Mordhau

Retsnom's: Server Administration

Duke 83 87
  • 1 Jun '17
 Elko

@ĶiĻăƦesrumpMcBøøgerballls said:
This is what Elko worked on and I threw him some bones for some extra stuff but sadly much of it didnt work right.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639237138&searchtext=chiv+admin

First time I hear this. All was tested and worked correctly.

Btw. that link points to the optional server plugin to get some extra data from your sever. It's not very popular because TB disallows to gain any xp even when only a mutator is installed.

This is the desktop client:
https://github.com/horde-sandcastle/ChivAdmin

Count 237 267

@FaffyШaffy said:
The developers are lazy.

I dont know about lazy as much as attention to detail and necessity/priorities for the players and server hosts like myself. Sadly the gaming industry changed how they develop and release games. Now there is prepay beta access and DLC content and the game never gets released and you play through the design phases of development. Prior to about 2008, most games were fully developed, then released and allowed shareable user content where server hosts allowed upload/download of custom skins, maps and sound packs created by fans that were free. Sadly they have even monetized if it is even available.

So now there is less attention to server admin, attention to detail and interactivity with in the maps. While many games got prettier visually, the games kind of got dumbed down and limited.

Count 237 267

@Elko said:

This is what Elko worked on and I threw him some bones for some extra stuff but sadly much of it didnt work right.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639237138&searchtext=chiv+admin

First time I hear this. All was tested and worked correctly.

Btw. that link points to the optional server plugin to get some extra data from your sever. It's not very popular because TB disallows to gain any xp even when only a mutator is installed.

This is the desktop client:
https://github.com/horde-sandcastle/ChivAdmin

I can update you on the things that doesn't work if you would like. I do use the desktop app, it is just somethings do not work OR maybe it is me and I am doing something wrong. I will hit you up for sure

Yes it shouldnt be too hard to port it to Mordhau as it is basically the same engine.

Duke 83 87
  • 1 Jun '17
 Elko

In the case of Chiv, the engine has nothing to do with rcon functionality because all communication was handled via low level TCP connections. Mordhau has to define, implement and expose a rcon protocol.
It won't be possible to write a mod which does this (like the mutator for Chiv) because Blueprints do not support TCP/UDP atm and Mordhau will most likely not support C++ mods.

If you are currently using ChivAdmin, I'll investigate the possible issues.

Count 237 267

Update: On Server Hosting.
So I am currently hosting a 32 player Mordhau server at home on and old PC with Google Fiber. I was having issues with errors in the Event Viewer and eventually crashing. Trick was to verify game cache and it appears to be running well. Tested it out with 32 bots and seems to be pegging the CPU but was stable.

Now onto another issue. Will Mordhau have a Message of the Day (MOTD) for Server Hosts? and we need a Server Hosting section on the Forums

6 1

Greetings everyone, Mordhau seems to be the gift that keeps on giving. Dedicated servers AND Forum, I've gone back in time and that's okay. Anyways found this thread because it's exactly what i'm looking for. Just started getting my groups dedicated server up and was hoping to get some more functionality with the administrative stuff.

Count 237 267

This is currently what I am getting after the server crashed during a Horde mode map and restarted the server and even the PC. An infinite loop of 502 bad gateway errors....... Their backend servers are still fd up.

server 502.jpg

24 14
 muNt

This is currently what I am getting after the server crashed during a Horde mode map and restarted the server and even the PC. An infinite loop of 502 bad gateway errors....... Their backend servers are still fd up.

server 502.jpg

Backend seemed fine again when I played last night, are your errors persistent?

Count 237 267

@muNt said:

server 502.jpg

Backend seemed fine again when I played last night, are your errors persistent?

Everything seems fine now after the last update. Updated the servers and they are up and running fine.

Going to make another server admin post soon about current issues. Some are listed in the original post. One being not having admins kicked for "idle" is a big one along with reserved slots for admin.

36 12
  • 13 May
 Taki7o7

I hope Mordhau does not suffer from thinking such things are not important for persistence :/

190 93

As an admin and founder of 1 of the most heavily modded very poplular servers in chivalry
(~MODDED MATRIX MAYHEM~) I can agree 1000000% percent with Retsnom.
shout out to Retsnom too cause He even took the time to help us in chivalry and made a mod that let us control some options
when there wasn't anything out yet.

torn banner studios seriously dropped the ball on admin and modding functionality, they were more concerned with nerfing the game to shit to appease newbies and spent 6 months on color pallets with no bug fixes at all then pumped out more broken gameplay known as deadliest warrior which enherited all the same bugs and glitches chivalry had and no 1 asked for that.

Game devs always seem to shit on the admins when in all reality like Retsnom said it is us who keep the game alive.

Im trying to run the same style of modded server in Mordhau and the lack of tools and functions and bugs is making it a losing battle right now hosting a dedicated server.

Server gives random host closed connection errors to ppl on map changes when in fact it hasn't crashed!
I cannot run frontline maps in my ffa map rotation or after every map change the same host connection error occurs
on our screens and disconnects us.

Couple that with the 3 min idle kick that cant be turned off and you have a great recipe for an empty server.
its not easy to populate or moderate a modded server and right now everything is working against us.

I love the game and we'll be here for a long time and would like to bring back the awesome fast paced low gravity epic action and slo mo's we had on our chivalry server for the ppl of mordhau.

We seriously need a hot fix for admins to help us make the game a better experience for players as well as the ppl who put in countless hrs a week of their time making this happen.

Id like to see that modded servers dont lose the ability to rank ppl up as well as that literally killed any chance of modded servers becoming popular or having new players stay in them, tbs literally stuck a knife in our heart when they made that foolish choice because of 1 asshole that created a custom map with a huge weapon and ranked themselves up.

it is a game with no leader boards or anything so long as ppl are playing the game having fun is what should count.

Great job on the game devs!
Please Please help the admins out soon.

7 7
  • 22 May
 Shackito

This should be a priority since the playerbase IS very toxic sometimes and the admins do not have any proper tool to deal with them.

1 0
  • 29 May
 SFW.topper

I have been administering to servers as a private non-profit entity, and I am in total agreement with ĶiĻăƦesrumpMcBøøgerballls / Retsnom on implementation of admin tools as mentioned. And I would rather play than spend my limited time at administering.

Thanks for your time and effort and hardwork.

531 283
  • 29 May
 Gambit

Sorry to jump on the necro bandwagon, but I feel like this is an important topic. I don't think the devs need to put much time into a a fancy UI driven RCON tool, they just need to add RCON support on the server - ASAP - and within a few weeks, someone will have developed a UI based tool if that's what the community wants.

Having RCON support would fix so many issues people have been complaining about around player abuse, and also add so many possibilities for server owners. I really hope they are working on implementing it soon.

An implementation like http://rcon.io/ would be amazing. Having websocket based RCON means we could have a web based admin rather than a desktop application.

523 566
4 2

Please add RCON support , the community can do the rest . Obviously anything more is welcome but at the very least Proper RCON is required !

Baron 25 6
  • 11 Jun
 AleX

Any news about rcon and server management tools ? :(

36 12
  • 11 Jun
 Taki7o7

@AleX said:

seems not :/

531 283
  • 11 Jun
 Gambit

@AleX said:

I'm hoping for rcon soon too. Check out my dashboard thread for a free server management tool if you want though.

36 12
  • 24 Jun
 Taki7o7

feelsmordhauman