Mordhau

Mordhau armor suggestions.

Knight 5408 7405
  • 15 Mar '19
 Humble Staff

Imho, it's fine if not every helmet is perfectly designed for peak performance. It's also historically accurate the fact that not everyone in an army could afford the peak exemplar of a helmet model.
I'm fascinated by the odd designs that maybe the poor people that went to war had to improvise, sadly, there aren't a lot of finds and accounts of peasant armor.
Ian Lespina has this awesome video sbout the topic:

I suggested it before and i will suggest it again, maybe devs could introduce ugly peasant armor/and or clearly cheaper versions of helmets already in the game.

Knight 513 1046
  • 15 Mar '19
 FaffyШaffy

@Humble Staff said:
Imho, it's fine if not every helmet is perfectly designed for peak performance. It's also historically accurate the fact that not everyone in an army could afford the peak exemplar of a helmet model.
I'm fascinated by the odd designs that maybe the poor people that went to war had to improvise, sadly, there aren't a lot of finds and accounts of peasant armor.
Ian Lespina has this awesome video sbout the topic:

I suggested it before and i will suggest it again, maybe devs could introduce ugly peasant armor.

You misunderstand. I wasn't talking about the quality of the helmet design from a historical standpoint, I was talking about how two of the examples Bodkin posted are mass-manufactured for LARP/costume use and are bad examples because they lack the signs of something made by hand.

Knight 5408 7405
  • 15 Mar '19
 Humble Staff

No, i get your point brother, i'm just saying that those examples could fit with my suggestion.
¿cheaper reproductions for the common masses? Hooray!
A good thing about implementing this is that devs could go a little creative, while mantaining a standard so they don't make stuff like Chivalry's Rat helm lol.

Knight 3313 6811
  • 15 Mar '19
 Bodkin

Slitted Kettle, the wide flat one with the visor, is based off of a modern reproduction, along with having Elizabethan-era cuirass in the game, so I really don't think it is a big deal so long as it is believable. Obviously artistic license is used on all their weapons/armour so they could easily make it look more authentic.

119 164
  • 17 Mar '19
 Toastimus

2e56bcc1f3bf6231b7b601f2475bce0b.jpg
E A S T E R N E U R O P E A N H E L M E T S P L E A S E

567c926435b9cc9f5b39ec8753f74e27.jpg
Wolf pelts in the coifs tab,to work like Hoods,so you can be able to have a helmet under it.

doughty_beards.jpgsuebi_berserkers_twr2.0.png
More beards like this,with the long moustache going down along the chin beard.

Knight 513 1046
  • 17 Mar '19
 FaffyШaffy

brig.jpg
brigarmo.jpg
New brigandine type.

Knight 1388 3163
  • 18 Mar '19
 Tim_Fragmagnet

Some day we'll actually get medium torso armor

Knight 513 1046
  • 19 Mar '19
 FaffyШaffy

witcher armor.jpg
If I could have anything from this picture it would be the jousting shield as decorative shoulder armor.

1430 2175

Or the crest on the very last night and the third night. We need more color and a mini shield on the chest may be perfect. A mini shield on the arm may not be a bad thing but I can imagine it looking wierd during animations and flopping around.

But yes @Devs we want mini shields and color for our T3 torsos.

Knight 237 1157
  • 19 Mar '19
 renaissance

i would prefer having bouche shields be a reskin of the heater shield so i can actually use it in my offhand

cdc6dd869bb3effb48b444929ada7ef8.jpg

Knight 513 1046
  • 20 Mar '19
 FaffyШaffy

@renaissance said:
i would prefer having bouche shields be a reskin of the heater shield so i can actually use it in my offhand

cdc6dd869bb3effb48b444929ada7ef8.jpg

Shield variety and skins are pointless as long as shields remain in the crutchy state they're in.

1430 2175

Reduce parry size and stamina costs!

Knight 513 1046
  • 20 Mar '19
 FaffyШaffy

MAXIMIL.jpg
maxil.jpg
Maximilian helmet, arms, and legs with bearpaw sabatons to complete the set. The helmet could probably use the same armet base model.

Knight 2306 4188
  • 20 Mar '19
 Runagate

Bellows visor helmets wen

gud edit faffy thanks

Knight 513 1046
  • 20 Mar '19
 FaffyШaffy

@Runagate said:
Bellows visor helmets wen

bellows sallet.jpg

Knight 513 1046
  • 21 Mar '19
 FaffyШaffy

edward knight.png
Pointed coventry sallet with real shaping to it. Arm harness with large couters.

1430 2175

Sallet's are pretty much what everyone wears. New armory system makes it slightly more exclusive but everyone will still be going for it when they can. More sallet types would be appreciated down the road

ALSO the current sallet has a rim around the visor and helmet... why can't we tint this rim gold to match the rest of our accented armor?

Knight 237 1157
  • 21 Mar '19
 renaissance

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
Sallet's are pretty much what everyone wears. New armory system makes it slightly more exclusive but everyone will still be going for it when they can. More sallet types would be appreciated down the road

ALSO the current sallet has a rim around the visor and helmet... why can't we tint this rim gold to match the rest of our accented armor?

i would love a sallet with a shorter tail and a brow reinforce, and having a gilded border is a good idea too

DP22355.jpg

Knight 513 1046
  • 22 Mar '19
 FaffyШaffy

There is a lack of fancy medium armor, and the high-tier options such as the chainmail coat are not too enticing. Light armour has the Landsknecht set and Heavy has all the fluted and gilded armor, but there's not much for medium armor besides the viking helmet with the cheek plates.

Italian-style celatas with velvet covering and bronze gilt (It would look much better in its prime)
barbute sallet.jpg
venetial style.jpg
fleur.jpg

Brigandine seen on the St.George statue in Prague.
st.george.jpg

Negroili demi-curiass or "hero armor"
Demi-Breastplate.png
curious.jpg

Linen hosen with plate knee poleyns
tights.JPG

I really like this theme that the progression system sets, you're a mercenary so the more you kill the richer you get. I love it.

Knight 247 1086
  • 2 Apr '19
 Corsario

Things we might be missing

Inkedimperial1531048351_188-29_klaus_strtebeker_the_german_privateer_1360-1400_or_1401_LI.jpgInked10-medieval-english-knights-facts_7_LI.jpgInkedimperial1531047516_188-16_LI.jpg