Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

What is Mordhau?

168 1700
  • 11 Feb '16
 elwebbaro — Art

@Aro said:
What version of DirectX is this written on?

UE4 can work in DX12.

DX12 support as well as Vulkan are still very barebones and I wouldn't expect any games shipping with that tech any time soon. Of course we will try to utilize it as best as we can once you gain some actual performance with it. Right now it's quite the opposite.

2428 4937
  • 11 Feb '16
 Maci

@elwebbaro said:

@Aro said:
What version of DirectX is this written on?

UE4 can work in DX12.

DX12 support as well as Vulkan are still very barebones and I wouldn't expect any games shipping with that tech any time soon. Of course we will try to utilize it as best as we can once you gain some actual performance with it. Right now it's quite the opposite.

It's not for AMD users. :/
AMD had the big problem of one core doing all the work, which translated to bad framerates, which is WAY better in Dx12, hell, AMD is above Nvidia in Dx12 benchmarks!

Watch this for a techy explanation.

Knight 93 309
  • 25 Feb '16
 Red Hunter

So... its like skyrim but without the dragons?

Count 1476 965

Open world role playing game single player? No. First person slasher multiplayer.

4 1
  • 19 Mar '16
 ֆJohanAndersson

Don't know where to post this. But will the customization be similar to CMW?
I am in a CMW clan and we plan to continue on Mordhau ofcourse and would love to keep our symbol.

988 6974
  • 20 Mar '16
 marox — Project Lead

@ֆJohanAndersson said:
Don't know where to post this. But will the customization be similar to CMW?
I am in a CMW clan and we plan to continue on Mordhau ofcourse and would love to keep our symbol.

Unless the symbol is something generic that might by accident end up in Mordhau, probably not I'm afraid. We're not related to CMW or Torn Banner in any way.

4 1
  • 20 Mar '16
 ֆJohanAndersson

Alright. I know that. Any idea of making wishes ? :)

988 6974
  • 28 Mar '16
 marox — Project Lead

This topic has been unpinned.

Knight 152 100
  • 30 Mar '16
 Lilboots

What does dx12 have to do with multicore support, its can be dx9 and have it. as long as the developers code the game with multicore support (adding processes to individual cores) there wont be an issue.

but hopefully dx12 gets the tic

988 6974
  • 30 Mar '16
 marox — Project Lead

@Lilboots said:
What does dx12 have to do with multicore support, its can be dx9 and have it. as long as the developers code the game with multicore support (adding processes to individual cores) there wont be an issue.

but hopefully dx12 gets the tic

There's a certain part where the CPU must send instructions to the GPU. This can take quite a bit of time, and prior to dx12, this part of the process wasn't leveraging multiple cores/threads.

3 11
  • 14 Apr '16
 Kick

I saw the 2nd Dev Blog pop up on my feed and instantly fell in love. I have over 600 hours on Chivalry, and by the looks of it, I won't have a problem dropping that game for Mordhau. Looks amazing. Definitely will support this on kickstarter this summer!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! :)

Count 1476 965

Over 600 hours? Well welcome to the over 600 hours club.

1 1
  • 1
  • 15 Apr '16
 Oppressor

Looks great, keep it up guys.

5 8
  • 25 Apr '16
 Sir

How does everyone else cope with the anxiety of wanting to play?

I can't wait to unlock my inner basement dweller.

1 1
  • 30 Apr '16
 DarthSyphilis

I 2nd the Team Objective! Also, please add a Co-op version. There's so much to be said about making a game endless if you can always jump on with a friend(s) and slash threw some bots.

Duke 754 1201
  • 19 May '16
 Stumpy

Mordhau is love, Mordhau is life..

13 6
  • 9 Jul '16
 TheLastDemorai

Oi man. "The is love, is life" thing is one stale meme.

28 5
  • 12 Jul '16
 Random

@DarthSyphilis said:
I 2nd the Team Objective! Also, please add a Co-op version. There's so much to be said about making a game endless if you can always jump on with a friend(s) and slash threw some bots.

should have put your idea on suggestion section

Knight 1388 3163
  • 12 Jul '16
 Tim_Fragmagnet

Mordhau is a meme

Knight 105 275
  • 12 Jul '16
 Ser Arthur Dayne

Well I think they should not only have 2 teams in a game, they should add multi teams like they had in DW as well as normal 2 team. FFA should also be added of course it wouldn't feel like Mordhau without a bit of individuality. Also I agree with some of the people in these comments that there should be a ranked PvP, it would give more of those experienced players someone to match with. I'm so excited to see Mordhau become the great chivalry game we have all been waiting for and I have faith in the Developers and the fans that give support in this project.