Mordhau

Didnt even know about the kickstarter....

12 3
  • 24 Aug '17
 Mihgee

Like the title says, hearing about this games months after the kickstarter came and went, on top of the fact that the devs aren't doing any type of raffle for alpha keys or ways for people to currently support and help test their game is quit baffling. Leaving it up to strangers to sell their extra keys, which in all honesty will most likely be abused by scammers without any legitimate way to tell if someone has said key or not and build a pretty shitty reputation for this game and community quite quickly.

In all honesty im just pissed I cant try this game in august and don't want to attempt to by from a random source without any legitimacy. If you want to grow a player base and hype for this game, its going in a horrible direction to start and I would love to help bug test this game like I have since my first game testing experience in age of empires 2 and most recent was guildwars 2 and wildstar as I've been focusing on studies as of late. So please if any devs read this or anyone else who can relay to them, please for the love of god change!

Duke 553 939
  • 24 Aug '17
 Goatie

You snooze you lose you fuck.

Knight 7768 14322
  • 24 Aug '17
 ToLazy4Name

get fucked

12 3
  • 24 Aug '17
 Mihgee

get fucked cause they didnt advertise their game or kickstarter? ohh god is this community already as bad as chivalry?

Duke 310 589
  • 24 Aug '17
 Plebican

posting specifically this on this forum was not a good decision for your emotional stability.

Duke 2266 4010
  • 24 Aug '17
 Huggles

Very welcoming community. The post was worded sort of antagonistically tho, so you do deserve some of the blame for their response yo.

Anyways, the original plan was to leave alpha, beta, etc open for purchase until release. However, steam said that inorder to do that it would have to be on steam early access and the devs didn't want their game to go down that route, so steam told them they couldn't sell that way anymore. If you're lucky, maybe the devs will do early access around beta. But ya, the devs don't want that much exposure right now until things are much more polished and their final vision is close to completion. They're going to start hyping for release late beta. Not alpha.

12 3
  • 24 Aug '17
 Mihgee

Except i'm not a twelve year old girl so i wont cry over what someone types on the internet lol

Duke 553 939
  • 24 Aug '17
 Goatie

You call us bad yet you're the entitled little bitch who didn't know about a Kickstarter and now thinks it's his right to get in on it after the fact and blaming the Devs. For what? Because they didn't use money they didn't have to advertise all over the web to reach people like you? Get fucked.

29 50
  • 24 Aug '17
 coo_snake

It was possible to buy the access until recently when Steam suddenly told the Mordhau team it was not okay.

From what I understand the only way they could allow people to buy the alpha and beta access again is to release the game in early access on Steam and they absolutely want to avoid that stigma.

Duke 96 300
  • 24 Aug '17
 DasShuugs

@Mihgee said:
get fucked cause they didnt advertise their game or kickstarter? ohh god is this community already as bad as chivalry?

ks.PNG

Pretty good for not advertising tbh.

12 3
  • 24 Aug '17
 Mihgee

I was simply trying to point out some major flaws in them allowing the sale of keys and what it could do to a game so early in development and the fact that it was an unknown kickstarter and getting flamed already.....

ty for elaborating Huggles, that definitely explains a bit of it.

lol is 4400 people alot?

Duke 553 939
  • 24 Aug '17
 Goatie

4400 is more than enough for a controlled closed alpha.

319 417
  • 24 Aug '17
 ChuckJones

@Mihgee said:
Like the title says, hearing about this games months after the kickstarter came and went, on top of the fact that the devs aren't doing any type of raffle for alpha keys or ways for people to currently support and help test their game is quit baffling. Leaving it up to strangers to sell their extra keys, which in all honesty will most likely be abused by scammers without any legitimate way to tell if someone has said key or not and build a pretty shitty reputation for this game and community quite quickly.

In all honesty im just pissed I cant try this game in august and don't want to attempt to by from a random source without any legitimacy. If you want to grow a player base and hype for this game, its going in a horrible direction to start and I would love to help bug test this game like I have since my first game testing experience in age of empires 2 and most recent was guildwars 2 and wildstar as I've been focusing on studies as of late. So please if any devs read this or anyone else who can relay to them, please for the love of god change!

It had decent amount of coverage you asshat. Don't blame the mistake you not buying the game, on the developers. It's constant coverage was from youtube, and if you are interested in these kinds of games, then you should've heard about the following sub channels that talk about these games.

just to name a few.

• Teripper
  • Skallagrim
  • those top 10 videos from random folks about specific genres including medieval

more or less, this is your own damn fault for not knowing of what other new games are coming. You can devote to whatever how you want. If you miss something, it is your responsibility to take it in, and learn from it and not blame others for what you miss.

Duke 2266 4010
  • 24 Aug '17
 Huggles

@Mihgee said:
lol is 4400 people alot?

Not a lot of people, but money? Ya. Shows how passionate and excited people really are for this game. Problem is many of us aren't exactly a welcoming bunch, but they don't mean much harm by it. Maybe your complaint about keys is valid, idk, don't really have experience from that side of things.

Thing about a toxic community tho is that the more non-toxic people that join it, the less toxic it becomes. You could very well be part of that :p We're an autistic bunch on the mordhau forums, it might be slow to change, but as the game get's more exposure and becomes more mainstream it will definitely soften up. A few friendly helpful peeps can make a pretty big difference ya know.

12 3
  • 24 Aug '17
 Mihgee

Yeah the money is quite extraordinary for that amount of backers and it does show that a small group of chivalry players really want a new game to rise and shine, but coming from someone whos worked in the gaming industry for 15+ years their current model has many flaws and trying to shed some light on them has already gotten some funny backlash from you guys.

I guess i'll just let them do their own thing or just fizzle out and use up all their resources like casting a spell in UO.

8 7
  • 24 Aug '17
 Zero

They had a web shop for alpha and beta keys but had to remove it because of legal issues. And as previously stated they advertised the game as best as they could. No need to be an asshole to everyone just because you didn't find out about the kickstarter/web shop...

12 3
  • 24 Aug '17
 Mihgee

Being an ass hole for their being no info on why they were allowing the current setup/sale of keys from illegitimate sources and raising a few points? If I couldnt help bug test I simply wanted them to become aware of many problems in their current plan on a few things, but thats fine.... their current q/a answers aren't even remotely helpful either for figuring out alot of things.

Also if you want your community to grow, maybe half of you should attempt to be less autistic and assholes yourself? Cause you could have plenty of lurkers be turned away simply by alot of these comments.

319 417
  • 24 Aug '17
 ChuckJones

you're right, we should be more autistic here, and grow the community in a different way, cus people like you would probably be good as easy targets for us to kill swiftly.

12 3
  • 24 Aug '17
 Mihgee

So you want to grow a tiny community that wont be able to sustain its own server costs?

Duke 154 208
  • 24 Aug '17
 .Wolf-

@Mihgee said:

Hang on... if you played Chivalry and didn't hear once about this game.... What were you doing?

/mordhau when