Mordhau

August update

Baron 36 63
  • 29 Aug '17
 Lamprey

@YOLANDIVISSER said:

@Goatie said:

@YOLANDIVISSER said:
What exactly is horrendous about chivalry's server browser?

Well for one the servers just don't show up at all from time to time and in most cases there was no way to fix it but to try again tomorrow.

What. Just click refresh.

The game made up player counts and it was difficult to use the Steam overlay to join friends. Servers that were full could be joined by spamming in the browser when I had people in the server tell me there were openings. Modded servers were glitched towards the end of my playtime. Workshop downloads made it sometimes impossible to join servers that would auto-download for you. The friends tab showed the same server for each friend on the server, so you could have 10 entries for one server at times. Not to mention community issues, like an abused vote kick system that made it necessary to join new servers every time some group of bleach deficient memers banded together.

Baron 495 1381

marox tease.png

Now at this stage you can do one of two things:
Move onto advanced foreplay with the aim of making them squirt.
OR
Go straight to the release date and just pound away.
Either way they will orgasm in no time. One more point to add on the teasing… make sure you tease them for around 20 to 30 minutes to get them MASSIVELY turned on.
So that’s how you tease Mordhau forum users my dear Marox!

Knight 33 91
  • 29 Aug '17
 TNCWfagsterstaff

@•҉Ɓaron voŋ Moorland said:
Either way they will orgasm in no time. One more point to add on the teasing… make sure you tease them for around 20 to 30 minutes to get them MASSIVELY turned on.

20 to 30 years

Knight 23 35
  • 29 Aug '17
 Minkar

@Eagon said:

@Lamprey said:
Steam servers are notoriously bad for anything except Counter-strike Global Offensive, and even then those are debatable. It also takes a decent amount of time to integrate SteamWorks API into any game not on the Source engine, remember Chivalry's browser? Horrendous. Also, the problem that is most likely holding up the alpha is not a critical game bug, as revisions through source control should be available to re-stabilize the build and avoid players using hot code. Dedicated server load and multiplayer optimizations are most likely necessary to the release as no one could play without them.

Regarding the multiplayer optimizations I have a very bad feeling.
All the game that recently are on market with unreal engine 4 use only 1 core and regarding the unreal engine 4 with a "massive multiplayer" look for Squad.
On a 40vs.40 player map a person with a high end PC run it badly.

If the game is cpu limited it would be very disappointing tbh. And 1 core only is a total joke. I will wait March to see if buying a graphic card for this game is useful at all.

Keep up the good work team!

Could we have an average framerate with 64 bots on a game to give an early idea? And a framerate with few people on the game? (1080p / medium graphics of course)

214 412
  • 29 Aug '17
 Astonop

@Runagate said:

@Astonop said:
Kinda screwed over my plans for playing the game but ah well, watcha gonna do. Will probably end up playing alpha a few weeks into launch now but that's not much of a problem.

You had plans for a game with no certain release date and a very real possibility to be delayed?

I timed my Runescape membership to run out on the first day of September so I would be tempted to play Mordhau instead of Runescape. Is that a problem for you?

273 444
  • 29 Aug '17
 YOLANDIVISSER

@Astonop said:

@Runagate said:

@Astonop said:
Kinda screwed over my plans for playing the game but ah well, watcha gonna do. Will probably end up playing alpha a few weeks into launch now but that's not much of a problem.

You had plans for a game with no certain release date and a very real possibility to be delayed?

I timed my Runescape membership to run out on the first day of September so I would be tempted to play Mordhau instead of Runescape. Is that a problem for you?

Just roleplay on chiv with min graphics. Take turns with combat strikes. Same as RuneScape.

Count 1476 965

@Vin¢ said:
I will just quote the kickstarter terms of use here:

When a project is successfully funded, the creator must complete the project and fulfill each reward. Once a creator has done so, they’ve satisfied their obligation to their backers.

Throughout the process, creators owe their backers a high standard of effort, honest communication, and a dedication to bringing the project to life. At the same time, backers must understand that when they back a project, they’re helping to create something new — not ordering something that already exists. There may be changes or delays, and there’s a chance something could happen that prevents the creator from being able to finish the project as promised.

https://www.kickstarter.com/terms-of-use

Respect. But I still think you a POS M8.

214 412
  • 29 Aug '17
 Astonop

@YOLANDIVISSER said:

@Astonop said:

@Runagate said:

@Astonop said:

Just roleplay on chiv with min graphics. Take turns with combat strikes. Same as RuneScape.

Doable, but my fun for Chivalry has long since extinguished unfortunately. I'll probably end up buying another month membership and feed hungry Jagex.

Knight 5410 7408
  • 29 Aug '17
 Humble Staff

@YOLANDIVISSER said:
Take turns with combat strikes.

But that already happens by normally playing.

273 444
  • 29 Aug '17
 YOLANDIVISSER

@Humble Staff said:

@YOLANDIVISSER said:
Take turns with combat strikes.

But that already happens by normally playing.

Maybe when it's a noob vs noob

Knight 40 22
  • 29 Aug '17
 Lāčplēsis

WE CRUMBLE

Baron 17 45
  • 29 Aug '17
 ScaryGuy

Marox says over "3000" of us? Kickstarter says 4375. Did 1000 people or more renege on their kickstarter promise?

Knight 830 1764
  • 29 Aug '17
 Ulkenstride

Tbh what Chivalry's all about.

also, looks like they're working on Steam integration right now!

e662fa17eb436125096c6a22b6a7b2dd

Knight 68 160
  • 29 Aug '17
 SerTwentyGoodmen

@ScaryGuy said:
Marox says over "3000" of us? Kickstarter says 4375. Did 1000 people or more renege on their kickstarter promise?

Some probably didn't get alpha.

Knight 1836 2232
  • 29 Aug '17
 Void

@Ulkenstride said:

also, looks like they're working on Steam integration right now!

e662fa17eb436125096c6a22b6a7b2dd

At least some people can play Mordhau tbh

Knight 573 1165
  • 29 Aug '17
 JoBe

@ScaryGuy said:

But 4375 is over 3000, is it not? I suppose it is close enough to gain insight on the number of alpha people.

Knight 255 350
  • 29 Aug '17
 Ƭheodore

@ScaryGuy said:

No, you have to pledge $60 or more to get alpha. The number 4375 is the total number of people that pledged any amount

Knight 830 1764
  • 29 Aug '17
 Ulkenstride

Mordhau in about 13 Days.

Knight 54 66
  • 29 Aug '17
 cappuccinoamaro

im jealous