Spanky

@Ulkenstride said:
They're working some more! ;)

More work for the Devs.PNG

Should have been done a week ago.

1315 2881
  • 5 Sep '17
 Monsteri

They're all artists in your screenshot, why would they be the ones handling client integration to steam? They could be playtesting maps for all you know.

Knight 199 307
  • 5 Sep '17
 Spanky

@Monsteri said:
They're all artists in your screenshot, why would they be the ones handling client integration to steam? They could be playtesting maps for all you know.

Why would they be? I feel like server testing should be more important than testing maps.

Knight 830 1764
  • 5 Sep '17
 Ulkenstride

@Monsteri said:

Playtesting or "Working". I never said they were integrating, for all we know they could be testing as you said.

Conscript 1394 2153
  • 5 Sep '17
 Smeelio

@Spanky said:

@Monsteri said:

Why would they be? I feel like server testing should be more important than testing maps.

Probs because they don't have the skillsets to do that, so instead they are doing other useful work to save time in the long run, while the people qualified for it work on the server stuff right now

Knight 199 307
  • 5 Sep '17
 Spanky

@Smeelio said:

@Spanky said:

@Monsteri said:

Probs because they don't have the skillsets to do that, so instead they are doing other useful work to save time in the long run, while the people qualified for it work on the server stuff right now

It doesn't take much skill to join a server to see if it works.

Conscript 1394 2153
  • 5 Sep '17
 Smeelio

@Spanky said:

@Smeelio said:

@Spanky said:

@Monsteri said:

It doesn't take much skill to join a server to see if it works.

Iunno, I'm not a game dev, maybe it does

1315 2881
  • 5 Sep '17
 Monsteri

@Ulkenstride said:

@Monsteri said:

Playtesting or "Working". I never said they were integrating, for all we know they could be testing as you said.

Well, sorry for being a bit confrontational, you seemed genuinely irate. Either way they could be playing pubg right now and it wouldn't affect the release date.

319 417
  • 5 Sep '17
 ChuckJones

Pubg lol

Baron 495 1381

@D&D Level 1 Human Rogue
↑ I like this gents way with words. Hope to encounter you on the pitch!

I reckon the toxic will still be around as we can see some of them reside within the forum.
All we can do it shine through the years until they call this game dead as we breath life into the few remaining vestige of servers. Lookin' forward to being gracious in Mordhau!

273 444
  • 6 Sep '17
 YOLANDIVISSER

Chiv is still easy to find a server on 5 years in. ndb

Baron 495 1381

@YOLANDIVISSER said:

Count 3976 8339
  • 6 Sep '17
 TheDankestMeme

@YOLANDIVISSER said:

A braindead person isnt dead but it doesnt mean that you should still fuck it, chivalry isnt dead but it doesnt mean you should still play it.

Duke 986 1381
  • 6 Sep '17
 PadanFain

@TheDankestMeme said:

@YOLANDIVISSER said:

A braindead person isnt dead but it doesnt mean that you should still fuck it, chivalry isnt dead but it doesnt mean you should still play it.

Whats fun is fun ;)

Knight 1836 2232
  • 6 Sep '17
 Void

@Alphonse said:

@Void said:
Now, if you get killed by a more skillful player, you don't have anything to be salty about. You might even learn a thing or two that'll help you to git gud some day.

Yeah, in a perfect world that would be the case. It would be similar a case if this game were to enjoy a healthy community with a more positive attitude towards all sorts of veterans and newbies.

However, you seem to have forgotten this game will not be played by gentlemen but rather by teenagers and aggressive autists who are regulars on 4chan's subreddit, to name a distinctive characteristic of their online personas. And historically, Chiv's community has been more prone to embrace the bantz rather than sportsmanship, sadly. In this day and age, where NA > EU / EU > NA seems to be a primary source of disputes in online communities, I don't have such high hopes for Mordhau.

Considering it will be an online experience with different ping ranges the game won't be 100% consistent no matter how polished its mechanics are, at least not from the player's perspective. It's always the case no matter what multiplayer game or developer it may be and I'm willing to bet this will be the case for Mordhau as well.

But the biggest issue is that this will be a competitive game. Nobody likes losing in such an environment, not even to a more skilled adversary. More so if they perceive their opponent's skill to be similar to their own, unless this game truly has a very high skill ceiling. Sore losers will always be there, more so when whenever they mess up, their heads gets crushed. They will be salty no matter what and blame their teammates, the terrain, gambling by their opponents, ping, etc.

I don't disagree with what you're saying here. I just believe that the levels of salt and toxicity will be lower in Mordhau.

In chivalry it was the game itself that was toxic. The players lost their respect for the game and TB. After all, it was abandoned by its own devs who left it with so many problems. Some people still play it (including me until recently), but you can feel that a lot of people are angry there. I think that all these are reflected on the general attitude of the community.

With a big portion of chiv's playerbase being transferred here, I see a lot of people bringing over the same attitude. I hope that it will gradually tone down.

Again, I don't think that things will be perfect, just better.

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 6 Sep '17
 EruTheTeapot

This is internet, you just don't get a toxic-free place anyhow

Knight 1836 2232
  • 6 Sep '17
 Void

@EruTheTeapot said:
This is internet, you just don't get a toxic-free place anyhow

Big truth

Baron 36 63
  • 6 Sep '17