Mordhau

Weapons Suggestions Megathread

18 11
  • 8 Sep
 Aleihric

@ADMORTEMINIMICUS said:
Would be great, if there will be a messer skin like on this photo
13564347.jpg

Oh hell yeah, the shashka! I think that would be really nice too!

954 302

i hope one hand only swords DON'T become Messer Skins

8 22
  • 9 Sep
 UGLYBUGLY

download-12.jpg
download-10.jpg
download-11.jpg
download-9.jpg
Skins of middle eastern stuff would be cool

18 11
  • 11 Sep
 Aleihric

@Antoniokontos said:
i hope one hand only swords DON'T become Messer Skins

Oh, the messer? No, but it could make for a nice falchion skin though. Hell that's even better for me!

954 302

id love to see a stand alone Sabre

18 11
  • 13 Sep
 Aleihric

@Antoniokontos said:

That could be nice, but I don't know if it would fit or not. It feels closer to a colonial era sword. Maybe like how the Viking gear is the earliest, the saber would be the latest.

146 69
  • 13 Sep
 NoYou

Add a polehammer and make it the blunt variant of the halberd. We are currently lacking an expensive and long range blunt weapon.

954 302

@Aleihric said:

@Antoniokontos said:

That could be nice, but I don't know if it would fit or not. It feels closer to a colonial era sword. Maybe like how the Viking gear is the earliest, the saber would be the latest.

yeah by 1648 the Sabre became a common Weapon so would fit but would be close to that cut off

14 15
  • 17 Sep
 Bluhman

Parrying Dagger/Main Gauche/Sword Breaker

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parrying_dagger

NP-H-291.png
Custom-Parrying-Dagger-600x400.jpg
yubsjuo4veiy.jpg

Despite being a dagger, it's a left-handed shield-type weapon. Alters parry counters so that they use this dagger instead. When the counter is activated, the attacker has some of their stamina sapped (making disarms more likely) followed by the hit of the parrying dagger. Its counterattack has similar traits to a normal dagger otherwise, and it doesn't expand the timing or hitbox of the parry any.

Good counter for min-maxed one-weapon builds?

makes me wish the default dagger wasn't based off of these.

Mercenary 1119 2042

@Antoniokontos said:

@Aleihric said:

@Antoniokontos said:

yeah by 1648 the Sabre became a common Weapon so would fit but would be close to that cut off

(Proto) sabers have been in use since at least the 10th century. You're talking about commonality in the west, but they were used way earlier in the east and middle east. It's well within the range of Mordhau's time frame, and also one of the most important and widely used swords in history. It deserves a standalone version imho.

Knight 3294 6738
  • 18 Sep
 Bodkin

Many devs are east european too so you'd think they'd want one.

Make it a slashy version of rapier tbh. Lower dmg to heavy but very quick.

2 4
  • 20 Sep
 ACherokee98

w_2_0056025_larp-dane-axe_550.pngdane axe.jpg

Sorry guys, maybe it's not worht it but I think that this type of Dane Axe would be a cool add to the game.
Much longer than a standard two handed axe, faster and lighter.

954 302

@ACherokee98 said:
w_2_0056025_larp-dane-axe_550.pngdane axe.jpg

Sorry guys, maybe it's not worht it but I think that this type of Dane Axe would be a cool add to the game.
Much longer than a standard two handed axe, faster and lighter.

th.jpg

1 2
  • 24 Sep
 FAMAS

First - more skins and parts for polearms please, and the most of all - spearheads. There's lots of them, you know.

Second - maybe it's a good idea to add a special anti-armor spear (Ahlspiess), with less reach, less total damage, much less damage with swings, but one of the best armorpiercing damage.

And my main suggestion - change the spear's damage, I think it makes much more sense that longer grip gives slower, but harder strikes, when shorter grip (half-spear?) gives faster, but weaker strikes. And also shorter grip gives more control of the head, so it can deal a bit more armorpiercing damage.