Mordhau

New sword Twirling animation in new gameplay video?

6 15

It happens a few times during the video, but one of the first times is at 1:34.

I'm not sure if this sword twirl is an emote or if its a quick fancy version of a feint, but I love it!

This is really shaping up to be chivalry 2.0. Chiv has been my favorite game of all time, and It looks like Mordhau is going to take over that title.

Thanks Mordhau Devs!

Knight 7768 14310
  • 29 Mar '17
 ToLazy4Name

Fairly certain it's simply the Slasher flourish emote but updated.

Knight 1836 2228
  • 29 Mar '17
 Void

@Vq.LukeSkywalkerofUSA said:
It happens a few times during the video, but one of the first times is at 1:34.

I'm not sure if this sword twirl is an emote or if its a quick fancy version of a feint, but I love it!

This is really shaping up to be chivalry 2.0. Chiv has been my favorite game of all time, and It looks like Mordhau is going to take over that title.

Thanks Mordhau Devs!

This animation is an emote that you can spam.
And yes, Mordhau is better than anything torn banner would ever release.
1111111111.jpg

6 15

Awesome! So pumped!

Baron 201 453
  • 29 Mar '17
 Ceegal

If it's a spammable emote, it might be a problem in competitive play if used for feints or elaborate combos. I can imagine a situation where a player swings at an opponent, feints to cancel the attack, and uses the emote before striking for real. An average opponent may ignore the feint but will most likely parry the air afterwards thinking the twirl was a weapon wind up.

Baron 1607 5108
  • 29 Mar '17
 Lincs

@Ceegal said:
If it's a spammable emote, it might be a problem in competitive play if used for feints or elaborate combos. I can imagine a situation where a player swings at an opponent, feints to cancel the attack, and uses the emote before striking for real. An average opponent may ignore the feint but will most likely parry the air afterwards thinking the twirl was a weapon wind up.

How is that a problem? I'd be impressed if I was killed by such crafty fighting.

6 15

@Ceegal said:

Its only a problem if you're bad. Git gud and it won't be. problem solved.

Duke 5528 13172
  • 29 Mar '17
 Jax — Community Manager

Use the 'come at me bro' emote to dodge hand snipes

maximum meta achieved

Knight 7768 14310
  • 29 Mar '17
 ToLazy4Name

@Ceegal said:
If it's a spammable emote, it might be a problem in competitive play if used for feints or elaborate combos.

Problem? Why is this a problem?

Baroness 6089 7048
  • 29 Mar '17
 Sammy

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Ceegal said:
If it's a spammable emote, it might be a problem in competitive play if used for feints or elaborate combos.

Problem? Why is this a problem?

Because some people have autism.

Knight 1836 2228
  • 29 Mar '17
 Void

This emote is beautiful imho

Baron 664 1304
  • 29 Mar '17
 PJ_Ammas

The spin looks a little too fast imo. Especially on the zwei, but even on the small swords.

6 15

@Void-1777 said:
This emote is beautiful imho

Your opinion is fact. I can't wait to use it.

Count 4205 9820
  • 30 Mar '17
 DerFurst

"Well, what is it?" matrix dodge meta

Knight 1836 2228
  • 30 Mar '17
 Void

Interesting bit of info
222222.jpg

Duchess 6892 9862
  • 30 Mar '17
 Sir Zombie

Very interesting that they're showing things that won't in the game. It is implying that this really is RAW gameplay.

Mercenary 2192 3909
  • 30 Mar '17
 EruTheTeapot

I think there is a Spin-> Stab somewhere in the video, looks pretty good imho

Baron 1226 1617
  • 30 Mar '17
 Carlo_Mano

@Ceegal said:

I think that's the purpose of that emote, using is for feinting...

Knight 129 161
  • 30 Mar '17
 ResolutionBlaze

I hope they change the sound effect of it it sounds kinda cheesy right now to be honest.

Should have a bit more weight behind twirling it around.

Mercenary 2192 3909
  • 30 Mar '17
 EruTheTeapot

As far as my little knowdlage goes, swords weight center was about that handle I think, that would make it feel lighter, I dunno how much "weight" you would have at spinning it.

Other the other hand, the maces weight center is at the tip.. so yeah
wut