LEAKED STRETCH GOALS

Knight 174 263
  • 26 Mar '17
 Echonian

@TheUprising said:

@Echonian said:

@Survii said:

@Echonian said:
I mean, when there's zero punishment to anyone for shitposting essentially everywhere, and not even trying to keep things like this in off topic, then obviously people aren't going to stop doing things like this to farm likes.

I had a chuckle at this, but I still think it's in the wrong place. Nothing to be done though as long as the forum moderators don't care, and I don't really mind myself that much.

Mordhau is the topic of this forum correct?
And this juicy meme is based around Mordhau, which is the topic, so this meme is technically on topic. Unless they make a dedicated "shitposting/memes" section I will continue to post Mordmemes here

I mean, shitposting is literally against the forum rules though, so it being on topic is irrelevant. Off topic of course has more freedom.

I'm not saying that the forum rules SHOULD be as they are, but why even make rules if you aren't going to follow them? Seems kinda weak.

Besides, I want discussion about the actual GAME to be in normal sections, as relevant. Off topic is where memes should be. There are topics with legitimate discussions going on that get too easily swamped by meme threads because they get posted in the wrong area.

Not a big deal to me, but it means a lot of people are going to feel it's hard to find what they are looking for on here through the garbage.

I actually really liked this one, anyway. Just saying that the forum rules are totally pointless, and if people actually start getting banned or in trouble for not following them despite it being rampant and no punishment yet occurring, that would be really a dick move.

This is how you kill communities. Or if you're lucky, create misc 2.0. Which is even worse.

I've been in plenty of active communities that were alive and well despite keeping off topic stuff to...off topic, so I sorta disagree here.

I mean, how does requiring you post in the proper section in any way "kill" a community? Everyone who is into that sort of thing will certainly be willing to scroll down the page a bit to get into Off Topic, so it isn't as though it hurts your exposure.

I don't want shitposting to be banned (though it technically is, it isn't enforced). I find it fun, and the memes can be nice from time to time. I only find it annoying that the rules are inconsistently enforced, and that nobody is willing to take the extra five seconds when making a thread to put it in the right section.

Knight 289 201
  • 26 Mar '17
 TheUprising

@CaptainGaymer said:

what are you going to discuss

everything that could legitimately make it into the game has been discussed already, all general and feedback is now is noobs re asking the same questions over and over or people bitching about the kickstarter

Knight 253 546
  • 26 Mar '17
 Gauntlet

This topic has been moved.

Knight 15 7
  • 26 Mar '17
 DeusAether

@CaptainGaymer said:

Besides, I want discussion about the actual GAME to be in normal sections, as relevant.

everything that could legitimately make it into the game has been discussed already, all general and feedback is now is noobs re asking the same questions over and over or people bitching about the kickstarter

So that is valid reason to shit all over the forum? Go back to 4chan or reddit, I really don't feel like sorting through all the crap to find USEFUL information about the game so that I, a newcomer to this forum, do not have to repeat a thread so I can figure it out.

Baroness 6089 7050
  • 26 Mar '17
 Sammy

@DeusAether said:

@CaptainGaymer said:

Besides, I want discussion about the actual GAME to be in normal sections, as relevant.

So that is valid reason to shit all over the forum? Go back to 4chan or reddit, I really don't feel like sorting through all the crap to find USEFUL information about the game so that I, a newcomer to this forum, do not have to repeat a thread so I can figure it out.

There's like an entire mega thread of things that we already know, two in fact.

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 26 Mar '17
 Sir Zombie

Where?

Knight 1061 2850
  • 26 Mar '17
 Valmirius

Lul, what's the point of researching a game you're interested in, amirite?

1627 2898
  • 26 Mar '17
 Ranten

Someone doesn't have a sense of humour.

Knight 4116 4392
  • 26 Mar '17
 pizza boy

So that is valid reason to shit all over the forum?

yes

bZ8bY1v

Knight 15 7
  • 27 Mar '17
 DeusAether

So 'this' is the Mordhau forums... wonderful.
Now I know what kind of people to expect during the alpha testing, cheers everyone.

Baron 664 1304
  • 27 Mar '17
 PJ_Ammas

That's a good way to make friends. Insult all of them.

Knight 1366 1851
  • 27 Mar '17
 Trevz TheCuz

@DeusAether said:
Now I know what kind of people to expect during the alpha testing, cheers everyone.

Welcome to the mordhau forums m8!
As you can see, we are a clan of meming autistic sword weilding nerds who jerk off to chambering mechanics, tradable Marox nudes and Crushed commentary. Feel free to enjoy every ouce of terminal cancer we as a caring community provide for newcomers to undoubtedly create a safe haven for medieval video game technology and developemental program 'Triceratron LLC'. Dont forget to check out our mordhau favorites: 'Politics containment thread' hitler vs stalin propoganda. Not sure if traps are gay? We (certainly?) have the question. Look no more for tasteless rape/implied-rape mechanics and other great suggestions. Too much cancer you say? Take thine insignificant genitalia to our (not nearly as toxic or fun) reddit anti-meme paiges.
Sincerely,
mordhau forum dweller tbh imho

Knight 219 225
  • 27 Mar '17
 Majoron

@PJ_Ammas said:

Seems like it worked for some people.

Baroness 6089 7050
  • 27 Mar '17
 Sammy

I'm not nice to anyone and I'm the most popular buddy friend here.

Knight 4116 4392
  • 27 Mar '17
 pizza boy

@DeusAether said:

everyones probably going to be too busy playing the game to spare everyone else the time of day anyways

Count 1476 965

Hello! Grandpa is here! Who do I need to coddle in my arms and sing good night? Echonian nice avatar. I have to agree with Val. And to the new butts you warm up to even the most toxic shitposter. I've been here for too long to care about shitposting.

Knight 5409 7405
  • 27 Mar '17
 Humble Staff

@Majoron said:

@PJ_Ammas said:

Seems like it worked for some people.

Well i like to think that they are good people that like to talk trash a lot althought i don't like at all that they treat like shit newcomers because they put a suggestion that is out of place or plain simply bad. They may not seriously mean what they say but newcomers wont ever know because they wont stay. I learned very quickly that teasing is the currency here and that if you don't take anything these people say personally (which is what you should always do, especially in the internet) you will enjoy the forums greatly.

Knight 2307 4907
  • 27 Mar '17
 Survii

@DeusAether said:

@CaptainGaymer said:

neckbeard 2 .jpg

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 27 Mar '17
 Sir Zombie

steam discussions

kek

Knight 174 263
  • 28 Mar '17
 Echonian

It looks like the Mod Tools stretch goal is going to be hit imminently, so I'm looking forward to seeing your big fat liar liar pants on fire face exposed as the next real stretch goal is revealed.

Unless they decide to release nothing at all, and determine it unlikely we will reach another stretch goal.

In which case, playable Marox will still, theoretically, be on the table.

Actually, I suppose it could be on the table even if I were correct. Why not?

Need a dev to confirm or deny this directly to know for sure.