moments"on youtube. You'll have a good laugh. This is what proxi chat can turn a community into. Pure gold. Heres one of my favs btw. I promise you'll get at least a smile out of it.

Those "funny moments" happen maybe 1% of the time though, and the rest 99% is absolute earrape or people yelling random shit at everyone. And if thats what happens in Holdfast can you imagine Mordhau?

Well alot of people are disagreeing, and I see why. Maybe it just isnt everyones cup of tea. The game has a tiny community but shit like that does not happen 1% of the time. I just wanted more communities like that but maybe not this one I guess since nobody is really looking forward to it

6 0
  • 9 Nov
 OceanSause

People dont seem to really agree with this.

Please take your time and look up "Holdfast nations at war funny moments"on youtube. You'll have a good laugh. This is what proxi chat can turn a community into. Pure gold. Heres one of my favs btw. I promise you'll get at least a smile out of it.

6 0
  • 8 Nov
 OceanSause

Yeah it can get pretty cancerous but a solution would be to have a press and hold a button to talk. Like the game i was using as an example, in Holdfast you have to press and hold to talk. It doesnt stop people from spamming typical eartaped music but it really does tone it down. Its not even that bad tbh.

6 0
  • 7 Nov
 OceanSause

I understand if earrape spam is a problem but jesus christ try to have some fun

6 0
  • 7 Nov
 OceanSause

It just adds to the community and maybe even teamwork with stragedy (even though we all know that will never happen)

6 0
  • 7 Nov
 OceanSause

So when will voice chat be added? It will be a very nice feature and make the community stronger. Will it be out by april 2020?

Alot of people say that "ohh noo im a pussy I dont want to have to mute alot of people" "oh nooo it will bring alot of lag and toxicity"

but I think its all bullshit. As an example that none of that will be true, theres this painfully underrated game called "Holdfast: Nations at war". The game is based on the napoleon wars and has 200 player servers. Yes, 200 PLAYER SERVERS, but the average players are like 110.

The game HAS PROXIMITY CHAT and yes. The community is very toxic and meme infested but thats what makes it arguably the best game community. People love to roleplay and put on some shitty british accents and just fuck around all the time. The community really makes what should have been a historically acurate game based on the napoleonic wars into a hidden gem with a tiny player base.

Voice chat will NOT RUIN THE GAME. Dont like it? Alright then, make it an option to turn it off. Not a problem. None of you have expirienced proxi chat at its best.