Mordhau

Any Formations?

24 13
  • 30 Jun '16
 Blood Dragon

I don't know if this is going to be a thing but a medieval battle wasn't just going around and duelling people, which i know that everyone knows(I hope)

Will there be formations or is it going to stay the same, i have hardly seen a medieval game like this that adds slightest of formations, i am not asking 30+ formations but like 6 to 7 players forming something to beat the odds, even that helps, you don't need an army to form a formation. But than again it is very hard to do that in a game, and that is why i am wondering if it is going to be possible to mix that in.

(this could also pointless question with no wins or gains so just skip this shiz if you dislike the idea)

Knight 4114 4389
  • 30 Jun '16
 pizza boy

wat? you're asking this question like it's a total war game. making formations is completely up to the players and in pub games would be hard because of the lack of coordination, but it'd be fairly easy in a competitive setting with good players, if they wanted to do so.

24 13
  • 30 Jun '16
 Blood Dragon

That is why, take this topic with a grain of salt, it is quite complicated, my point is. Would there be any bonus in that? Because in real life a formation of men has a better chance to gang the same amount of men that are not in formation, while in Chivalry you can just avoid them by running forever around them or just block all of them at once (which is a seperate thing) and just hit three of them at once and block and get away.

(kind of stupid of me to make a topic of this to be honest, now i think about it.)

Knight 7768 14309
  • 30 Jun '16
 ToLazy4Name

What Gaymer said, on top of the fact that any hypothetical formation would have to actually be effective within the confines of the game, which I highly doubt anything other than sticking together in a loose group will be effective.

Edit: Oh, so you're basically asking what I was stating. Yeah, it's very doubtful that some sort of formation will be effective considering the massive emphasis on individual skill. Why wait in some formation when your best player can wade into a group of 3 people and slaughter them all?

24 13
  • 30 Jun '16
 Blood Dragon

@ToLazy4Name said:
What Gaymer said, on top of the fact that any hypothetical formation would have to actually be effective within the confines of the game, which I highly doubt anything other than sticking together in a loose group will be effective.

Edit: Oh, so you're basically asking what I was stating. Yeah, it's very doubtful that some sort of formation will be effective considering the massive emphasis on individual skill. Why wait in some formation when your best player can wade into a group of 3 people and slaughter them all?

Very true... i wish i could remove this spazz..