Mordhau

Kickstarter is refusing my payiment, any tips?

Duchess 76 79
  • 13 Apr '17
 ChrisFries

I don't know how much time you have left to fix this, but if i were you i would get hold of a friend who has a working debit card and solve it that way. I wouldn't take the chances with so little time left, risking not getting the pledge at all.

Countess 1228 2901
  • 13 Apr '17
 Whisper

Have you contacted the devs either here or through kickstarter to see if they can help you at all?

9 4
  • 13 Apr '17
 Moreau

Because Kickstarter has standards thats why.

Baron 26 10
  • 13 Apr '17
 DarkLandsknecht

Marko said he can't help really.

Knight 1836 2228
  • 13 Apr '17
 Void

@DarkLandsknecht said:
Where did you request it? Did it cost you more?

I have e-banking. This is an online service my bank provides, to manage my bank accounts and cards. It is essentially a website in which I login and check my account and my prepaid card from my pc at home.
When kickstarter denied my card, I logged in to my e-banking and it had an option to create a new e-prepaid card.
It didn't cost anything to make and I completed the procedure in a couple of minutes. I only had to put some money inside to make the payment. I put 2-3 dollars more than the needed amount, because when you charge a prepaid card the bank takes a small commission.

Baron 26 10
  • 13 Apr '17
 DarkLandsknecht

@Void-1777 said:

@DarkLandsknecht said:
Where did you request it? Did it cost you more?

I have e-banking. This is an online service my bank provides, to manage my bank accounts and cards. It is essentially a website in which I login and check my account and my prepaid card from my pc at home.
When kickstarter denied my card, I logged in to my e-banking and it had an option to create a new e-prepaid card.
It didn't cost anything to make and I completed the procedure in a couple of minutes. I only had to put some money inside to make the payment. I put 2-3 dollars more than the needed amount, because when you charge a prepaid card the bank takes a small commission.

What bank is it? I would like to try that out
Thanks

Knight 1836 2228
  • 13 Apr '17
 Void

My bank is Eurobank. It is a Greek bank.
You need to have e-banking for a bank of your country. By "e-banking" I mean an online bank account management service.

I don't know how easy it is to set up e-banking. It may require that you go to a bank in person. I have e-banking for many years now.

It may be better to ask from a relative or friend to pay it for you and you just give them the cash.

King 2430 3414

@Void-1777 said:
My bank is Eurobank. It is a Greek bank.
You need to have e-banking for a bank of your country. By "e-banking" I mean an online bank account management service.

I don't know how easy it is to set up e-banking. It may require that you go to a bank in person. I have e-banking for many years now.

It may be better to ask from a relative or friend to pay it for you and you just give them the cash.

Might be hard with pledge over, or have to go through your own pledge fix button with someone elses card. Hope its not too late and hope to see you in alpha (if not someone with a spare alpha key plz send him one)

Conscript 28 64
  • 14 Apr '17
 Gryphon

Well ... at the end I was able to complete my payiment, with something less than 1hr left to fix it.
I tryied another MasterCard and it didn't work too....then I asked my brother for his card (Visa) and was able to fix the pledge. Seems like that there is something wrong between MasterCard and Kickstarter (at least here in Italy).

Funny thing is that I even went to my own bank twice, and they told me that there is nothing wrong with my card (in fact I can use it on every website without problems)...but the Kickstarter support kept saying that the problem was with my bank without telling me the reason...Seems like they were not even trying to fix my problem tbh.

I'm happy that I was able to fix the payiment before the deadline, because I really care about this project ... but I think that Kickstarter will screw up the pledge of other people too ... hope this will not hurt the devs so much.

Duke 341 974
  • 14 Apr '17
 Ruby Rhoderick

Glad to hear you were able to back Mordhau, Gryphon. Even if you hadn't, it has been confirmed that the alpha/beta will be available through the web store whenever that's set up. So for those who weren't as fortunate, don't fret, you'll have a chance to be part of the alpha.

Duchess 6892 9862
  • 14 Apr '17
 Sir Zombie

It also doesn't mention exclusive, which is nice.

Knight 135 150
  • 14 Apr '17
 SirLancelot

i pledged 60$ but payed 82$ because of the currency exchange. Maybe that has something to do with it? You could not have enough funds for the exchange rate.

Conscript 28 64
  • 16 Apr '17
 Gryphon

@Lord-Girth-of-Dickenshire said:
Glad to hear you were able to back Mordhau, Gryphon. Even if you hadn't, it has been confirmed that the alpha/beta will be available through the web store whenever that's set up. So for those who weren't as fortunate, don't fret, you'll have a chance to be part of the alpha.

Ehmm, sadly I won't join the Alpha/Beta because I couldn't pledge that much to have the access :D ... but still I wanted to help the development of the game before it come out by pledging the kickstarter because I love how this game is shaping up !

Only 11 months left!

Knight 1836 2228
  • 16 Apr '17
 Void

@Gryphon said:

@Lord-Girth-of-Dickenshire said:

Ehmm, sadly I won't join the Alpha/Beta because I couldn't pledge that much to have the access :D ... but still I wanted to help the development of the game before it come out by pledging the kickstarter because I love how this game is shaping up !

Only 11 months left!

Good man tbh

Conscript 1394 2153
  • 17 Apr '17
 Smeelio

@FluffyDragon said:
prequelgiflolfuck.gif

fire magic on a fire enemy, what a scrub