Mordhau

Star wars Mod ?

4 0
  • 17 Jul '16
 SergenTLaZooZ

This topic is for all modders that can mod on UE4. Please think about making a star wars mod, it would fit so much with the good parry system of mordhau and the intensity of combat will make you feel like a real Jedi :)

Sellsword 615 1381
  • 17 Jul '16
 BobSapp

I'm sure you've seen this GIF already, posted by one of the devs on may 4th. Anyway mod support is planned as soon as realistically possible after release and I'm sure lightsabers aren't long behind it.

Baroness 6089 7046
  • 17 Jul '16
 Sammy

In a game like this, there's no need to request a Star Wars mod. It will happen.

Count 1452 3388
  • 17 Jul '16
 Smokingbobs

@Sammy said:
In a game like this, there's no need to request a Star Wars mod. It will happen.

In Mordau we would finally be able to reflect blaster bolts while wildly flailing our lightsabres c:

Baroness 6089 7046
  • 17 Jul '16
 Sammy

I hope the sabers have an after effect, and you can throw them and it'd be glorious.

I imagine they'd all be throwable, anyway. I doubt a Mordhau grip with a lightsaber is a good idea!

Count 1452 3388
  • 17 Jul '16
 Smokingbobs

@Sammy said:
I hope the sabers have an after effect, and you can throw them and it'd be glorious.

I imagine they'd all be throwable, anyway. I doubt a Mordhau grip with a lightsaber is a good idea!

Would make for some extreme meme action.

Sellsword 615 1381
  • 17 Jul '16
 BobSapp

maybe you can turn it off and thwack people with it as a dagger-length blunt weapon

1757 1412
  • 17 Jul '16
 Rergato

If have a feeling one of the developers are working on some sort of official star wars mod, if not now then in the future. They did show that gif.

Knight 7766 14286
  • 17 Jul '16
 ToLazy4Name

I don't think the developers CAN have an official star wars mod. Random people doing it is fine because it's not for-profit, but technically the devs doing it could be classified as such and would be a breach of copyright (which i'm almost certain lightsabers have).

1757 1412
  • 17 Jul '16
 Rergato

@ToLazy4Name said:
I don't think the developers CAN have an official star wars mod. Random people doing it is fine because it's not for-profit, but technically the devs doing it could be classified as such and would be a breach of copyright (which i'm almost certain lightsabers have).

You make a good point but we'll see.

4 0
  • 17 Jul '16
 SergenTLaZooZ

FUCK YOU MEN YOU JUST HYPED ME AS FUCK WITH UR GIF :'(

Knight 4114 4389
  • 17 Jul '16
 pizza boy

Crush already made a star wars mod but if I remember correctly he can't add it to the official game so he's going to upload it to the steam workshop, whenever that comes around.

Knight 3303 6769
  • 19 Jul '16
 Bodkin

He is making a Jedi Academy mod, to be specific

Baron 578 966
  • 19 Jul '16
 lash

@TheEmeraldArcher said:

Best game ever. Those were the times, duel me without ja+ nub

Knight 936 950
  • 19 Jul '16
 afiNity

@TheEmeraldArcher said:

Woot? He really does? I played Jedi Academy competitively for over 8 years so I'm super hyped and super sceptical

King 1 2
  • 9 Feb '17
 InfectedShroomz

I've been very excited for this ever since I've heard about it. There's been a star wars mod for Chivalry Medieval Warfare for the past 3 years but there wasn't much to it, an update to the game broke the projectile reflections and went without an update for about 2 years. However there's been a recent revival and over the past 6 months there's been a ton of changes to it; trails behind the sabers, clashing, new weapons, blasters, thermal detonator, new maps. I run a server for it called Jedi Fight Night and the mod and map devs use our discord channel if you'd like to stay up to date with current changes. A lot of our community will most likely be playing here in the future as well, we're all very excited for Mordhau and it's mods!

If you'd like to check Jedi Fight Night out just look for the server named Jedi Fight Night on Chivalry and the mod will download automatically when you join. We have a steam group page and discord channel too:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/jedifightnight
https://discord.gg/0xjulsNce79vlC2T

Knight 5187 6954
  • 10 Feb '17
 Humble Staff

I remember Marox clearly stating that light sabers are very well protected copyright-wise, from how they look to how they sound so they wouldn't be able to launch an official mod (unless they pay for the said copyright of course). As some over here said, it will happen no matter what as with wieldable limbs and lopped of body parts as weapons.

24 20

It's time to bump this thread. I'm looking for potential developers willing to join a team.

Knight 4114 4389
  • 12 May
 pizza boy

RELEASE IT DEVELOPERS

Knight 7766 14286
  • 12 May
 ToLazy4Name

@CaptainGaymer said:
RELEASE IT DEVELOPERS

GUBGY