Mordhau

Development Dump

Knight 83 115
  • 30 Aug '17
 Mufflin

@Grator said:
2qstaff.png

Quarterstaff

Could do with some metal or something otherwise it's just a stick and being able to kill people in full plate using literally just a small stick is very silly

Mercenary 2543 4560
  • 30 Aug '17
 SIEGE

A full length non-hollow metal stick is also silly

Knight 15 27
  • 30 Aug '17
 hunnidblunts

Stabbing plate to death is silly but who gives a fuck

Duchess 6857 9820
  • 30 Aug '17
 Sir Zombie

@Mufflin said:

@Grator said:
2qstaff.png

Quarterstaff

Could do with some metal or something otherwise it's just a stick and being able to kill people in full plate using literally just a small stick is very silly

you are the silly one around here even using swords against plate would be dumb irl
I think that a person who knew how to use this glorious wooden stick would be more deadly against a knight than a man with a sword.

Knight 68 160
  • 30 Aug '17
 SerTwentyGoodmen

Yeah zombie has it right here, Qstaff does a fair bit of blunt damage, more than you'd expect. Most Qstaves also have very little give (bend) to them so there is a lot of force transferred.

Knight 5096 6833
  • 30 Aug '17
 Humble Staff

Oh guys i'm so proud of you all

Knight 2225 3992
  • 30 Aug '17
 Runagate

@Mufflin said:

@Grator said:
2qstaff.png

Quarterstaff

Swords do jack shit against real plate. So that is pretty silly too. Either way it's in the game with emphasis on the word game, because this is not a HEMA simulator.

Knight 3278 6704
  • 31 Aug '17
 Bodkin

A quarterstaff is a heavy pole tbh, it's not light and snappy like the jap bo staff.

If anyone has ever held a thick hardwood dowel, they'd know what I mean. You must also remember the leverage gained from the length, making it pack a good whallop. It's not uncommon for people to get concussions from sparring with the light training ones, and they're wearing full fencing gear

Mercenary 2184 3898
  • 31 Aug '17
 EruTheTeapot

@Sir Zombie said:

@Mufflin said:

@Grator said:
2qstaff.png

Quarterstaff

you are the silly one around here even using swords against plate would be dumb irl
I think that a person who knew how to use this glorious wooden stick would be more deadly against a knight than a man with a sword.

brb, making a "Sword can't damage Plate Armor" tread

Knight 146 158
  • 31 Aug '17
 Zetboi

@EruTheTeapot said:

@Sir Zombie said:

@Mufflin said:

@Grator said:
2qstaff.png

Quarterstaff

brb, making a "Sword can't damage Plate Armor" tread

Off Topic, here we go!

Knight 5096 6833
  • 31 Aug '17
 Humble Staff

@Bodkin said:
A quarterstaff is a heavy pole tbh, it's not light and snappy like the jap bo staff.

If anyone has ever held a thick hardwood dowel, they'd know what I mean. You must also remember the leverage gained from the length, making it pack a good whallop. It's not uncommon for people to get concussions from sparring with the light training ones, and they're wearing full fencing gear

Fucking this. Any school that cares about safety respects the staff.
Great example:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uja1TNNNko4

Then in the comments someone is asking if there would be any way to do full contact sparring with this weapon and in short, the owner of the channel answered no and provided with this video:

"If you look at the last bit of this clip you will see how even a medium strike with a light staff can be pretty harmful. I struck my partner straight on the chin of the mask and he blacked out, with a bad neck for 3-4 weeks afterwards."

Knight 5096 6833
  • 2 Sep '17
 Humble Staff

@SerTwentyGoodmen said:
No M'lord

NO!
no.
No m'lord.
No! my lord
No malord!

Also those are proper functional cranelations! lovable.

Knight 457 879
  • 2 Sep '17
 wierHL

Man I read all of those in the Agatha Knight voice including inflections.
Chivalry voice commands really are memorable.

355 411
  • 11 Sep '17
 Ares

FERN confirmed!!!

_3a32516bcb9f2b0c5a794e4cd147aa48-jpg

Baron 2357 3387
  • 11 Sep '17
 Xekratos

@Ares said:
FERN confirmed!!!

CONFERNED

Knight 3278 6704
  • 12 Sep '17
 Bodkin

@Ares said:
FERN confirmed!!!

Stick map pickup weapon CONFERNED

Baron 2357 3387
  • 12 Sep '17
 Xekratos

@Bodkin said:

@Ares said:
FERN confirmed!!!

Stick map pickup weapon CONFERNED

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Duchess 6857 9820
  • 12 Sep '17
 Sir Zombie

Firm conferned ecks dee

848 694
  • 10 Oct '17
 EliteTeamKiller

@Runagate said:

@Mufflin said:

@Grator said:
2qstaff.png

Quarterstaff

Swords do jack shit against real plate. So that is pretty silly too. Either way it's in the game with emphasis on the word game, because this is not a HEMA simulator.

Nonsense. The sword is to be stabbed into the cracks in the armor, foo. Armpit, knee, neck etc. Plus you can go mordhau for some blunt damage sexy time.