Mordhau

<EMPTY>

Knight 105 274
Knight 105 274
  • 6 Sep '17
 Ser Arthur Dayne

1v1 global, 1v1 NA, FFA and pleb already got me in 3v3

Duke 507 1198

Sign us up for Global, NA 1v1, 3v3 and Clusterfuck. My team is PowerSenpai and Sir Thomason.

Baron 1607 5106
  • 6 Sep '17
 Lincs

@Havoc said:
The time to enter is now closed.

3234 4261
  • 6 Sep '17
 Havoc

@Lincs said:

@Havoc said:
The time to enter is now closed.

It's cool.

Knight 5264 7083
  • 7 Sep '17
 Humble Staff

just in case, i will try to atend 1 v 1 global, clusterfuck FFA and i will also be in 3 v 3 with Lux and Runagate.

P.S: Something tells me all of the categories will end up in FFA clusterfuck

Knight 4 3
  • 7 Sep '17
 Seanatello

Adding Valk as a stand in for my roster.

Baron 48 87
  • 7 Sep '17
 Nagrandt

I guess I'm late :)
If possible I would like to attend the FFA Clusterfuck. If not, well, see you in the alpa.

3234 4261
  • 8 Sep '17
 Havoc

@Humble Staff said:
just in case, i will try to atend 1 v 1 global, clusterfuck FFA and i will also be in 3 v 3 with Lux and Runagate.

P.S: Something tells me all of the categories will end up in FFA clusterfuck

Anyone trolling will get a warning or two, and if they continue they'll be disqualified from the tournament, then temporarily banned from the server whilst the tourney is being held.

3234 4261
  • 8 Sep '17
 Havoc

I'm thinking of making the brackets three times during the two days on the weekend (UTC), early morning, midday, and midnight. I think this is a decent compromise so everyone will have a chance or even multiple chances to participate.

If anyone has any suggestions to organize the participants based on the times when they're able to participate, I'm all ears.

Either comment here, DM me, or tag me on the GENERAL chat on the castle discord: https://discord.gg/c9W2DX6

Knight 174 263
  • 9 Sep '17
 Echonian

Until we know how many duels can be held at once and easily managed, and how many people could show up for any given time, it will be difficult to say for sure what the best method is for organizing things.

Realistically, doing a tournament shouldn't take more than 3-4 hours for any given bracket, assuming that you have enough people watching the battles and enough running in parallel to avoid time issues. Since a duel in particular shouldn't take very more than a few minutes.

So you could simply run multiple "tournaments," depending on who shows up at a given time. However, this would be unfair to those who showed up at "more populated" tournaments, as they would have to fight through more to proceed.

You could, alternatively, simply have two separate times that people have to show up. Do qualifier matches on Saturday, and use that to lower the number of final contestants (the list has grown greatly) to something more like 16 or 32 players per "duel" bracket, and some even number of teams for any group modes. Then, with the numbers even, have the full tournament on Sunday. Set a specific time for the regional brackets that ensures that those in said areas will be reasonably likely to attend, based on their times of day, and set the global bracket for mid-day UTC or about there.

I'm not sure exactly what your plans were for running this, but running multiple different tournaments is the trickiest part. For this to be a tournament, you need to have everyone online at the same time and have back to back battles, or else it will take multiple weeks to organize and set up multiple rounds of a tournament.

Also, with how many people are signed up for some of the brackets, it will definitely be more manageable if you have some method of doing a "pre-selection" to get the numbers down. This also would ensure that those signed up for the "real tournament" actually have shown up and are likely to be there when you have the final tournament itself.

While my suggestion - doing qualifier matches and then individual tournaments based on region for the next day - may not let people have many chances to show up to the tournament proper, it would give them a chance to show up multiple times for the qualifier. It also would still allow the entire thing to be completed over one weekend.

You could also individually message and contact every single tournament participant and coordinate their individual schedules so that you can work out a solution, but that seems like a recipe for disaster.

Alternatively-alternatively, you could have qualifiers on one weekend, and the actual tournament on the next weekend. You could split the rounds even further, so that those who cannot make certain times would have more flexibility. The unfortunate downside to this is that the more "accommodating" you want to be with allowing more times for a tournament, the more individual rounds you have to run in order to come up with a final victor, and the longer the tournament will take overall.

If my suggestions make any sense, and if you would like any further feedback from me, please don't hesitate to shoot me a message. I can also hop on Discord at one point or another, if that makes things easier. If you had things figured out beyond what I've suggested, then I apologize if this came across as "speaking the obvious," but tournaments are annoying to set up.

67 158
  • 10 Sep '17
 Flippy

Best of three for the duels is really not enough. That could literally take less than a minute to finish; not a good indicator of who's the better player. Why not make it first-to-ten?

Knight 146 159
  • 10 Sep '17
 Zetboi

@Flippy said:
Best of three for the duels is really not enough. That could literally take less than a minute to finish; not a good indicator of who's the better player. Why not make it first-to-ten?

FT10's would take up too much time, considering the size of this international tourney. BOO3's sounds like a lot better fit so this tourney won't take weeks to complete.

EDIT: Just as an example, back in Chivalry, a comp player by the name of Monk made a EU-side 1v1 FT10 tourney that took months to complete because of the amount of sign-ups which resulted in no stream casting or prizes from TB.

67 158
  • 10 Sep '17
 Flippy

@ZETBOI said:

@Flippy said:

FT10's would take up too much time, considering the size of this international tourney. BOO3's sounds like a lot better fit so this tourney won't take weeks to complete.

EDIT: Just as an example, back in Chivalry, a comp player by the name of Monk made a EU-side 1v1 FT10 tourney that took months to complete because of the amount of sign-ups which resulted in no stream casting or prizes from TB.

You would have multiple duels going on at the same time on different servers. Also, because of the NDA, the players won't have to wait for streamers. Each of these individual tournaments could be completed in a day.

Knight 263 646
  • 11 Sep '17
 Yirtox

What about FT5 ?

3234 4261
  • 12 Sep '17
 Havoc

How do you guys feel about the 15th~17th?

Knight 122 237
  • 12 Sep '17
 Papalopi

@Havoc said:

Fine by me.

2406 4883
  • 12 Sep '17
 Maci

Yup

Baron 50 64
  • 12 Sep '17
 A.L.I.E.N

@Havoc said:

Yes please!

Duchess 6892 9862
  • 12 Sep '17
 Sir Zombie

@Yirtox said:
What about FT5 ?

I'd prefer best out of 9