August update

Mercenary 27 30
  • 28 Aug '17
 Proxysimulator

2 weeks? what in the actual fuck

Count 1452 3389
  • 28 Aug '17
 Smokingbobs

brb. Going into a self-induced coma for two weeks.

Baron 135 244
  • 28 Aug '17
 EvilSuD

Just PLEASE do not delay it even more.

Knight 123 143
  • 28 Aug '17
 Chairman

Oh shit I'm drunk... had to get drunk in order to endure this.

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 28 Aug '17
 Sir Zombie

At least the mace looks gud

Knight 399 873
  • 28 Aug '17
 Alphonse

I waited for this game for years too.

I wasn't upset when it was obvious the alpha wasn't going to be out in early August. Hell, I haven't even been disappointed in how most monthly updates are just screenshots of cosmetic stuff.

I'm not angry they are delaying it for scalability and stress testing or for whatever reason. Even if it takes 1 or 2 extra months. I've already waited TEN TIMES as much time.

Most of you kids should stay out of drugs, gambling and shit where patience and self control may be the keys to preventing you from killing yourself. Or maybe take some pills. Idk. Some of you definitely sound like you're in dire need of medication.

Edit: Why isn't there an option to block/ignore stuff from specific users? This forum turned to stage 4 cancer in no time.

Baron 1647 5234
  • 28 Aug '17
 Lincs

Things to do until Sept 14:

Play Chivalry and experience profound self loathing.

Wait for them to fix the slow Internet connection in my general area of the uni so I can play Chivalry and experience profound self loathing.

Attend classes. (gay)

Do some blow.

Die.

Baron 495 1381

Time for WaitMate™ gents!

Knight 6 18
  • 28 Aug '17
 cossackwarrior

fuck off baron

273 444
  • 28 Aug '17
 YOLANDIVISSER

@Lincs said:
Things to do until Sept 14:

Play Chivalry and experience profound self loathing.

Wait for them to fix the slow Internet connection in my general area of the uni so I can play Chivalry and experience profound self loathing.

Attend classes. (gay)

Do some blow.

Die.

Chiv servers have been reaaaaaalllyyy bad this week in NA because of flooding and stuff. Every server I've been on has crazy packet loss. Might not be your internet.

Duke 2266 4010
  • 28 Aug '17
 Huggles

@MrBlackDragon said:
Take another two months to polish if needed.

giphy

Knight 573 1165
  • 28 Aug '17
 JoBe

The longer the wait, the sweeter the taste when we finally get to sink our teeth into the alpha. Gather round the bonfire, I have a nice story to lighten the mood.

One night an expeditioner on a desert stumbled upon a magic lamp in which a jinn resided that could grant a wish to whoever released it from captivity.

The expeditioner asked to become immortal which the jinn declined saying: "That is too difficult. Wish for something else."

The expeditioner made another hope: "Then I want the developers of Mount & Blade 2 to announce a release date."

The jinn wiped sweat from his forehead and said: "What was the other wish? Let me see."

Conscript 1394 2153
  • 28 Aug '17
 Smeelio

I'm actually kind of glad I don't have the alpha now
Wait no pls gib
Nice pictures though, and thanks for being forthright

301 875
  • 28 Aug '17
 Naleaus

I'm fine with the delay. While I plan on playing a lot, my life fortunately doesn't revolve around gaming. Plus I'm buying a jouhikko/tagelharpa and need time to learn to play it.

Count 92 260
  • 28 Aug '17
 Intellicide

The final Kickstarter stretch goal was no delays. :'(

Duke 2266 4010
  • 28 Aug '17
 Huggles

@Vin¢ said:
I will just quote the kickstarter terms of use here:

When a project is successfully funded, the creator must complete the project and fulfill each reward. Once a creator has done so, they’ve satisfied their obligation to their backers.

Throughout the process, creators owe their backers a high standard of effort, honest communication, and a dedication to bringing the project to life. At the same time, backers must understand that when they back a project, they’re helping to create something new — not ordering something that already exists. There may be changes or delays, and there’s a chance something could happen that prevents the creator from being able to finish the project as promised.

https://www.kickstarter.com/terms-of-use

Ya, that's why no one is suing Triternion.

We're just really fucking disappointed they let all this hype build without explicitly telling us there would be a half month delay near the last few days when everyone was hyped and expecting it within a week. They waited till August 27th to tell us this, and at least during that time the devs said it would take a few days. How a few days turned into half a month is beyond me tbh.

It's not unreasonable, the devs didn't do something reprehensible or whatever, it's just disappointing and shitty. And people have every reason to complain and criticize the devs over this. Do I still love em? Sure, but I won't just blindly praise and support their every move tbh. That's what cults do.

Count 4205 9821
  • 28 Aug '17
 DerFurst

This is why you need Buddhism, huggles. These things wouldn't make you upset if you just followed the Buddha's teachings of non-attachment to the cycles of pain and pleasure

Duke 2266 4010
  • 28 Aug '17
 Huggles

@DerFurst said:
This is why you need Buddhism, huggles. These things wouldn't make you upset if you just followed the Buddha's teachings of non-attachment to the cycles of pain and pleasure

If bhuddism means I won't feel the urge to play mordhau and let the devs know peeps don't like delays, fuck bhuddism tbh.

Count 4205 9821
  • 28 Aug '17
 DerFurst

@Huggles said:

@DerFurst said:

If bhuddism means I won't feel the urge to play mordhau and let the devs know peeps don't like delays, fuck bhuddism tbh.

non-attachment is about feeling urges but allowing them to pass through you, not the deadening to sensation

Count 449 1186