ThunderDuck

really digging these guys at the moment

Conscript 4124 4999
  • 19 May
 vanguard

I'm loving this band tbh

Count 292 1205

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtRbtKI7zbs

Damn remember payday 2's soundtrack? Shit was so fucking tight, got reminded of it when it popped up in youtube homepage

Mercenary 763 1267

@vanguard said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO2nhie8h6o

I'm loving this band tbh

No shit, it's fucking Joy Division.

Count 627 2300

Here is some country (not that modern pop crap with a twang) and folk music. Give it a chance. This is coming from someone who used to actively dislike country music.

Easily one of the most beautiful perfomances I have ever heard:

Good thumpage:

A nice old fashioned track:

A beautiful piece from an artist I only recently discovered:

A very nicely arranged piece:

Hawaiian with a slight country twinge. Well worth including:

Probably one of the best Beatles covers ever TBH:

Some nice vocal harmony on this dark old track:

Just think of this one as redneck trance:

Wonderful performance from good old John Fahey:

One of the most soulful songs I have ever heard:

And finally this piece with some extra info. Taken from wikipedia:

"Be Thou My Vision" (Old Irish: Rop tú mo baile or Rob tú mo bhoile) is a traditional hymn from Ireland. The most well known English version, with some minor variations, was translated by Eleanor Hull and published in 1912. In 1919, the lyrics were set to the tune of the Irish folk tune "Slane", to which the song is sung to this day, both in English and Irish. The song has often been attributed to the sixth-century Irish Christian poet Saint Dallan,[1] though some scholars cite an eighth-century date.[2]

Mercenary 1530 5647
  • 20 May
 ThunderDuck

Playing Fallout New Vegas made me realize how good actual country music is.

Count 627 2300

I went for years ignoring most country music even though I am a southern man. Once I matured some, and learned to temper (some) of my rebellious nature, I started appreciating good music regardless of genre and realized how fantastic country music can be.

It can be very easy to ignore and discount the massive debt modern music owes to earlier country, folk, and blues tracks. If people research who influenced some of their favorite bands they will probably soon find themselves listening to various "vintage" recordings.

Count 4146 9598
  • 20 May
 DerFurst

So you're saying that today's music aint got the same soul?

Count 627 2300

FUCK BOB SEGER

Conscript 4124 4999
  • 20 May
 vanguard

@TheKingInTheNorth said:

@vanguard said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO2nhie8h6o

I'm loving this band tbh

No shit, it's fucking Joy Division.

I have heard about this band before, but just now I got to actualy listen to them! Fucking awesome tbh

The drummer on this band man, he is great

Duke 5068 10709
  • 20 May
 Jax — Community Manager

folk is dope and super underrated

this song is pretty good, pretty emotional and good vocals

and if you haven't before, you should listen to fleet foxes. they do some crazy stuff in their newest album Crack-Up. this song is a good example of how they've experimented with their sound, the song has pretty much two acts (January/June) and when it shifts it's sick. Feels like you're taking a journey tbh, or the sun's rising or smth. Switches from dreamy folk to a folky-rock, one of my favorite songs from them.

Knight 2801 6115
  • 20 May
 Punzybobo

@EatAtRedLobster said:
I went for years ignoring most country music even though I am a southern man. Once I matured some, and learned to temper (some) of my rebellious nature, I started appreciating good music regardless of genre and realized how fantastic country music can be.

It can be very easy to ignore and discount the massive debt modern music owes to earlier country, folk, and blues tracks. If people research who influenced some of their favorite bands they will probably soon find themselves listening to various "vintage" recordings.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2uqk4f

this really speaks to my inner country guy

Count 627 2300

@Punzybobo said:

@EatAtRedLobster said:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2uqk4f

this really speaks to my inner country guy

I like the Four Tops recording of it more.

Mercenary 1530 5647
Conscript 4124 4999
  • 21 May
 vanguard

This song is fucking SCARRY