Knight 3153 7400
  • 1 Aug '17
 Punzybobo

I'm a known racist

1490503497077.jpg

Knight 519 999
  • 1 Aug '17
 wierHL

Looks like it's gonna land during my exams.
Oh well, guess my input will be minimal.

Knight 1836 2232
  • 1 Aug '17
 Void

@Jax said:
Look, I'm right there with you guys - I'm completely fucking over Chivalry and I want something to play super badly; I haven't played a single game for more than a handful of hours since about January, but the devs aren't the type of people to half-ass anything. They're going to release the alpha when it's ready, and they're going to work their asses off to get it shipped by the end of August. If they can't make that deadline, it's not because they don't have a good game to play, but because they're perfectionists, and they want to blow all of us away with the content.

The devs are betting their futures and careers on this game; I know for a fact that Elwebbaro and Crushed quit their jobs, and I'd assume Marox did too, among others - if this game doesn't succeed like we all want it to, they won't be able to develop the game full time. I'm confident it will do well, but I can absolutely understand that they want to get every little detail right before they let people play, and so if there's a delay, it's not out of laziness or incompetence, but out of a passion and dedication to making Mordhau the best game it could possibly be.

The alpha is closed, sure, but Kickstarter backers and the ones who backed through the web shop aren't the only ones who'll be able to play, and more importantly, won't be the only people who see or hear about Mordhau. Big streamers, youtubers, and the press are going to hop into a server, and these first impressions are critical; a handful of influential people will convince thousands of potential players on whether to buy the game or not, whether Mordhau and Triternion are just 'another bunch of indie devs with an alpha game', or that Mordhau could be the best title of 2017/2018. It's super important they make the right first impression.

/rant

I couldn't have said it better. Jax nailed it once again tbh

Baron 1226 1617
  • 1 Aug '17
 Carlo_Mano

This will be a long month...

Count 57 64
  • 1 Aug '17
 Knight of Rosen

I'm gonna be constantly checking my e-mail throughout the month!

Mercenary 21 26
  • 1 Aug '17
 Yosefamsili

thx men <3

Conscript 108 462
Knight 1836 2232
  • 1 Aug '17
 Void

Heresy tbh

Knight 19 12
  • 1 Aug '17
 LK

I'm actually glad it's potentially releasing at the end of August. It gives me time to hopefully burn out on PoE 3.0 and SC Remastered

Baron 201 453
  • 1 Aug '17
 Ceegal

So if it does get released at the end of August, I'll be on vacation from August 31st-5th. My birthday is in the 6th so I most likely won't be able to play Mordhau then. School starts the day after my birthday. I want to die.

2428 4937
  • 1 Aug '17
 Maci

I'll take a couple of weeks vacation starting at the end of August.
I'm ready. :^ )

Duke 5558 13284
  • 1 Aug '17
 Jax — Community Manager

everyone's upset because school starts up and I'm over here with work like sheeeit I don't get a summer break

Count 4205 9821
  • 1 Aug '17
 DerFurst

jl0Q9og

I like this guy's emblem, but it would look better colored black with a silver background

Duke 2266 4010
  • 1 Aug '17
 Huggles

RWp2g8qr

That lamellar looks badass af. Though I'm confused about why we would see asians before arabs.

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 1 Aug '17
 Sir Zombie

@Void said:
Heresy tbh

Are you implying that For Honor is stronger?
I think you are the dirty degenerate heretic here Void

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 1 Aug '17
 Sir Zombie

@Huggles said:

RWp2g8qr

That lamellar looks badass af. Though I'm confused about why we would see asians before arabs.

Please elaborate.

Arabian armor:
15ee1fc73948ab1d0ff5134f490c7eb1.jpg

Japanese armor:
arimaclansamuraiarmorsamuraiswordssamuraiarmor.jpg

Duke 2266 4010
  • 1 Aug '17
 Huggles

Asian is more than just Japs yo. The Lamellar armor they show in the pic is asian, and the guy is asian too.

More specifically it looks like the type of lamellar mongols would use, and it looks like armor inspired by mount and blade khergits (based on mongols)