Mordhau

Rounded blade tips?

Knight 15 7
  • 24 Mar '17
 DeusAether

I was wondering if rounded blade tips will be available when customizing a weapon because I wish to create a landsknecht with a zweihander and katzbalger side-arm which has a rounded tip.
If so, will this detail affect thrusting capabilities in game?

Examples;
(Executioner's Sword)
example1.png
(Katzbalger)(It was difficult finding a picture of one without a giant watermark)
example2.png

Baron 664 1304
  • 24 Mar '17
 PJ_Ammas

Looks cool. If this was included then it would not affect stats like all cosmetics. Unless they include a "Rounded tip" weapon category in the game.

1 0
  • 24 Mar '17
 Rkumar220
 Hey guys , Is there any level in which we can unlock Rounded Bladed Tips , If its there it would be awesome !!! :)
Duchess 6897 9885
  • 24 Mar '17
 Sir Zombie

Weapons with rounded tips just seem worse imho.

Baron 1226 1617
  • 24 Mar '17
 Carlo_Mano

I'll feel weird If I get killed by a stab with a rounded tipped sword...

Duke 282 401
  • 24 Mar '17
 SeaFerret

But a mace stab is totally fine right?

180 1153
  • 24 Mar '17
 Grator — Art

I'm a huge katzbalger fan aswell as executioner swords so obviously, I'll try to icorporate them to our arsenal in some ways at some point.

Knight 5408 7405
  • 24 Mar '17
 Humble Staff

Well yea but the mace stab does crap blunt damage, a rounded tip sword performing as well as a normally accute pointed sword really bugs me, i hate that from the norse sword in chivalry. However, i will try to don't mind it if it's for the sake of customization and makes other people happy.
Executioner's swords or axes would be a neat pick up weapon in some map where you could find an execution platform (idk if they have a name, if so feel free to point it out) with one of these sticking out of it or just laying there.

Knight 15 7
  • 24 Mar '17
 DeusAether

Thank you for taking this detail into consideration!

180 1153
  • 24 Mar '17
 Grator — Art

From what I gathered, executioner swords were blunt right at the flat point, so it's most likely that if this weapon ever see the light in Mordhau it will be as a unique funky weapon or pick up but there's just so much to do before reaching that point... In the other hand, katzbalgers' rounded points are rather sharp and maybe, just maybe they have a place in the same category as falchions and 1 handed messers.

Knight 5408 7405
  • 24 Mar '17
 Humble Staff

Just to make sure ¿falchions and messers ocupy the same weapon category and you only have to change the grip to go from one to the other right Grator? Just asking, may save you guys a bit of work and also avoid redundancy.

Knight 15 7
  • 24 Mar '17
 DeusAether

They probably already know that the difference between a falchion and a messer depends on the handle construction. Good note though.

Knight 5408 7405
  • 24 Mar '17
 Humble Staff

Yea i know they know, i just wanted to know about that very small detail, because ¿why not? it can't hurt.
Knowception.

Duke 282 401
  • 24 Mar '17
 SeaFerret

@Humble Staff said:
Well yea but the mace stab does crap blunt damage, a rounded tip sword performing as well as a normally accute pointed sword really bugs me, i hate that from the norse sword in chivalry. However, i will try to don't mind it if it's for the sake of customization and makes other people happy.
Executioner's swords or axes would be a neat pick up weapon in some map where you could find an execution platform (idk if they have a name, if so feel free to point it out) with one of these sticking out of it or just laying there.

Tru, gg

180 1153
  • 24 Mar '17
 Grator — Art

@Humble Staff said:
Just to make sure ¿falchions and messers ocupy the same weapon category and you only have to change the grip to go from one to the other right Grator? Just asking, may save you guys a bit of work and also avoid redundancy.

This or a separated set in the same category, works either way.

Knight 5408 7405
  • 25 Mar '17
 Humble Staff

Fine, thanks for the answer oh mighty dev.

Knight 38 48
  • 25 Mar '17
 Ivenend_Zwei833

Off-topic, but as we already get zweihänder and katzbalger in mordhau, could you also add some Landsknecht hats and clothing into the game?

Knight 5408 7405
  • 25 Mar '17
 Humble Staff

They are already included, you can see some in the Kickstarter video.
Also welcome to the comunity, may you feel comfortable in this land of memes.

1 0
  • 25 Mar '17
 Spatel243

Can we customize our swords to round blade tips in weapon category ?

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 25 Mar '17
 Sir Zombie

Have you even read the thread?