Knight 93 270
  • 1 Aug '17
 Nikosawa

Soon

Duke 2266 4010
  • 1 Aug '17
 Huggles

@DerFurst said:
The developers were clearly to make a lamellar armor that could both pass for Mongolian or Eastern European. The determining factor is player intention and other armor combinations, rather than the armor itself. This is a really good way of designing things I think

I don't know what they were trying to do but it clearly doesn't pass for both. The one they showed was mongolian.

I mean jeez, Derfurst, out of all people I thought you would be able to tell the difference between different cultures and ethnicities lol.

36 57
  • 1 Aug '17
 Dooby

New medieval vehicles I hear?
QYcaDFv.jpg

Duke 2266 4010
  • 1 Aug '17
 Huggles

@Dooby said:
QYcaDFv.jpg

LOL!

That has to be a mod.

36 57
  • 1 Aug '17
 Dooby

@Huggles said:

@Dooby said:
QYcaDFv.jpg

LOL!

That has to be a mod.
Its actually part of the game.

Baron 495 1381

Medieval vehicles

365364cf046d81fd66e4102c9c33d5ac.jpg
download (1).jpg
download.jpg
enhanced-3867-1455887989-1.png

Eggplant/ZedHead/BigBeans best add the Snails to Mordhau

Knight 10 11
  • 1 Aug '17
 PrinceCharming

Hyyyyyype!

Conscript 108 462

@Dooby said:
QYcaDFv.jpg

WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU FIND THIS PICTURE LMFAO 6f0.jpg

Baron 495 1381

Here is more of the same picture.tumblr_m7k5173O461rqxd5ko1_500.jpg

108 106
  • 2 Aug '17
 Level

It's august 1. Where is my alpha

36 57
  • 2 Aug '17
 Dooby

@Some fucking peasant said:

@Dooby said:
QYcaDFv.jpg

WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU FIND THIS PICTURE LMFAO 6f0.jpg

It was a leaked picture of Mordhau.

848 694
  • 2 Aug '17
 EliteTeamKiller

@marox said:
August is fast approaching and with it, the alpha testing for Mordhau is getting ever closer. In this month's update, we'll show off some recent additions to the gear, as well as an idea of what to expect from the alpha, and when to expect it.

Check out the album of this update's in-game shots here!

An alternate skin set for the greatsword that is themed on the Scottish claymore has been added. More armor pieces, including gloves, pauldrons, and a set of lamellar armor has made its way into the game. With each added piece, the combinations possible become more and more varied. We have over 150 different pieces of wearable gear in the game already!

The alpha will begin with a focus purely on smaller scale melee combat, with modes such as Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Last Team Standing, and will also include expansive character customization. As the alpha goes on over the following months, we will start including more content such as ranged combat, vehicles (including horses) and bigger modes. We decided this was the way to go for several reasons, one being that it focuses players on testing what we feel we can use feedback on. The second being that it allows us to polish up remaining content before it is added for testing.

So, when? We're aiming for end of August, if all goes according to plan. Sometimes delays are inevitable because things can break spectacularly at the last minute, but hopefully that won't be the case. We'll keep you updated should the situation change.

8.jpg

320948203985fatcat

Count 4205 9821
  • 2 Aug '17
 DerFurst

@Huggles said:

@DerFurst said:
The developers were clearly to make a lamellar armor that could both pass for Mongolian or Eastern European. The determining factor is player intention and other armor combinations, rather than the armor itself. This is a really good way of designing things I think

I don't know what they were trying to do but it clearly doesn't pass for both. The one they showed was mongolian.

I mean jeez, Derfurst, out of all people I thought you would be able to tell the difference between different cultures and ethnicities lol.

You're going to question my ability to understand culture based on my limited knowledge of the differences between armor worn by Mongolians and Eastern Europeans, who lived next to each other, fought with each other, and culturally and genetically intermixed with each other, hundreds of years ago? You're picking fights over petty reasons. Mongolian and Eastern European armor have very similar aesthetics...

848 694
  • 2 Aug '17
 EliteTeamKiller

@DerFurst said:

@Huggles said:

@DerFurst said:

You're going to question my ability to understand culture based on my limited knowledge of the differences between armor worn by Mongolians and Eastern Europeans, who lived next to each other, fought with each other, and culturally and genetically intermixed with each other, hundreds of years ago? You're picking fights over petty reasons. Mongolian and Eastern European armor have very similar aesthetics...

320948203985fatcat

Duke 2266 4010
  • 2 Aug '17
 Huggles

@DerFurst said:

@Huggles said:

@DerFurst said:

triggereddd

Russians =/= mongolians

This

5bb1f0739ee1f767edc1e3816ee3faa1--lamellar-armor-a-small

Portrait-Mongols-01

=/=

This

cde311b35054b8173cd9c410c1c369ef

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDt_cyc6MpNda9RHxjqkaQA4TAzp7MsxCiodOvqeefhlGj5bzO1A

Knight 2 3
  • 2 Aug '17
 CaptainRetard

that pic of harold looks stoned as fuck

Knight 399 873
  • 2 Aug '17
 Alphonse

20060522230205_fat_man_snail_web copy.jpg

historically_frogmouth_helms_were_used_only_in_jousts.jpg

Knight 1836 2232
  • 2 Aug '17
 Void

@Sir Zombie said:

@Void said:
Heresy tbh

Are you implying that For Honor is stronger?
I think you are the dirty degenerate heretic here Void

No! I meant the "I am you" part.

12-06-55-d8444a55047e4cfc82c7dd613e1b9732.jpg

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 2 Aug '17
 Sir Zombie

@Void said:

@Sir Zombie said:

@Void said:
Heresy tbh

Are you implying that For Honor is stronger?
I think you are the dirty degenerate heretic here Void

No! I meant the "I am you" part.

12-06-55-d8444a55047e4cfc82c7dd613e1b9732.jpg

Yeah you better

Count 4205 9821
  • 2 Aug '17
 DerFurst

@Huggles said:

@DerFurst said:

@Huggles said:

@DerFurst said:

triggereddd

Russians =/= mongolians

This

5bb1f0739ee1f767edc1e3816ee3faa1--lamellar-armor-a-small

Portrait-Mongols-01

=/=

This

cde311b35054b8173cd9c410c1c369ef

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDt_cyc6MpNda9RHxjqkaQA4TAzp7MsxCiodOvqeefhlGj5bzO1A

nibba

When the Mongol Horde went into Eastern Europe, they mixed with Turkic and Eastern European populations, creating what's known as the "Tatar" people. Their language is a mixture of Mongolian and Turkish with many borrowed words from Russian and Arabic. The aesthetic of the armor made by the Tatars was naturally a blend of Mongolian, Turkish, and Eastern European.

This dude illustrates that point perfectly:

voin

If you say "that armor looks Mongolian," you're most probably thinking of the Golden Horde Tatars, whom you could say were part of the Mongolian Empire, but whom were not strictly Mongols themselves.