Mordhau

August update

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 5 Sep '17
 EruTheTeapot

Where did they said "First of August" though ?
I only saw ESTIMATED time to be August as whole month. I demand proof

Knight 2306 4188
  • 5 Sep '17
 Runagate

@Mufflin said:

@cappuccinoamaro said:
Marox said from 7 days to 14 days in september SO MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE is in 2 days

Just like they said from the first of august to the end of august in august until at the end of august they announced it would be from the start of september to some point in september.

They never gave exact dates, only estimations. They said there might be delays.

So stop spewing bullshit, you haven't been lied to.

Mercenary 83 73

@BrothergunZM said:
god damn it! its already September now and u r still not purchase the key! really???

?

273 444
  • 5 Sep '17
 YOLANDIVISSER

@Wiebusje said:
Whoever is still playing chiv I take my hat off for you, the amount of toxicity is appalling and I quit playing after 3 months. I hope we can keep Mordhau somewhat more mature.

On topic: not long left before the release! Hype!

Keeping Mordhau mature=Keeping Mordhau boring

Also, that's simply not going to happen. Mordhau will have the same extreme skill curve, brutally personal deaths, and egos as chivalry. It's gonna be troll city and I look forward to it being spicy

Knight 1836 2232
  • 5 Sep '17
 Void

I don't know if it's going to be more mature, but it will surely be less salty. With a balanced combat system and no exploits, it's all about skill.
Git gud will be the only answer.

Conscript 1394 2153
  • 5 Sep '17
 Smeelio

@Void said:
I don't know if it's going to be more mature, but it will surely be less salty. With a balanced combat system and no exploits, it's all about skill.

Don't be too hasty with that though, there might still be problems after the alpha and beta that don't get fixed for a while (a lot of good/popular games still have bugs and imbalances even now,) but if people think the game is perfect no matter what, Mordhau might become the new Dark Souls

Knight 1836 2232
  • 5 Sep '17
 Void

@Smeelio said:

@Void said:

Don't be too hasty with that though, there might still be problems after the alpha and beta that don't get fixed for a while (a lot of good/popular games still have bugs and imbalances even now,) but if people think the game is perfect no matter what, Mordhau might become the new Dark Souls

We are here to track down any problems or bugs and I'm sure the devs will fix them asap. So far they look determined to keep the game clear of such things and I have faith that they'll continue to do so in the future.

Of course, I don't expect it to be perfect in alpha and beta. Playtesting exists to improve and if possible to perfect the game.

Conscript 1394 2153
  • 5 Sep '17
 Smeelio

@Void said:

@Smeelio said:

@Void said:

We are here to track down any problems or bugs and I'm sure the devs will fix them asap. So far they look determined to keep the game clear of such things and I have faith that they'll continue to do so in the future.

Of course, I don't expect it to be perfect in alpha and beta. Playtesting exists to improve and if possible to perfect the game.

Yeah, the kind of game Mordhau is, and the way the game is being developed and who it is being developed by, all give me hope that if a game CAN be flawless, Mordhau could be one of those games. I'm just being careful about putting all my eggs into one basket prematurely, or possibly even accidentally pre-toxifying the community (moreso than the forums already have done haha amirite)

Baron 1645 5231
  • 5 Sep '17
 Lincs

very soon :)

Knight 399 872
  • 5 Sep '17
 Alphonse

@Void said:
I don't know if it's going to be more mature, but it will surely be less salty.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Knight 1836 2232
  • 5 Sep '17
 Void

@Alphonse said:

@Void said:
I don't know if it's going to be more mature, but it will surely be less salty.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hey, I didn't say no salt at all. Just less salt.

This is how I think about it...
If the game is balanced, most of the time, the most skillful combatant will win (at least in a one-on-one situation).
Now, if you get killed by a more skillful player, you don't have anything to be salty about. You might even learn a thing or two that'll help you to git gud some day.

Chivalry is completely different. Being unbalanced and full of exploits, most of the times you die, you get the feeling that you were cheated or defeated by exploits, especially if you don't use them yourself or you don't want to follow the meta.

Knight 263 646
  • 5 Sep '17
 Yirtox

@Void said:

Chivalry is completely different. Being unbalanced and full of exploits, most of the times you die, you get the feeling that you were cheated or defeated by exploits, especially if you don't use them yourself or you don't want to follow the meta.

Very well said, that is exactly what I feel in those moments, even though I've never really thought about why I felt so

Knight 54 66
  • 5 Sep '17
 cappuccinoamaro

NO DELAY OR IM GOING TO SHAVE MY BALLS WITH TWEEZERS

Knight 25 83
  • 5 Sep '17
 Wiebusje

@YOLANDIVISSER said:

@Wiebusje said:
Whoever is still playing chiv I take my hat off for you, the amount of toxicity is appalling and I quit playing after 3 months. I hope we can keep Mordhau somewhat more mature.

On topic: not long left before the release! Hype!

Keeping Mordhau mature=Keeping Mordhau boring

Also, that's simply not going to happen. Mordhau will have the same extreme skill curve, brutally personal deaths, and egos as chivalry. It's gonna be troll city and I look forward to it being spicy

I disagree. You can master the skill curve and have a meme/spicy/fun time, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I think that the key is moderation and a bit of maturity, something that was obviously lacking in Chivalry. Sometimes the chat was spammed full of racial slurs and people vote kicking each other for no reason whatsoever.

I'm not sure how Mordhau is going to handle this, but I've heard that the servers will be dedicated and hopefully a bit moderated, just to weed out the worst trolls.

I know a lot of people have their own opinions about this, but these are just my 2 cents.

Duke 5556 13282
  • 5 Sep '17
 Jax — Community Manager

No reason to not have chat moderation unless you're an edgy middle schooler who thinks it's cool to spam racial slurs, all it does is benefit the game and make it more enjoyable for everyone

214 412
  • 5 Sep '17
 Astonop

@Jax said:
No reason to not have chat moderation unless you're an edgy middle schooler who thinks it's cool to spam racial slurs, all it does is benefit the game and make it more enjoyable for everyone

I imagine if it happens it'll end up with official servers having a mild filter and self-hosted dedicated servers being custom. Honestly, as long as I have a choice to disable chat completely I couldn't care either way.

273 444
  • 5 Sep '17
 YOLANDIVISSER

Me wanting spicy trolls doesn't mean I want racial slur spamming in chat.

Knight 399 872
  • 5 Sep '17
 Alphonse

@Void said:
Now, if you get killed by a more skillful player, you don't have anything to be salty about. You might even learn a thing or two that'll help you to git gud some day.

Yeah, in a perfect world that would be the case. It would be similar a case if this game were to enjoy a healthy community with a more positive attitude towards all sorts of veterans and newbies.

However, you seem to have forgotten this game will not be played by gentlemen but rather by teenagers and aggressive autists who are regulars on 4chan's subreddit, to name a distinctive characteristic of their online personas. And historically, Chiv's community has been more prone to embrace the bantz rather than sportsmanship, sadly. In this day and age, where NA > EU / EU > NA seems to be a primary source of disputes in online communities, I don't have such high hopes for Mordhau.

Considering it will be an online experience with different ping ranges the game won't be 100% consistent no matter how polished its mechanics are, at least not from the player's perspective. It's always the case no matter what multiplayer game or developer it may be and I'm willing to bet this will be the case for Mordhau as well.

But the biggest issue is that this will be a competitive game. Nobody likes losing in such an environment, not even to a more skilled adversary. More so if they perceive their opponent's skill to be similar to their own, unless this game truly has a very high skill ceiling. Sore losers will always be there, more so when whenever they mess up, their heads gets crushed. They will be salty no matter what and blame their teammates, the terrain, gambling by their opponents, ping, etc.

273 444
  • 5 Sep '17
 YOLANDIVISSER

Yeah. Games like this run on the hatred of others. It pushes people to play to be better.

Knight 337 777
  • 5 Sep '17
 AngelEyes

@Ulkenstride said:
I had a nightmare last night, the Alpha was delayed again, and I started crying.

Haha, I seriously had a dream we all logged in and it was the "Slasher" prototype build and Devs was like, "Kickstarter pitch video build isn't ready quite yet."