Mordhau

Submit Voice Command Suggestions

176 454
  • 1 Sep '17
 Koda

This isn't official, just something the devs maybe can look at for inspiration. Make them funny.

2376 4820
  • 1 Sep '17
 Maci

OHOHOHOOOOOOOO!
NOOOUH!
BESTRD!
(it's getting too much, lets get out of here!)
HAHAHAHAHA yeah yeah yes

Duke 194 836
Knight 568 1923
  • 1 Sep '17
 LuxCandidus

Equally valuable would be to suggest personalities for the handful of voice sets that will be in the game. A few suggestions:

  • the belligerent peasant
  • the playful trickster whose only motivation is to be slippery and annoying
  • the only person who is literate. Sounds more haughty than anyone else.

I am sure some of you will come up with more compelling suggestions.

As for suggesting voice lines, it would be best to consider what type they are first. To name a few:

  • taunt
  • battlecry
  • compliment
  • yes
  • no
  • thanks
  • sorry
    ...

Hopefully there will be a lot of Shakespearean quotes like in Chivalry.

Count 449 1186
  • 1 Sep '17
 Hadeus

@Maci said:
OHOHOHOOOOOOOO!
NOOOUH!
BESTRD!
(it's getting too much, lets get out of here!)
HAHAHAHAHA yeah yeah yes

Bastard!

Bastard!

Bastard!

Bastard!

Bastard!

Knight 4114 4389
  • 1 Sep '17
 pizza boy

heheheh ya pot bellied common kissing nuttuck

Duke 986 1381
  • 1 Sep '17
 PadanFain

Its..its..ITS PADAN FAIN
Do not pursue Padan Fain go on to huo lao gate

Knight 127 187
  • 1 Sep '17
 Vq.Raccoon

Can't wait to fuck yer skull - barbarian accent

1308 2875
  • 1
  • 1 Sep '17
 Monsteri

AHluOH, annotha walking coorps

@LuxCandidus said:
Equally valuable would be to suggest personalities for the handful of voice sets that will be in the game.

I think this is the most useful type of suggestion, it's much easier to build up voice lines from a personality than to just throw together cool-sounding lines and try to come up with something coherent.

Duchess 6865 9830
  • 1 Sep '17
 Sir Zombie

Wow this is an original and creative thread

Duke 341 973
  • 1 Sep '17
 Ruby Rhoderick

I'm a big fan of the respect voice lines in Chivalry. I like that I can express my admiration of another's skill during or after a bout without having to type in chat. I like the camaraderie of it all.

Count 1452 3388
  • 1 Sep '17
 Smokingbobs

You fight like a woman. Oh wait, you are.

Duke 5484 13095
  • 1
  • 1 Sep '17
 Jax — Community Manager

I just shit these out with very little forethought so take em with a grain of salt:


viking male personality 1 - more barbaric, raider type
viking male personality 2 - more religious (references valhalla and stuff)
female viking personality - shield maiden lass who wants to drink from ur skull

anglo saxon / early english male 1 - peasantry/uneducated sounding
anglo saxon / early english male 2 - soldierly sounding (varangian guards)

scottish male - highlander-esque
scottish female - highlander-esque

norman/early french/frankish
male 1 - soldierly
male 2 - mercenary type
(normans were from france but were originally vikings so just toned down vikings)

germanic male 1 - angry sounding mercenary guy
germanic male 2 - angry sounding soldier (less selfish/rude sounding)
germanic female - angry sounding lady

eastern european/kievan rus
male 1 - eastern european soldier
male 2 - eastern slavic merc
female - slavic hunter/merc

late english
male 1 - nobility
male 2 - knight/professional soldier
male 3 - peasant
female - historically inaccurate warrior woman

late french - same shit as english but with more baguette

also

north african
byzantine people
arabic folks
e t c

2376 4820
  • 1 Sep '17
 Maci

@Jax said:
I just shit these out with very little forethought so take em with a grain of salt:


viking male personality 1 - more barbaric, raider type
viking male personality 2 - more religious (references valhalla and stuff)
female viking personality - shield maiden lass who wants to drink from ur skull

anglo saxon / early english male 1 - peasantry/uneducated sounding
anglo saxon / early english male 2 - soldierly sounding (varangian guards)

scottish male - highlander-esque
scottish female - highlander-esque

norman/early french/frankish
male 1 - soldierly
male 2 - mercenary type
(normans were from france but were originally vikings so just toned down vikings)

germanic male 1 - angry sounding mercenary guy
germanic male 2 - angry sounding soldier (less selfish/rude sounding)
germanic female - angry sounding lady

eastern european/kievan rus
male 1 - eastern european soldier
male 2 - eastern slavic merc
female - slavic hunter/merc

late english
male 1 - nobility
male 2 - knight/professional soldier
male 3 - peasant
female - historically inaccurate warrior woman

late french - same shit as english but with more baguette

also

north african
byzantine people
arabic folks
e t c

>Germanic
>angry
wtf man not very nice

Knight 106 188
  • 1
  • 1 Sep '17
 Crim

Jamaican Olympic bobsleigher.

Any actor from any Guy Richie film ever.

Tom Hardy and/or Bane.

A leprechaun.

Yolandi Visser (singing voice).

Mr Bean.

Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Germanic angry voice - angry sounding soldier.

Germanic happy voice - angry sounding soldier (credit to Jax).

Duke 5484 13095
  • 2 Sep '17
 Jax — Community Manager

@Maci said:

>Germanic
>angry
wtf man not very nice

it's WAR you should be angry

Baron 2357 3387
  • 2 Sep '17
 Xekratos

"That is quite the large sword. Are you compensating for something?" ~ Classic

1330 3842
  • 2 Sep '17
 TombstoneJack

KILL THOSE DAMMED ARCHERS

Knight 108 366
  • 4
  • 2 Sep '17
 Pankila

I WILL DRINK FROM YOUR SKULL

Baron 578 965
  • 2 Sep '17
 lash

Murda dem cowards achees!