Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

August update

Baron 1226 1617
  • 28 Aug '17
 Carlo_Mano

I see a white banner here. Does it mean it mean it's colour will change depending of the context of is it just a placeholder?

Knight 199 307
Knight 3313 6811
  • 28 Aug '17
 Bodkin

HOLY SHIT THE GOEDENDAG SPAM WORKED

NEW MAIN FOUND (besides longbow ofc you casul)

Knight 92 313
  • 28 Aug '17
 Darkfyre

@MrBlackDragon said:
Why all the hate? It's only a small delay for something you're getting early.

If you read this devs, I want you to know that I am grateful for the work you're doing. Take another two months to polish if needed. People need to understand that development goals are made to be flexible.
Once again thanks for the hard work and I look forward to the alpha release.

Do not misunderstand, I am grateful for their hard work, and insofar the new content looks awesome. I also want them to make sure it's exactly what we paid for.

But that's the kicker right there. We paid a premium to play this alpha, as was advertised. We helped fund this game for everyone. We don't own it of course, but I would not be pleased at all with a 2 month delay. And I'm not alone. We paid extra for the "privledge" to test their game. And we were promised a certain timeframe, and under that assumption, we forked over extra money.

That being said, a two week delay is not unreasonable at all. People are annoyed that they were told at the very last second. Developer silence is often a bad habit that can foreshadow other development problems. While I don't think in the slightest that the Mordhau team are going to turn out to be bad developers, it is still nonetheless worrying behavior.

Doom and gloom aside, I fully expect the Mordhau alpha to be miles and miles ahead of traditional alphas, and be more like a beta in terms of polish. This dev team has put out some really promising teaser content and I'm all giddy waiting!

Knight 627 2068
  • 28 Aug '17
 LuxCandidus

Being disappointed the kickstarter did not predict the alpha's release being in August is unreasonable. Being disappointed the alpha's launch is not the end of August is your fault because the developers said it was what they are aiming for, not what would be. Furthermore, they mentioned sometimes delays are inevitable.

Being disappointed they said a few days and are now saying two weeks is reasonable, although I think they are only giving such a length to avoid stating a deadline they may not meet and in doing so upset people. Being disappointed they waited until the last second to announce it is reasonable.

Throwing a fit or berating the developers is not the right course of action. For the past two years they have been nothing but amazing. Have faith. It is very difficult for them and they must be under a lot of stress which you are amplifying by causing a ruckus.

Knight 123 262
  • 28 Aug '17
 Vin¢

I will just quote the kickstarter terms of use here:

When a project is successfully funded, the creator must complete the project and fulfill each reward. Once a creator has done so, they’ve satisfied their obligation to their backers.

Throughout the process, creators owe their backers a high standard of effort, honest communication, and a dedication to bringing the project to life. At the same time, backers must understand that when they back a project, they’re helping to create something new — not ordering something that already exists. There may be changes or delays, and there’s a chance something could happen that prevents the creator from being able to finish the project as promised.

https://www.kickstarter.com/terms-of-use

Knight 199 307
  • 28 Aug '17
 Spanky

This hurt my feelings Birch.png

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 28 Aug '17
 EruTheTeapot

I wouldn't be able to play Alpha in august anyway so get fucked y'all ! huehuehue
Anyway cool map pics tbh, goob job!

27 23
  • 28 Aug '17
 Krtex

Just popping here to wish you good luck Triterion, deployment to production is the most nightmarish part of development, especially when you have to make your stuff work together with a platform like Steam lol. Keep strong these two weeks boyos

Knight 92 313
  • 28 Aug '17
 Darkfyre

@Vin¢ said:
I will just quote the kickstarter terms of use here:

When a project is successfully funded, the creator must complete the project and fulfill each reward. Once a creator has done so, they’ve satisfied their obligation to their backers.

Throughout the process, creators owe their backers a high standard of effort, honest communication, and a dedication to bringing the project to life. At the same time, backers must understand that when they back a project, they’re helping to create something new — not ordering something that already exists. There may be changes or delays, and there’s a chance something could happen that prevents the creator from being able to finish the project as promised.

https://www.kickstarter.com/terms-of-use

Woosh

Not why people have gripes. But yes, I do agree that maybe people are going a little overboard. Myself included.

Damn you Mordhau, I haven't actually cared about a video game like this since I was a teen. Stop it. Stop dangling right in front of my face. :*

Knight 830 1764
Knight 147 159
  • 28 Aug '17
 MrBlackDragon

People need to understand, if it isn't ready, it simply isn't ready. You can't play something that isn't playable. Unforeseen circumstances are a huge part of development. Last second delays are pretty much guaranteed and the devs cannot predict when these delays will happen. As alpha backers you should be the most understanding of all since you signed up to receive an unfinished product in the first place. I can't wait to see these same people complain about the state of the alpha when they do get their hands on it because it's not good enough for them.

Knight 7768 14327
  • 28 Aug '17
 ToLazy4Name

@MrBlackDragon said:
I can't wait to see these same people complain about the state of the alpha when they do get their hands on it because it's not good enough for them.

haha yes those silly people who complain about the alpha still being broken even though they delayed it to shit specifically to avoid that haha man what a bunch of ungrateful children rofl haha

Knight 80 52
  • 28 Aug '17
 monkey7659

He said a MAXIMUM of 2 weeks, so I'm expecting around a 10 day delay which is alright I guess.

Knight 7768 14327
  • 28 Aug '17
 ToLazy4Name

@monkey7659 said:
He said a MAXIMUM of 2 weeks, so I'm expecting around a 10 day delay which is alright I guess.

good joke

Knight 80 52
  • 28 Aug '17
 monkey7659

@ToLazy4Name said:

@monkey7659 said:

good joke

13 days 23 hours 59 minutes to go

Knight 3313 6811
  • 28 Aug '17
 Bodkin

Won't be long now™

Baron 495 1381

@MrBlackDragon said:
If you read this devs, I want you to know that I am grateful for the work you're doing. Take another two months to polish if needed. People need to understand that development goals are made to be flexible.
Once again thanks for the hard work and I look forward to the alpha release.

HEAR HEAR!

Knight 2608 6921
  • 28 Aug '17
 Rattsknecht

@Carlo_Mano said:

I see a white banner here. Does it mean it mean it's colour will change depending of the context of is it just a placeholder?

torn banners

Knight 3 11