Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

August update

Knight 117 247
  • 28 Aug '17
 Radfox

Welp, at least I have Gwent to tide me over until then.

Count 449 1186
  • 28 Aug '17
 Hadeus

@Ulkenstride said:
Looks like someone could tell the fucking future.

Someone could tell the future.PNG

I told ya so.

Count 4205 9821
  • 28 Aug '17
 DerFurst

@Hadeus said:

@Ulkenstride said:
Looks like someone could tell the fucking future.

Someone could tell the future.PNG

I told ya so.

If Triternion made that edit themselves, then it means they had planned for it to be in September, but told us it would be sooner just to mess with us

lol

273 444
  • 28 Aug '17
 YOLANDIVISSER

tfw because of no alpha access I'm still going to be messing around in chiv for at least 6 more months

Hopefully there will still be someone left playing it when Mordhau alpha drops

Knight 2 2
Knight 3153 7400
  • 28 Aug '17
 Punzybobo

This may take a while!

image.png

Duke 507 1200

I expected as much, great job Triternion team.

Knight 830 1764
  • 28 Aug '17
 Ulkenstride

@ToLazy4Name said:
it's gonna be the full fucking two weeks and even after all that time it'll still be horribly fucking broken on launch

I fucking hate Triternion holy shit

@ToLazy4Name said:
If you read this devs, I want you to know that i'm not grateful for your continued inability to meet the release dates that you set for yourselves

you're BAD

Baron 50 64
Knight 399 873
  • 28 Aug '17
 Alphonse

@Huggles said:

[I'm] just really fucking disappointed they let all this hype build without explicitly telling [me and a minority of overly vocal teenagers] there would be a [very small delay considering the project's full timeline] when [a few kids were hyped but bored with their everyday lives] and expecting it [RIGHT NAOOO]. They waited till [the end of the announced release date period] to tell us this, and at least during that time the devs said it would take a few days. How a few days turned into [two weeks] is beyond me tbh.

It's not unreasonable, the devs didn't do something reprehensible or whatever, it's just disappointing and shitty [yet it happens 95% of times during game development].

ftfy

Knight 3313 6811
  • 28 Aug '17
 Bodkin

@marox said:
We simply couldn't get everything done in time to hit August. These weeks before launch are incredibly hectic and sometimes there's just not enough hours in a day (or week, or month).

Rocket League very hectic

Screenshot_2017-08-28-17-11-30.png

Knight 830 1764
  • 28 Aug '17
 Ulkenstride

@Bodkin said:

@marox said:
We simply couldn't get everything done in time to hit August. These weeks before launch are incredibly hectic and sometimes there's just not enough hours in a day (or week, or month).

Rocket League very hectic

Screenshot_2017-08-28-17-11-30.png

Elwebbaro probably finished his work for the day, or was taking a short break, because after doing something over and over again for hours, it gets old, you need a break from time to time.

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 28 Aug '17
 vanguard

Fear not devmens I imagine making games is a very hard deal, and so is dealing with Steam probably.

Good luck with the alpha launch process! I can't wait to see the results of your work!

Remember that we are on your side. Sometimes might look like not but I think everyone here is very supportive tbh. We all just really hyped imho

319 417
  • 28 Aug '17
 ChuckJones

Dealing with Steam should be easy.

They're all bronies for what I know. Give them free MLP merchandise to Gaben especially. Mordhau will get steam client access

Knight 3313 6811
  • 28 Aug '17
 Bodkin

@Ulkenstride said:
because after doing something over and over again for hours, it gets old, you need a break from time to time.

dd3.png

I need a break from waiting

Knight 19 49
  • 28 Aug '17
 SmexyLord

I can not deny that their is disappointment in my heart, but I hear making a game is a very difficult task. I trust that the decision was not made lightly. I am glad the devs made the hard choice and decided to make the alpha better on release. You have my full support, dev people.

71 555
  • 28 Aug '17
 Vesanus — Level Design

@Jax said:
@Vesanus good job on those maps, they look wonderful! Do those hanging ropes on ruins have physics at all?

Sorry, but the credit (for the mentioned maps) goes to Elwebbaro, Geach3d and Maxilator. I mostly work on the MainGamemode™ levels, but you can expect some smaller maps from me very soon.

The ropes you've seen on the screenshots don't have physics though - It's just a static mesh with a moving material.

Knight 83 115
  • 28 Aug '17
 Mufflin

You can't wait until release day and then announce that actually you haven't made the game because you've run away with all the money.

Knight 5410 7408
  • 28 Aug '17
 Humble Staff

@Vesanus said:

@Jax said:
@Vesanus good job on those maps, they look wonderful! Do those hanging ropes on ruins have physics at all?

Sorry, but the credit (for the mentioned maps) goes to Elwebbaro, Geach3d and Maxilator. I mostly work on the MainGamemode™ levels, but you can expect some smaller maps from me very soon.

The ropes you've seen on the screenshots don't have physics though - It's just a static mesh with a moving material.

i see, and can you walk over them?

Knight 830 1764
  • 28 Aug '17
 Ulkenstride

@Humble Staff said:

@Vesanus said:

@Jax said:

i see, and can you walk over them?

I believe he's talking about the Ropes hanging down from above, not the Rope Net Bridge, which you can walk on.

zXzr6ww