Check out our merch shop!

June update

848 694
  • 2 Jul '17
 EliteTeamKiller

@Ulkenstride said:

@Rattsknecht said:

@EliteTeamKiller said:
So... lute + Landknecht = Dandelion confirmed?

dream come true

:D

Agreed. There is another troubadour type that I like in fantasy literature (yes, Witcher 3 is a game, but it's a book series too). Laurie from the Rift War cycle. Similar in some ways to Dandelion. I guess it's just the archetype.

Knight 1366 1852
  • 2 Jul '17
 Trevz TheCuz

Noice updet
But where is fist fighting?

Knight 671 1220
  • 2 Jul '17
 Faffywaffy

I know i'll get hate for this, but all of those helmets, despite looking cool, are just more off-the-wall representations of medieval/renaissance helmets. That last one is just begging for a lawsuit from Ubisoft. We could have gotten later styles or regional variations of the sallet, later forms of barbute, different styles of kettle helms, or the hounskull bascinets from the late 1300's.

Apart from that, I absolutely love the 15th-century style brigandine, it looks very faithful to historical designs, with the triple rivet pattern and the buckles on the torso. The billhooks look great, even though I have a feeling it will be very derivative from Chiv gameplay-wise, which i'm not too stoked about.

After this, I can expect the next update to add one handed flails and more representations of helmets based off 5 minute google searches and products sold on LARP stores.

I would be very glad to talk to the artists personally about the proper representation and design of these helmets, and some designs that aren't in the game. I know I've been a cunt on the forums, but I would really like to help the dev team with this.

Knight 2608 6921
  • 2 Jul '17
 Rattsknecht

histoREEEEEEEEEEE

Count 1452 3389
  • 3 Jul '17
 Smokingbobs

@Faffywaffy said:
I know i'll get hate for this, but all of those helmets, despite looking cool, are just more off-the-wall representations of medieval/renaissance helmets. That last one is just begging for a lawsuit from Ubisoft. We could have gotten later styles or regional variations of the sallet, later forms of barbute, different styles of kettle helms, or the hounskull bascinets from the late 1300's.

Apart from that, I absolutely love the 15th-century style brigandine, it looks very faithful to historical designs, with the triple rivet pattern and the buckles on the torso. The billhooks look great, even though I have a feeling it will be very derivative from Chiv gameplay-wise, which i'm not too stoked about.

After this, I can expect the next update to add one handed flails and more representations of helmets based off 5 minute google searches and products sold on LARP stores.

I would be very glad to talk to the artists personally about the proper representation and design of these helmets, and some designs that aren't in the game. I know I've been a cunt on the forums, but I would really like to help the dev team with this.

If you're serious about wanting to help out, I strongly suggest contacting the developers trough their e-mail ([email protected]).

Bloody hope you're right about the flails, though.

848 694
  • 3 Jul '17
 EliteTeamKiller

@Faffywaffy said:

One handed flails may not have existed, but if they actually did they were obviously rare, as most of what we have to go on supporting their existence is ancient art work. And who trusts artists?

Knight 671 1220
  • 3 Jul '17
 Faffywaffy

The pattern welding on the viking sword looks very true to life. It's clear the devs looked into it, or maybe one of the devs has blacksmithing experience and makes damascus himself. The other swords look great as well. The leftmost looking very ornamental with engravings, and the simple but robust sword in the middle.

The Landsknecht needs a hat. I would like to see him wielding a spear next update when that comes out.

1 0
  • 3 Jul '17
 IronBlood

dang i just got a lot of money so i can get the alpha now the store is down "crys" why you do dis :<

848 694
  • 3 Jul '17
 EliteTeamKiller

@IronBlood said:
dang i just got a lot of money so i can get the alpha now the store is down "crys" why you do dis :<

Donate the money to me.

Knight 671 1220
Count 4205 9821
  • 3 Jul '17
 DerFurst

pQ2Cr4s

From left to right:

1. Exanima
  2. Dark Souls
    3: Dark souls 3
    4: For Honor
Baron 1182 1071
  • 3 Jul '17
 ApatheticDeity

oh my god.... what the fuck is going on, this is ridiculous!
just trash... i mean look at all of these weak half assed memes, the once spicy but cancerous memes that used to
dwell and rule here are being snuffed out by the steadily rising lowly peasant class.
I call upon DerFurst for a cleansing.

Love everything you guys are doing with the game tho, fucking beautiful.

Knight 671 1220
  • 4 Jul '17
 Faffywaffy

for_boner

Count 4205 9821
  • 4 Jul '17
 DerFurst

For Honor dressed Warden and Lawbringer meme squads are necessary

Knight 4 3
  • 4 Jul '17
 Lordekage

Ha ha. This is going to be awesome!

Mercenary 26 67
  • 4 Jul '17
 NoHarmNoFAL

3bcee87e6d8b8ae5f3c576f0b125ff8a.jpeg

So excited to see these Viking swords make it into development!

Count 29 153
  • 4 Jul '17
 Eric_the_Legend

Oh boy! Let's play my favorite game...
Name...that...armor!
As a whole the group seems inspired by 16th century designs
It's possible this is just one helmet ingame with a number of cosmetic options
Max helmet.jpg
Max2Helmet.jpg
The base helmet, judging from the fluting, crest, and close-fitting shape, resembles helmets made in the Maximilian style. (Likely taking a page from Dark Souls)
2Middle.png
Helmet Collection.jpg
Helmet.jpg
While I can't find any exact matches, the middle two visors appear to have taken inspiration from a variety of 16th century visors.
Bird.jpg
MaxStache.jpg
...which could end up pretty funky looking
1 Left.png
Repro.jpg
The helmet (at least the visor) on the far left was probably based on that reproduction, which was claimed to be a great bascinet "based off an original" (they all say that).
Foot Combat Helm.jpg
Said helmet (and by extension the one in Mordhau) looks like a tournament foot combat helm, albeit with a number of changes probably making it better suited for actual warfare
1 right.png
Froggy.jpg
As for this...thing, yeah. Devs must've been playing too much For Honor. It's like it's trying to be a frog helm, but forgetting that they were their own subset of helmets; also they were very large so the wearer could tilt forward to see out of the damn thing.

In regards to Mordhau's depiction of armor as a whole, while some sets look really good, I think others could have been modeled more accurately to historical armor
MordPlate.jpg
...this set especially, but I don't think we're one step away from this...
Lorica Segmentwata.jpg
seeing as how the current art style has been relatively consistent in quality and accuracy (if anything, it's improving) with each revelation of new stuff.

Duke 507 1200

Ive soiled thyself. Good work.

Baroness 6089 7050
  • 4 Jul '17
 Sammy

@Senturion, Duke of Ontheon said:
Ive soiled thyself. Good work.

eww wtf that is gross

Knight 4 7
  • 4 Jul '17
 Pawnda

Very excited for August. Keep 'em coming.