Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

August update

Knight 830 1764
  • 29 Aug '17
 Ulkenstride

Turns out, Marox has been waiting for Mordhau to be released long before we have.

Marox is actually older than we think.jpg

273 444
  • 29 Aug '17
 YOLANDIVISSER

@Lamprey said:
Steam servers are notoriously bad for anything except Counter-strike Global Offensive, and even then those are debatable. It also takes a decent amount of time to integrate SteamWorks API into any game not on the Source engine, remember Chivalry's browser? Horrendous. Also, the problem that is most likely holding up the alpha is not a critical game bug, as revisions through source control should be available to re-stabilize the build and avoid players using hot code. Dedicated server load and multiplayer optimizations are most likely necessary to the release as no one could play without them.

What exactly is horrendous about chivalry's server browser?

214 412
  • 29 Aug '17
 Astonop

Kinda screwed over my plans for playing the game but ah well, watcha gonna do. Will probably end up playing alpha a few weeks into launch now but that's not much of a problem.

Knight 2308 4188
  • 29 Aug '17
 Runagate

@Astonop said:
Kinda screwed over my plans for playing the game but ah well, watcha gonna do. Will probably end up playing alpha a few weeks into launch now but that's not much of a problem.

You had plans for a game with no certain release date and a very real possibility to be delayed?

Knight 154 452
  • 29 Aug '17
 Nautilus

@Runagate said:

@Astonop said:

You had plans for a game with no certain release date and a very real possibility to be delayed?

Mordhau is the meaning of life to most people on these forums.

Knight 83 115
  • 29 Aug '17
 Mufflin

@Xekratos said:

@interrog8or said:
how can we trust your word on anything now smh

Lmao it's a maximum of 2 weeks and it's not even the game's fault it's an issue with getting it to work with steam.

Just like it was a maximum of august 2 weeks ago and a maximum of 2 days, 2 days ago?

Knight 627 2068
  • 29 Aug '17
 LuxCandidus

@Mufflin said:
Just like it was a maximum of august 2 weeks ago and a maximum of 2 days, 2 days ago?

It was never a maximum of August.

@marox said:
We're aiming for end of August, if all goes according to plan. Sometimes delays are inevitable because things can break spectacularly at the last minute, but hopefully that won't be the case.

Notice how he does not say "I am announcing the launch date to be the end of August guaranteed". That is what you heard because it is what you wanted.

Knight 83 115
  • 29 Aug '17
 Mufflin

@monkey7659 said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@monkey7659 said:
He said a MAXIMUM of 2 weeks, so I'm expecting around a 10 day delay which is alright I guess.

good joke

13 days 23 hours 59 minutes to go

Until they announce a 2 week delay on the 2 week delay

Mercenary 7 7
  • 29 Aug '17
 Eagon

@Lamprey said:
Steam servers are notoriously bad for anything except Counter-strike Global Offensive, and even then those are debatable. It also takes a decent amount of time to integrate SteamWorks API into any game not on the Source engine, remember Chivalry's browser? Horrendous. Also, the problem that is most likely holding up the alpha is not a critical game bug, as revisions through source control should be available to re-stabilize the build and avoid players using hot code. Dedicated server load and multiplayer optimizations are most likely necessary to the release as no one could play without them.

Regarding the multiplayer optimizations I have a very bad feeling.
All the game that recently are on market with unreal engine 4 use only 1 core and regarding the unreal engine 4 with a "massive multiplayer" look for Squad.
On a 40vs.40 player map a person with a high end PC run it badly.

Knight 240 388
  • 29 Aug '17
 NitroSperg6K

@Mufflin said:
Until they announce a 2 week delay on the 2 week delay

How about you stfu and stop whining like a bitch

Baron 1226 1617
  • 29 Aug '17
 Carlo_Mano

@Eagon said:

@Lamprey said:

All the game that recently are on market with unreal engine 4 use only 1 core and regarding the unreal engine 4 with a "massive multiplayer" look for Squad.

Are you sure it's because of UE itself, and not C++?

Knight 54 66
  • 29 Aug '17
 cappuccinoamaro

alpha without online its fine for me, i shall kill bots without rest

Duke 5562 13285
  • 29 Aug '17
 Jax — Community Manager

@Eagon said:

@Lamprey said:

On a 40vs.40 player map a person with a high end PC run it badly.

I heard they're working on making servers use more than one core. Not sure if it'll be in the alpha but it's something they're looking into..

Duke 554 950
  • 29 Aug '17
 Goatie

@YOLANDIVISSER said:

Well for one the servers just don't show up at all from time to time and in most cases there was no way to fix it but to try again tomorrow.

273 444
  • 29 Aug '17
 YOLANDIVISSER

@Goatie said:

@YOLANDIVISSER said:

Well for one the servers just don't show up at all from time to time and in most cases there was no way to fix it but to try again tomorrow.

What. Just click refresh.

Mercenary 2551 4572
  • 29 Aug '17
 SIEGE

Isn't the entirety of Chiv horrendous?

Duke 554 950
  • 29 Aug '17
 Goatie

Lol it's a bug that used to happen a lot a few years ago, refreshing did nothing.

Knight 1061 2850
  • 29 Aug '17
 Valmirius

@YOLANDIVISSER said:

@Goatie said:

@YOLANDIVISSER said:

1. No autojoin.
  2. Bug where all the servers vanish if you change a filter.
  3. Bug where filters won't change even if you want them to, and they keep resetting.
  4. Bug where joining becomes an infinite loop where nothing happens and you're left waiting like a fuckwit.
  5. Refreshing doesn't always display new and current information.
Duke 554 950
  • 29 Aug '17
 Goatie

How the fuck did I forget all those problems with the browser after 2.8k hours lol. The forever loading in thing used to drive me insane.