Mordhau armor suggestions.

Knight 3284 6713
  • 28 Feb
 Bodkin

ArChErY iS rApE

Count 3976 8323

@Bodkin said:
ArChErY iS rApE

archery was made illegal by geneva convention, delet this.

Knight 513 1042

More depictions of tabards/jupons
image (29).png
image (30).png

Knight 513 1042

fascion.jpg
hoopelande sleeves

Knight 513 1042

ailette.jpg
ailete.JPG
Ailettes (shoulders)

3 3
  • 2 Mar
 someknight

not sure this belongs here but im new to the site and can't find a better place to put this.

i read on the FAQ that the devs want the game to be as realistic as possible without affecting the games fun factor.
well heres a small suggestion.

i played war of the roses and actually enjoyed the restricted view some helmets would give. (not everyone enjoyed that)
so if its not to much work maybe you can just put a toggle in the options menu so anyone like me that prefers that can have it?

if there are any other realism affects or something like that you guys may of scraped or wanted but put aside for fun.
maybe you can just add toggles for those as well in the option menus?

Mercenary 1075 1997

@someknight said:
not sure this belongs here but im new to the site and can't find a better place to put this.

i read on the FAQ that the devs want the game to be as realistic as possible without affecting the games fun factor.

i played war of the roses and actually enjoyed the restricted view some helmets would give. (not everyone enjoyed that)
so if its not to much work maybe you can just put a toggle in the options menu so anyone like me that prefers that can have it?

if there are any other realism affects or something like that you guys may of scraped or wanted but put aside for fun.

I actually think having a very slightly (not too much) impaired vision while wearing helmets could be nice to give people a reason not to wear one. For now it seems pretty essential if you don't want to get OHK'd by almost any weapon. Better vision could be a reason not to wear one or choose a light/medium helmet with better view instead. Right now helmets seem like an auto include for any serious loadout.

Knight 513 1042

@TheKingInTheNorth said:

@someknight said:

I actually think having a very slightly (not too much) impaired vision while wearing helmets could be nice to give people a reason not to wear one. For now it seems pretty essential if you don't want to get OHK'd by almost any weapon. Better vision could be a reason not to wear one or choose a light/medium helmet with better view instead. Right now helmets seem like an auto include for any serious loadout.

If you have visor vision, you literally couldn't read some of the attacks people throw at you in this game. The main downside to having helmets is that they slow you down just as much as torso armor of the same level.

1058 1696

Lets clear the air about this. I heard from the very beginning T3 helmets slow you down more than T3 torso. On another thread someone pointed out that helmets actually slow you down less than torso...

Which one is it?

Knight 513 1042

klapp.JPG
New visor for klapp

3 3

@FaffyШaffy said:
If you have visor vision, you literally couldn't read some of the attacks people throw at you in this game. The main downside to having helmets is that they slow you down just as much as torso armor of the same level.

i remember a lot of people on war of the roses saying the same thing about reading people and there attacks when using the frog helm. though i don't share that experience as i can't remember ever having issues with it. all i had to do was look slightly more downward then i would when my view was normal to fix the issue for my self.

believe it or not i was a heavy armored knight with a long sword an metal round shield and what many called the Xbow. and i manly used the Xbow from extreme range with decent results. the main reason im pointing that out is to show.

1 i was not a normal player. XD
2 i played for a long time as coin in that game WAS SLOW to earn and everything i had was expensive. (i even got a horse and lance)
3 im fully aware that my preference on how to play is probably shared by vary few people

also no one forget i said wanted this as a option. i don't want this forced on people that rather not have it. im just pointing out something i would enjoy and how it could be added without forcing others to experience it and thous maybe have there enjoyment of the game lessened.
(sorry for all that but you seemed defensive so i thought it better to say something then nothing and clarify my self a little)

Knight 1815 2219
  • 2 Mar
 Void

It's not needed for balance since T3 helm makes you slower and costs more points. So add it as an option just for immersion?
I don't know if it's worth it.

There is also this workaround:

Knight 513 1042

@Void said:
https://youtu.be/MCIR3Fqa398

Shit, I can't beleive I didn't fight him

3 3
  • 2 Mar
 someknight

@Void said:
It's not needed for balance since T3 helm makes you slower and costs more points. So add it as an option just for immersion?

well immersion or balance it still isn't something everyone will want or something everyone will appose.
also im not sure what you mean when you say worth it but if i understand your meaning then i can say only the devs would know if the work is to much or not since there the only ones that know the code and development tools well enough to know.

as for that "workaround" im not sure i want to go out and buy a heavy medieval helmet that obscures my vision outside of the game.
i also don't wanna go hunting for a new helm to buy every time i use a different helmet in game. over time that could cost a lot and take up a lot of space in my house. then there is the issue with putting extra weight on ones neck every time i play since i always wear heavy armor in just about every game i can.

i do like immersion but i don't really want to go far enough to give me a sore neck or anything every time i play.

Knight 513 1042

Why don't you just create your own thread?

Mercenary 1075 1997

@FaffyШaffy said:

@TheKingInTheNorth said:

@someknight said:

Yeah that's why I said 'very slightly' and 'not too much' obstruction. Visor vision, I imagine sort of like Kingdom Come, would mean nobody sane would use a tier 3 helmet.

@Void said:

There is also this workaround:

I mean it's not exactly for balance, more for variety's sake. The cost and slowdown aren't deterring anybody from using T3 helmets it looks like. It would just be another incentive to choose a lighter loadout/helmet. Right now the point of light loadouts is completely lost on me unless you just want to meme or go for aesthetics.

Mind you I don't want to make it like a pain in the ass HUGE visual obstruction, just a slight vignette effect that acts both as an immersive element and the tiniest little extra incentive to not wear T3 helmets.

Knight 513 1042

9d6438552b187d4ffde44d6320762f28--medieval-armor-th-century.jpg

bbf7eb81ae409c21b29795e2f53172ed (1).jpg
60c9a33fa587388d128878f144120d89.jpg

Churburg 9 piece breastplate

Knight 5096 6835

Looks like a metal sports bra

Knight 513 1042

Early coat of plates and German great helm.

7f90d4cb3a63dc8006e7c7d649e74721.jpeg
MA-13th-Century-Teutonics-1.jpg

Knight 513 1042

Humble Staff said:
Looks like a metal sports bra

It looks cooler on a person rather than on a mannequin. Also I will leave this thread alone for a while now.