Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

June update

Recruit 87 134
57 12
  • 8 Jul '17
 Ianshaggy

WOW! To sad I wont be able to play till NEXT YEAR.

Duchess 6896 9886
  • 8 Jul '17
 Sir Zombie

I'm not sad.

Knight 6 2
  • 8 Jul '17
 ntpgmr

@FluffyDragon said:

@ntpgmr said:
I was about to type a huge soliloquy about how I didn't know how to get my title on here, then I went to my profile, and realised, I hadn't linked the Alpha with my account, so I was a big dumbass there. Anyway, now I am Sir Dokter Medic, Knight of Mordhau.

May you with your sword perform sucessful proctology in the battlefields of mordhau.

Kinda depends on where I strike, really, however, i can assure you I will make sure that whatever operation it is, it will be a success.

Knight 1366 1852
  • 8 Jul '17
 Trevz TheCuz

Zoctor zi needz zhelp zapllying ze medizin

Baron 1647 5234
  • 10 Jul '17
 Lincs

@TheDankestMeme said:

@FluffyDragon said:
Army-guy-with-a-sword2.png

Is this historicly accurate enough?

722d9db5979979a0293b574df7e4f696.png

Uh excuse me shitolinni but that's CLEARLY a sord not a swird

smh

Knight 671 1220
  • 10 Jul '17
 Faffywaffy

Uh, you also disregard what make some armor pieces functional, especially by fucking up all the breastplate proportions.
Full plate blunder.JPG
Aventails.jpg

Knight 671 1220
848 694
  • 10 Jul '17
 EliteTeamKiller

@Faffywaffy said:
https://youtu.be/1vTlDHm4boQ

Jesus there must be some slow readers out there. He spent way too much time on those paragraphs.

Knight 3153 7400
  • 10 Jul '17
 Punzybobo

Edits out proportional looking armor

I'm on to you Faffy.

Baron 1226 1617
  • 10 Jul '17
 Carlo_Mano

Devs said several times that they messed with the armour proportion because the real historical ones looked gay

Duchess 6896 9886
  • 10 Jul '17
 Sir Zombie

> All the proportions

Knight 240 388
  • 10 Jul '17
 NitroSperg6K

@Faffywaffy said:
Uh, you also disregard what make some armor pieces functional, especially by fucking up all the breastplate proportions.

This would be an issue if anyone actually gave a fuck.
For real though why is this little cretin still here?

Count 4205 9821
  • 10 Jul '17
 DerFurst

@Faffywaffy said:

This isn't a complaint about historical realism from someone who really cares, but a petty attempt at nicking the devs. Please stop being so transparent.

Duchess 6896 9886
  • 10 Jul '17
 Sir Zombie

@Maxilatorn said:
I see some comments about historical accuracy, to put this endless back and forth to rest, In Mordhau we focus on bringing in armors from most parts of Europe spanning many different centuries, meaning that you will see armors that would never have faced each other in battle nor existed at the same time. We are not trying to make something that is historically accurate but many of our armors are based on things seen in the real world. As a rule of thumb, what belongs in our armor collection are armors that would appear grounded in reality to a layman.

Mercenary 9 1
  • 10 Jul '17
 MaulCop

It looks amazing, have you ever considered adding a frogmouth helmet? It would look quite badass on some legendary knights :D

Knight 671 1220
  • 10 Jul '17
 Faffywaffy

Frogmouth helmets were used in jousting, not in battle.

Its not notpicking, this issue would render the breastplates non-functional. With the breastplate ending at the crotch, your torso is unable to flex and all the weight sits on your shoulders, sitting on bone. And for safety reasons too.

See how the shorter breastplate moves with the body and the other resists.
20170710_122629.png

The more curvature also makes it more protective, by helping blows to that area glance off. Combined with tassets, its more coverage, protection, and confortability overall.

In the picture that I did edit out, the breastplate came with tassets and the devs probably realized that it was less of a skirt and more as protection for the abdomen.

Duchess 6896 9886
  • 10 Jul '17
 Sir Zombie

It is nitpicking because the game doesn't have realistic plate physics

Knight 671 1220
  • 10 Jul '17
 Faffywaffy

Hey devs, you see the way Shrek did their breastplates?
Do it like that.
images (12).jpg
37.jpg

Duchess 6896 9886
  • 10 Jul '17
 Sir Zombie

And nobody gave a shit about the armor in Shrek.