Mordhau

August update

988 6974
  • 28 Aug '17
 marox — Project Lead

@Lincs said:

@marox said:
one to a maximum of two weeks into September

One question @marox - I noticed in the promo pictures that all the map pickup weapon racks are empty. In the game will the weapons on them be randomized or pre set to be the same weapons every time?

We're still playing around with it, so not entirely sure yet. One approach is having random spawns be activated in each game, so that you have to go out and explore a little.

Knight 590 690
  • 28 Aug '17
 Garou

The ruins looks like a very fun map :)

Duke 5556 13282
  • 28 Aug '17
 Jax — Community Manager

@Vesanus good job on those maps, they look wonderful! Do those hanging ropes on ruins have physics at all?

Baron 495 1381

Thank you kindly for the update!
Remember lads; Good things come to those who wait.
Waiting-Period-Pet-Insurance-Terms.jpg

Baroness 303 417
  • 28 Aug '17
 LιиgLιиg

Those 2h maces have me not even upset about the delay tbh. Cant wait to get my hands on them though

9 13
  • 28 Aug '17
 SumminCool

Two weeks isn't a terrible delay. I've seen worse to be fair.

Knight 1836 2232
  • 28 Aug '17
 Void

Guys I know how hyped you are, and some of you are a bit disappointed right now, but we don't know what it's like developing a game like Mordhau. The dev team is straggling to make it a great experience for us. 1-2 weeks more isn't the end of the world, considering the long wait to this day.

The greatmaces and the maps look beautiful!

Knight 30 55
  • 28 Aug '17
 TPMElbanana

predictabo

Mercenary 2551 4572
Count 671 1131
  • 28 Aug '17
 Zexis

@marox said:

@Zexis said:
Do you have any additional information on the NDA? I know many of us are looking forward to publicly discussing and creating content for the game.

We're aiming to have it in place at the start, to see how everything goes at first. It'd only relate to sharing images/video content.

Thanks. Maybe you don't know yet, but I'd also like to know how it will be enforced - e.g. if Johnny starts streaming on twitch when alpha hits, will he be banned from the game, a takedown notice issued, etc?

Knight 17 67

Holy fucking shit. couple of days is 2 weeks now. We're going the mount and gay faglord route. Can't wait for the next delay to be announced before 14 september hits.

arrrrrgh.gif

Baron 1645 5231
  • 28 Aug '17
 Lincs

@marox said:

@Lincs said:

@marox said:
one to a maximum of two weeks into September

One question @marox - I noticed in the promo pictures that all the map pickup weapon racks are empty. In the game will the weapons on them be randomized or pre set to be the same weapons every time?

We're still playing around with it, so not entirely sure yet. One approach is having random spawns be activated in each game, so that you have to go out and explore a little.

I like the sound of that. It's the little details like these that make each round different, which in turn keeps the game fresh.

Plus the whole concept of map pickup weapons has fascinated me ever since Halo 3, and I've yet to see it be done this well

Knight 627 2068
  • 28 Aug '17
 LuxCandidus

The Ruins look gorgeous. The Goedendag looks great. Take your time, everyone. You are the greatest.

Knight 7768 14327
  • 28 Aug '17
 ToLazy4Name

"a few more days"

"two weeks"

called it

Knight 92 313
  • 28 Aug '17
 Darkfyre

While I don't doubt at all that you guys are working really hard to make this release great, I am disappointed by the silence in August. I'm sure you really, really, really didn't want to delay it, but silence until literally the last moment when you need an extra half a month is highly disappointing. Not to mention bad for PR, this is exactly the kind of thing that Mordhau doubters were saying and ya went and proved them right.

While of course I am happy to be patient and wait for the better product, this was a bad PR move. We should have been told about this 3 weeks ago.

Still looking forward to the release in two weeks. I have faith that the Mordhau alpha will kick ass!

Knight 445 1074
Duchess 806 3550
  • 28 Aug '17
 Stouty

Will we get a release date in the next 2 weeks or will it drop out of the blue?

Knight 263 646
  • 28 Aug '17
 Yirtox

I'm a bit disappointed but hey, maximum two weeks won't be long. Ruins and Camp both look awesome, great work !

Knight 7768 14327
  • 28 Aug '17
 ToLazy4Name

also implying they'll even be able to stick to their maximum haha lol xd