protip it wont

Knight 614 1111
  • 20 Jul '17
 Uncy

@Maci said:

@Uncy said:
I really hope alpha will be online at 1-10 aug, waiting is killing me inside

protip it wont

kickstarter had like a half year delay, so i know, prolly we will see alpha in the next year

Knight 92 313
  • 20 Jul '17
 Darkfyre

Of course I want them to make the best product they can, but I sincerely hope they keep their pledge to release the alpha sometime in August. I theorize that the dev team is horribly afraid of making a bad first impression (and rightfully so) to the point of near-hysteria. It's an alpha. It's ok if its not perfect or has bugs. So long as critical systems function on an alpha-expected level. I'd even bet that Mordhau's alpha state is closer to most new game's beta levels of polish. These are all good things, of course. But people pledged AAA price or more for the privledge of alpha testing this game, so it's important that we hold the devs to their word on their deadlines. Barring an understandable emergency that delays the release (ex. Windows releases an update that makes the game not work at all), it's not wrong for us to pressure the devs to deliver on their promises. Otherwise, it sets a bad precident for kickstarted projects and can dissuade people from funding projects like this in the future

Knight 830 1763
  • 20 Jul '17
 Ulkenstride

@Darkfyre said:
Of course I want them to make the best product they can, but I sincerely hope they keep their pledge to release the alpha sometime in August. I theorize that the dev team is horribly afraid of making a bad first impression (and rightfully so) to the point of near-hysteria. It's an alpha. It's ok if its not perfect or has bugs. So long as critical systems function on an alpha-expected level. I'd even bet that Mordhau's alpha state is closer to most new game's beta levels of polish. These are all good things, of course. But people pledged AAA price or more for the privledge of alpha testing this game, so it's important that we hold the devs to their word on their deadlines. Barring an understandable emergency that delays the release (ex. Windows releases an update that makes the game not work at all), it's not wrong for us to pressure the devs to deliver on their promises. Otherwise, it sets a bad precident for kickstarted projects and can dissuade people from funding projects like this in the future

Well said!

Knight 830 1763
  • 26 Jul '17
 Ulkenstride

What's 9 + 10? 21 Days left

Knight 614 1111
  • 26 Jul '17
 Uncy

@Ulkenstride said:
What's 9 + 10? 21 Days till august!

actually it's 26.07 so that means it's 5 days 'till august

edit
forgot ur saying about mid august nvm

Duchess 6865 9830
  • 26 Jul '17
 Sir Zombie

@Uncy said:

@Ulkenstride said:

edit

You're still correct tho

Knight 135 150
  • 26 Jul '17
 SirLancelot

MMmm 5 days till August ;)

Knight 830 1763
  • 26 Jul '17
 Ulkenstride

@Uncy said:

@Ulkenstride said:

edit

Oh shit man, I didn't realize what I was saying. I edited it to "days left" thanks for pointing that out.

Mercenary 70 80
  • 26 Jul '17
 Hour

FOUR DAYS

FOUR

DAYS

Knight 667 995

@Hour said:
FOUR DAYS

FOUR

DAYS

I feel like Hour always shouts :!

Mercenary 70 80
  • 27 Jul '17
 Hour

@Jackass - Knight of Ass said:

@Hour said:
FOUR DAYS

FOUR

DAYS

I feel like Hour always shouts :!

feel my ass

Knight 43 82
  • 28 Jul '17
 jank

@Uncy said:

@Maci said:

@Uncy said:
I really hope alpha will be online at 1-10 aug, waiting is killing me inside

protip it wont

kickstarter had like a half year delay, so i know, prolly we will see alpha in the next year

Kickstarter delayed like a whole year, and I think they did that because they knew they couldn't push out an alpha in 2016/ didn't want to promise an alpha when they weren't sure it would be ready by the promised date. I don't think it's gonna be delayed for that reason. Also they would lose a lot of credibility if it was delayed

Knight 174 263
  • 28 Jul '17
 Echonian

I will be on a trip from August 3rd until the 19th, so I sincerely hope the alpha does not start and end within that time-frame. Hoping we get an announcement of how far off the Alpha is though once August 1st hits, if not before then.

Duke 341 973
  • 28 Jul '17
 Ruby Rhoderick

@Echonian said:
I will be on a trip from August 3rd until the 19th, so I sincerely hope the alpha does not start and end within that time-frame. Hoping we get an announcement of how far off the Alpha is though once August 1st hits, if not before then.

From the Kickstarter: The Alpha will last until the Beta which will last until release.

Duchess 6865 9830
  • 28 Jul '17
 Sir Zombie

@Ruby Rhoderick said:

@Echonian said:

From the Kickstarter: The Alpha will last until the Beta which will last until release.

So what if they release the game on the 19th?
Then he can't play alpha