Mordhau

Australian DDOS

56 179
  • 12 Aug '17
 GandaPestile

For the past year or so a small group of players have ruined the chivalry experience of everyone in AU/NZ by hosting rank boosting servers impersonating official servers, and using a variety of DDOS like attacks to make each server unplayable as it becomes populated. I'm not clued into the details, but TB were as careless/incompetent as their reputation suggested. For whatever reasons this/these people are ruining the game, it seems very possible they will continue or attempt to continue as the community transitions to Mordhau. I thought I'd make this topic both for dev awareness as well as to perhaps see how a competent development team would deal with this issue hypothetically.

Duke 5545 13268
  • 12 Aug '17
 Jax — Community Manager

I'd assume they're not using shit Mutliplay servers like CMW did, and whatever service they're hosting the game on will have some sort of DDOS protection. That being said, you can't 100% prevent DDOS's from my limited understanding of the subject.

I remember trying to play on an Aussie server using a 4g hotspot when I was up in Darwin.
Not sure if the connection or Darwin was worse tbh :^)

Knight 106 188
  • 12 Aug '17
 Crim

I don't understand, you are saying they have hosted their own server only to ddos it? That sounds unlikely to me.

Nothing players can do if joining non-official servers and experience is bad tbh, I could run one from my laptop if I wanted...

Hopefully mordhau has a way of filtering official servers only or highlighting them in a specific font/colour.

Duke 41 95
  • 12 Aug '17
 Teabag

@Crim said:
I don't understand, you are saying they have hosted their own server only to ddos it? That sounds unlikely to me.

They would make servers posing as official ones, same name, player limit .etc, but with some sort of modification that allowed them to change players ranks.
Initially it started with servers like this just labelled "Free Rankup Servers".
20160410204540_1.jpg
As of now someone actively DDOSes servers in AU, though we dont know if it's the same person.

46 64
  • 12 Aug '17
 Rift

The breakdown is, some crazy dude called Redemption wanted people ingame to 'bend the knee' to him or he would DDoS AU/NZ. They didn't "bend the knee" so he started to DDoS chivalry for like 6 months, then stopped for a month, then came back. If it continues in Mordhau, which is likely it will, Mordhau will become a waste of money for AU/NZ.

devs pls notice this forum post..

Duke 18 40
  • 12 Aug '17
 Bread

It's complete shit, i joined one of the fake servers not knowing it was fake, was impossible to tell, ever since my rank was -21 and i couldn't change any 3rd slot items on any classes.

Duke 553 939
  • 12 Aug '17
 Goatie

Yeah months and months ago I was on the grind to rank 60, joined a full server disguised as an official and had my rank changed to -21 by Redemption as I'd spoken out against him before. He would ddoss all servers but his so if you wanted to play, you were in his domain. I held out for a while hoping TB would come up with a solution but of course there was none. That is when I finally lost complete interest in the game and uninstalled. I couldn't care less about chiv now but the fact he could exploit in game console and bring down community servers 24/7 has me worried just a little about Mordhau in AU/NZ.

Duchess 798 3530
  • 12 Aug '17
 Stouty

Step 1: Don't be Australian

Knight 40 102
  • 12 Aug '17
 Moomooandu

I can vouch for this, this has been a real issue with the Chivarly AU community.

Torn Banner did not address the issue at all and the number of players went down drastically because the servers would be DDoSed almost 24/7.

Now the game is down to a handful of players who are mostly waiting on Mordhau to revive the genre.

Please if any developer reads this, we need some way of combating the DDoS attacks as I am fairly confident they will continue when Mordhau is released as whoever is doing it is relentless.

The DDoS attacks used to happen EVERY DAY for over 6 months. They still happen now but just not as often.

Duke 5545 13268
  • 12 Aug '17
 Jax — Community Manager

Meanwhile, all the Aussie women are busy being gorgeous and lawyers

at least that's what it was like when I went to Brisbane, hell of a place

go fucking hit him with a Cooper's bottle or something idk
schweppes or some shit

Duke 553 939
  • 12 Aug '17
 Goatie

Most Aussie women are huge bogans tbh.

Duke 5545 13268
  • 12 Aug '17
 Jax — Community Manager

ye?

I'd say the majority of the ones I met were angels but I also didn't spend much time out aside from melbourne brisbane and adelaide

gold coast tho hnnnng

Knight 1836 2231
  • 12 Aug '17
 Void

@Goatie said:
Most Aussie women are huge bogans tbh.

I wasn't familiar with the term "bogan". Had to google it.
I think every country has it's equivalent term.

Duke 553 939
  • 12 Aug '17
 Goatie

Queensland is where all the sydney people move when they save a lot of money, to live a quiet life away from the shit stain that is Sydney.

Duke 5545 13268
  • 12 Aug '17
 Jax — Community Manager

it's just aussie shit ya jack cunt

Duke 5545 13268
  • 12 Aug '17
 Jax — Community Manager

@Goatie said:
Queensland is where all the sydney people move when they save a lot of money, to live a quiet life away from the shit stain that is Sydney.

I heard Sydney was overrated, had the choice between Melbourne and there pretty much for a week of leave. Took Melbourne, I figured that Sydney was the Aussie equivalent to NYC - big, full of people, but ultimately shitty

Duke 553 939
  • 12 Aug '17
 Goatie

You pretty much nailed it with that comparison Jax.

Mercenary 2 4
  • 12 Aug '17
 Conzor

Seriously though, we need to know that the Mordhau devs will actively attempt to combat the DDOS attacks.

Knight 1836 2231
  • 12 Aug '17
 Void

@Conzor said:
Seriously though, we need to know that the Mordhau devs will actively attempt to combat the DDOS attacks.

I'm sure they will.
One more big fail for Troll Banner, but Triternion are nothing alike those cucks.

Knight 2304 4170
  • 12 Aug '17
 Runagate

@Conzor said:

Unlike Born Tanner, Triternion cares about the health of their product and community.