Mordhau

August update

Knight 64 93

So basically this forums life is as follows: "What?!", "Triternion WTF", "Hey don't shit on Triternion they're good guys", And now a perpetual morality war between those who are pissed and those who are defending Triternion like a cult. And then there's shit posters but nevermind them.

Knight 30 55
  • 1 Sep '17
 TPMElbanana

only 13 more days to go, don't falter

Knight 122 237
Baron 1607 5105
  • 1 Sep '17
 Lincs

@Ser_RacistTheToast said:
So basically this forums life is as follows: "What?!", "Triternion WTF", "Hey don't shit on Triternion they're good guys", And now a perpetual morality war between those who are pissed and those who are defending Triternion like a cult. And then there's shit posters but nevermind them.

Come join the shitpost side

We're gay and good at sord

Knight 64 93

@Lincs said:

Hmmm. Alright comrade.

550px-Whiteknight.png

78 115
  • 1 Sep '17
 SandorClegane

Marox, I ask your leave to execute the one known as Lazy and his kind. Their insolence has gone too far and their vagrant disregard for the process of developing and releasing a game must be punished. We must cull the weak minded who simply can't understand that no definite date was ever set, and that this is an alpha. Delays are acceptable, especially a mere two weeks.

I can't stand the whining any longer, they must be punished. IMG_2283.JPG

78 115
  • 1 Sep '17
 SandorClegane

@Lincs said:

Hmmm. Alright comrade.

550px-Whiteknight.png

Ser Racist I have seent you in chiv

Baron 2 5
  • 1 Sep '17
 Marv

If it takes any longer i'm gonna have to play chivalry. Send Help.

78 115
  • 1 Sep '17
 SandorClegane

@Marv said:
If it takes any longer i'm gonna have to play chivalry. Send Help.

Lol, my thoughts exactly.

plays chiv to ease wait for mordhau
instantly thinks about how much better mordhau is gonna be while playing chiv
gets annoyed at chivs balarinas
crys
plays more chiv knowing it's inferior specimen

Baron 36 63
  • 1 Sep '17
 Lamprey

Please take a moment and understand that this is their first game as a team. Sure they've done a lot of work so far, most likely learned a great deal about game development, but that doesn't mean they know all. No one does, even professionals that poop out annual editions to popular franchises. I tried 3D game development, but with my lack of skills modeling and an inability to network or find artists, I've moved to 2D strategy games instead. It fits my addiction to programming, and it is not art intensive. I still work with vectors and rotations, but minus one axis. The cool part about not working in the 3D environment is it really opens up the ability to not only make a game solo, but have deep gameplay and mechanics most AAA games lack these days. Plus side is I'm not constricted to Unity/Unreal, which are both annoying in their own ways.

Knight 64 93

@SandorClegane said:

@Lincs said:

Hmmm. Alright comrade.

550px-Whiteknight.png

Ser Racist I have seent you in chiv

I wouldn't doubt it. I play nearly everyday.

Duke 5501 13138
  • 1 Sep '17
 Jax — Community Manager

@SandorClegane said:

Marox, I ask your leave to execute the one known as Lazy and his kind.

He's bunned until after he goes to boot camp lel

Knight 92 313
  • 1 Sep '17
 Darkfyre

I think the best way to sum it up is that small delays to fix critical issues are fine, but not telling people ahead of time gets their hopes up and makes them disappointed.

You can appreciate and understand the developers, while still remaining critical of their mistakes. Criticism does not mean hate. In fact, it's a way of showing care. Blind anger or insults are not criticism, I should point out. In other words, we shouldn't be overly critical of the devs, nor should we turn a blind eye to their mistakes and give them a blank check to just screw up over and over.

It's not like they were unaware that 3,000 people are going to log in to play Mordhau at once. I think the developers made the rookie mistake of spending too much time on content or polish, or perhaps some other unspoken issue, and only realized too late that steamworks and server integration were going to take way longer than thought.

This is totally understandable, and probably won't be the last time things are delayed during this development cycle. I just hope they are more transparent going forward.

Knight 135 150
  • 1 Sep '17
 SirLancelot

@Darkfyre said:
I think the best way to sum it up is that small delays to fix critical issues are fine, but not telling people ahead of time gets their hopes up and makes them disappointed.

You can appreciate and understand the developers, while still remaining critical of their mistakes. Criticism does not mean hate. In fact, it's a way of showing care. Blind anger or insults are not criticism, I should point out. In other words, we shouldn't be overly critical of the devs, nor should we turn a blind eye to their mistakes and give them a blank check to just screw up over and over.

It's not like they were unaware that 3,000 people are going to log in to play Mordhau at once. I think the developers made the rookie mistake of spending too much time on content or polish, or perhaps some other unspoken issue, and only realized too late that steamworks and server integration were going to take way longer than thought.

This is totally understandable, and probably won't be the last time things are delayed during this development cycle. I just hope they are more transparent going forward.

Well said Sir

Sellsword 31 28
  • 1 Sep '17
 LemonTroutsky

in b4: "Steam is giving us trouble, just a few more days. end of september, maximum."

Sellsword 31 28
  • 1 Sep '17
 LemonTroutsky

I think the most likely scenario is that there's some major flaws with the core mechanics of the game and all they've got is something the devs can make pretty demos with... but once it gets into the hands of actual players, they know it's going to be literally nothing but exploits and cheese spam.

Incoming Mordhau cheese is going to make Chivalry's cheese seem pasteurized.

1084 6147
  • 1 Sep '17
 crushed — Art

@LemonTroutsky said:
I think the most likely scenario is that there's some major flaws with the core mechanics of the game and all they've got is something the devs can make pretty demos with... but once it gets into the hands of actual players, they know it's going to be literally nothing but exploits and cheese spam.

You couldn't be more wrong. We are excited to give the game to the players, it just needs a little bit more time before its ready.

Knight 68 160

Nah, clearly because he didn't get what he wanted immediately, it's all a big conspiracy against him, right?

This guy said the same thing in discord the other day, and couldn't back up his statements when we asked to elaborate.

Baron 1607 5105
  • 1 Sep '17
 Lincs

@crushed said:

@LemonTroutsky said:

You couldn't be more wrong. We are excited to give the game to the players, it just needs a little bit more time before its ready.

Looks like his arguments were

(••)
( •
•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

...crushed.