Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Web shop titles changed

988 6974
  • 2 May '17
 marox — Project Lead

Okay, so we messed up, and forgot we mentioned the titles were exclusive to Kickstarter backers :( To fix this, we're changing the webshop titles to Recruit / Militia / Mercenary (vs the KS ones that were Conscript / Sellsword / Knight). If you prepurchased on our webshop and feel cheated by this change, you can request a refund by mailing us at [email protected] and we'll sort it out.

Do note that due to how the titles work, if you purchased via the shop and picked e.g. the Knight title on the forums, it will stay until you try to change it, at which point you'll see the new titles rather than the Kickstarter ones (and won't be able to go back).

Knight 1836 2232
  • 2 May '17
 Void

We are grateful m'lord!
Much better now tbh

Knight 23 35
  • 2 May '17
 Minkar

Fair decision tbh.

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 2 May '17
 Sir Zombie

Will the kickstarter backers also receive these new titles?

Mercenary 28 29
  • 2 May '17
 uniVerse

@Sir Zombie said:

Hopefully not, nor should we tbh.

Excellent care of the community marox!

Knight 87 71
  • 2 May '17
 Cerebral_Harlot

@uniVerse said:

@Sir Zombie said:

I know, right? This whole thing was taken care of in about a day wasn't it?

Mercenary 28 29
  • 2 May '17
 uniVerse

If we are lucky this means Triternion will be able rake in plenty more money!
The new titles looks rather snazzy!

988 6974
  • 2 May '17
 marox — Project Lead

@Sir Zombie said:

No, least we can do is have the pre-purchasers keep those as exclusive :)

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 2 May '17
 Sir Zombie

@uniVerse said:

@Sir Zombie said:

Oh I just spent $10k but I don't deserve this title that somebody who only paid $25 gets.

Count 1452 3389
  • 2 May '17
 Smokingbobs

Fair decision. Both groups have their exclusive this way.

Lucky for the people that pre-purchased and get to keep the Kickstarter title, but I guess that caters to the people that wanted to pledge, but couldn't somehow. Sort of a blessing in disguise.

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 2 May '17
 Sir Zombie

As a kickstarter backer it actually makes me feel more "betrayed" that they have new exclusives compared to same ones.

Knight 87 71
  • 2 May '17
 Cerebral_Harlot

@Sir Zombie said:
As a kickstarter backer it actually makes me feel more "betrayed" that they have new exclusives compared to same ones.

If the point of this is to be able to distinguish between kickstarter backers and later purchasers wouldn't allowing the KB backers these titles blur this distinction?

Baroness 485 1386
  • 2 May '17
 arr0wmanc3r

Pull that stick out of your ass, Baroness. Did they advertise these new titles in the Kickstarter? I think not. You get what you paid for, exclusive Kickstarter titles. If you want the new titles, better spend some more dough. Welcome to capitalism.

Knight 1836 2232
  • 2 May '17
 Void

I think it's for the best that the new titles are shop-exclusive. This way it will be obvious to anyone, who backed Mordhau on kickstarter and who bought it from the shop.
I think Marox handled this effectively and elegantly.

Baron 1226 1617
  • 2 May '17
 Carlo_Mano

@marox said:
Okay, so we messed up

:)
Not so many devs would openly admit that

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 2 May '17
 Sir Zombie

If you don't think that even the god emperor deserves the recruit title, then that is your opinion.
But I think it is ridiculous. While I do realise that they never promised anything and actually aren't obligated to do anything, they don't lose anything by giving the people that paid more/earlier the title.

Knight 54 66
  • 2 May '17
 cappuccinoamaro

I WANT TO PAY 100 EUROS TO GET EXCLUSIVE MAROX FACE

Knight 87 71

@Sir Zombie said:
If you don't think that even the god emperor deserves the recruit title, then that is your opinion.

If the god emperor wants those titles for whatever reason, he may acquire them by increasing his total contributions by .6%

Baron 583 973
  • 2 May '17
 lash

@Sir Zombie said:
But I think it is ridiculous. While I do realise that they never promised anything and actually aren't obligated to do anything, they don't lose anything by giving the people that paid more/earlier the title.

The point was that you should be able to distinguish who backed on kekstarter and who bought in the webshop.

I think that right now the situation is resolved fairly.

Baron 1226 1617
  • 2 May '17
 Carlo_Mano

@Sir Zombie said:

Wait so you want ks ppl to be able to get regular titles aswell?
But why?