Baron 2355 3370
  • 2 Apr '17
 Xekratos

Yes it was bad.

Knight 1810 2190
  • 2 Apr '17
 Void

@Sammy said:
there's a lot of ways to counter them in this game, other than hoping for the best.

As far as I remember, you can also extinguish firepots with smokepots.

Baroness 6089 7039
  • 2 Apr '17
 Sammy

@Void-1777 said:

@Sammy said:
there's a lot of ways to counter them in this game, other than hoping for the best.

As far as I remember, you can also extinguish firepots with smokepots.

I've already mentioned that.

@Sir Zombie said:

@Xekratos said:
While this is better than my suggestion

Fixed imho ;)

@Sir Zombie said:

@Xekratos said:
While this is better than my suggestion

Fixed imho ;)

https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/1751/two-for-flinching/

Baron 28 28
  • 2 Apr '17
 Cranberry

the maul is a map pickup, and people using greatswords likely have that as their only weapon.

Duke 2264 3995
  • 2 Apr '17
 Huggles

This is a very intimidating wall of text, and for that reason, I'm out.

Mercenary 35 145

@Huggles said:

Sorry Barbara, I'd be willing to change my terms though. Would you accept a TLDR for 3 likes on my OP?

Duke 2264 3995
  • 3 Apr '17
 Huggles

@colessmartshopper said:

@Huggles said:

Sorry Barbara, I'd be willing to change my terms though. Would you accept a TLDR for 3 likes on my OP?

Lower it to one and you got yourself a deal.

Mercenary 35 145
Mercenary 35 145

@Huggles said:

@colessmartshopper said:

@Huggles said:

monkey huggles.png

Knight 3227 6582
  • 3 Apr '17
 Bodkin

Not a bad suggestion but here's my humble and accurate opinion

Plate is supposed to simply be superior to lighter armor. Plain and simple. The only real drawback in its current state is you move slower and have to give up all of your skill points to get it.

One must remember the load outs don't use primary and secondary like chivalry. Different weapons take differing amounts of space. Big weapons like the Zweihander and Halberd will take pretty much all of the default inventory space to equip without using skill points to expand your inventory size via one of the skill trees

So say someone got full plate and a halberd. They might be able to do this no problem, but they would be in trouble in a number of scenarios

1) they get stamina disarmed and won't have a backup weapon

2) they can't use a two handed weapon while climbing a ladder, making them almost useless in sieges

3) they have nothing to throw to fight off archers or cavalry

Etc etc

Balance in Mordhau is not so much about making everything equal, but more about choosing what kind of overpowered you want and which ones to leave behind, or to simply settle for mediocrity everywhere

The devs have confirmed there to be these skill trees via interviews

1) Defense- each point spent raises your armor tier starting from unarmored

2) Archery- each tree spent unlocks a better archery weapon, starting from none

3) Support/Utility - gives some kinds of buffs in these areas. Probably where you expand inventory and unlock the use of support items like med bags and fire pots

4) Offense- no one knows what this'll do

As you can see, putting all points in one single tree to get plate armor limits your options, so I don't think everyone will be using plate whatsoever. Gotta remember the speed difference for lighter guys will be helpful for capping those points and traversing the supposedly fairly large maps

56 179
  • 3 Apr '17
 GandaPestile

@colessmartshopper said:

@Huggles said:

@colessmartshopper said:

@Huggles said:

monkey huggles.png

can i get a personalised bread roll profile pic pls babe

Mercenary 35 145

can i get a personalised bread roll profile pic pls babe

Only If you are loyal to Bread Roles, you clan hopping slut :)

Sellsword 175 176
  • 3 Apr '17
 Kill3rCat

As intended. You're quite right, the movement speed and lower stamina drain is nice, but doesn't quite compare to the additional health. That's the point.

Light armour < heavy armour

It's realistic, but that's only part of the argument. You can spend the points you would've spent on heavy armour instead on, say, better weaponry, more proficiencies, some throwables, etc. If light armour was equal or (heaven's forbid) better than heavy armour, absolutely everybody and their relatives, friends and pets would opt for light armour and use the extra points for a 2h god weapon and a bag of javelins on the side.

Light armour ≥ heavy armour would be completely broken and nonsensical. Balance in terms of performance is undesirable.

Edit: In other words, light armour is cheaper than heavy and thus should be worse, for overall balance. Why (other than bragging rights) would you buy a Ferrari if there was a Ford for a tenth of the cost which was just as good?

Duke 2264 3995
  • 3 Apr '17
 Huggles

@Kill3rCat said:
Edit: In other words, light armour is cheaper than heavy and thus should be worse, for overall balance. Why (other than bragging rights) would you buy a Ferrari if there was a Ford for a tenth of the cost which was just as good?

Social Status, duh.

Sellsword 175 176
  • 3 Apr '17
 Kill3rCat

@Huggles said:

@Kill3rCat said:

Social Status, duh.

That falls under bragging rights I think, but ok.

Since we're talking (or at least, I hope we are) exclusively about performance, factors which are irrelevant to performance barring placebo and purely affect a person's psychological preference for an object (bragging rights, status, aesthetics, etc.) I chose to ignore.