Mordhau

No longer possible to prepurchase Mordhau

985 6954
  • 29 Jun '17
 marox — Project Lead

We've removed the option to prepurchase Mordhau (Alpha/Beta/Release) on our shop. Originally, our plans were to keep prepurchase options available as development went along as an extra source of funding and as a way to keep the alpha/beta populated, but this is no longer possible. Our options as far as selling additional Steam keys right now are to either wait until release, or put the game up on Early Access on Steam, and we feel Early Access on Steam would be opening the floodgates prematurely.

Just to be clear, everyone who already prepurchased the game or backed it on Kickstarter will get their Steam key, we're just not selling any more Steam keys.

PS: June update is still coming, we're just a little late!

Knight 105 274
  • 29 Jun '17
 Ser Arthur Dayne

Sweet glad I got my key!!!

Count 1452 3388
  • 29 Jun '17
 Smokingbobs

Sorry to hear that.

I think Steam early access should only be considered for the beta for the reason you've stated. There're a lot of people that frown upon SEA because a lot of those games get stuck in development hell in there. But when people have seen videos of Mordhau in the alpha stage such a consensus can be avoided for Mordhau and bring in that extra cash when the beta is released on SEA.

2369 4809
  • 29 Jun '17
 Maci

F

Mercenary 2543 4560
  • 29 Jun '17
 SIEGE

Do whatever seems right, habibis. Good luck

3234 4258
  • 29 Jun '17
 Havoc

Suddenly the value of those with extra keys went up by 250%

Knight 47 49
  • 29 Jun '17
 PowerSenpai

Is it possible that we could know why this is no longer an option? And I agree with smokingbobs on the topic of early access on steam. It could be good to open the floodgates, so to speak, when the beta starts, and to have alpha access limited to backers and those who have been able to order access through the website up until now.

Baron 1226 1617
  • 29 Jun '17
 Carlo_Mano

Translation: If it goes on like this, there will be too many players suggesting contradictory things to balance the game.

And expect a new video soon

985 6954
  • 29 Jun '17
 marox — Project Lead

@PowerSenpai said:
Is it possible that we could know why this is no longer an option? And I agree with smokingbobs on the topic of early access on steam. It could be good to open the floodgates, so to speak, when the beta starts, and to have alpha access limited to backers and those who have been able to order access through the website up until now.

We're allowed to sell Steam keys / use Steam for distribution if the game itself is also available to buy on Steam. In other words, we'd need to have our shop items on Steam as well, but that'd mean Steam Early Access.

985 6954
  • 29 Jun '17
 marox — Project Lead

@Carlo_Mano said:
Translation: If it goes on like this, there will be too many players suggesting contradictory things to balance the game.

Wasn't the reason, was out of our control.

Knight 5096 6835
  • 29 Jun '17
 Humble Staff

@Havoc said:
Suddenly the value of those with extra keys went up by 250%

WE WUZ EXCLUSIVE N' SHIT...

I don't have much to say, smoking nailed it. I also think beta is the right time to open the gates, people will be begging to play as soon as they see alpha footage.

Knight 123 262
  • 29 Jun '17
 Vin¢

Good decision.

212 347

I think its better to stick to the original plan. Early access is messy. And youll make more than enough money when the full game releases.

1 8
  • 29 Jun '17
 HennyS

Just got paid today (finally) and went to buy the Alpha key...worst timing ever haha.

Knight 365 628
  • 29 Jun '17
 Snake Skin

I really hope the devs change this at some point.

Knight 123 262
  • 29 Jun '17
 Vin¢

@HennyS said:
Just got paid today (finally) and went to buy the Alpha key...worst timing ever haha.

I'm sure there are people who have keys that they bought from a 3-pack or something if you look carefully enough.

Conscript 294 345
  • 29 Jun '17
 Qwampa

So technically all the keys bought in the shop were illegal, and now was the time when somebody noticed?

Duke 5473 13074
  • 29 Jun '17
 Jax — Community Manager

We wuz illegal n shit

Damn, that sucks. It's unfortunate but at least steam didn't force you guys to refund the post-KS keys :/

4 0
  • 29 Jun '17
 Playa

Anyone got a spare key? please message me :)

Duchess 6857 9820
  • 29 Jun '17
 Sir Zombie

Perhaps the solution will be beta on Steam + site and alpha become "exclusive". The floodgates would open a bit later.

Edit: oh fuk bob already said this