Mordhau

Weapons Suggestions Megathread

Knight 5096 6837
47 70
  • 8 Jun
 Drummel

Flail. You already have the model. Make it happen! :)

flail.jpg

1085 1717

GIVE ME MY FLAIL NOW!

Count 3976 8325
1085 1717

Sword of War/War Sword

5 point sword, basically the longsword but one handed/two handed instead of Mordhau grip. Maybe slightly shorter but it's supposed to be about the same reach and speed as Longsword.

It does about as much slash damage as the bastard sword but has about same stab damage as longsword. Switching to 1h gives your stab an extra bit of reach over 2handed mode (due to the1h animation) and opens up shield option... but 2handed mode gives you a bit more drag and better stam negation.

The idea is that longsword now has the 1h/2h option at the cost of damage just like longsword did in Chivalry. THIS IS NOT supposed to play anything like Chivalry's Sword of War cheese. A thinner, diamond shaped blade can be used to identify it from longsword and the option maybe for fancier grips similar to Knight's Engraves Sword skin.

94 217

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
Sword of War/War Sword

5 point sword, basically the longsword but one handed/two handed instead of Mordhau grip. Maybe slightly shorter but it's supposed to be about the same reach and speed as Longsword.

It does about as much slash damage as the bastard sword but has about same stab damage as longsword. Switching to 1h gives your stab an extra bit of reach over 2handed mode (due to the1h animation) and opens up shield option... but 2handed mode gives you a bit more drag and better stam negation.

The idea is that longsword now has the 1h/2h option at the cost of damage just like longsword did in Chivalry. THIS IS NOT supposed to play anything like Chivalry's Sword of War cheese. A thinner, diamond shaped blade can be used to identify it from longsword and the option maybe for fancier grips similar to Knight's Engraves Sword skin.

seems a bit too redundant to justify inclusion

Knight 5096 6837

@ParalyzedTortoise said:

Sword of War/War Sword

seems a bit too redundant to justify inclusion

This to be honest, the game already is a clusterfuck of swords, especially of the straight double edged cruciform style. The only kind of sword i can see not redundant out of the top of my head would be the saber, which is even more recent than the rapier and would be pretty off putting but meh.

1085 1717

Honestly I would much rather see SoW be a rapier replacement but that would never happen. Anyways it may seem redundant but as Humble staff pointed out: so is everything else. They added rapier, war axe and frying pan for crying out loud.

Also, we know devs will never make a third longsword one handed mode... why not have a new sword with similar reach but less damage?

Knight 5096 6837

Now that we know that the flail is finally in the works, i'll go ahead and post some flail sperging i did in other thread, we need to discuss this longly awaited weapon.

Make flail thrusts the only thrust of all weapons that has less range than its swings. I think this would both help giving the flail that quirky feel and also off set its powerfull swings.
If it were up to me i would make it

• 6 points.
  • Same damage and speed as mace.
  • A bit more longer than mace but same speed.
  • No hitstop.
  • Very weak thrusts (like, even worse than qstaff) that are also way shorter than its swing range, i'd say average speed compared to other weapons.
  • Less stamina drain and stamina drain negation (for when used without shield) than mace.
  • Significantly more stamina loss in missed swings
  • Throwing alternate mode, could be like mace but even less range and bad damage too.

This would make a very powerfull blunt weapon, it has no hit stop and can two shot any armor tier like mace so it can be very dangerous, but its stabs are nearly useless and so are its morphs. It's a tiring weapon to use even when handled properly, so you don't have many misses before gassing out. While it's a very powerfull bashing tool, it's unique physics make it so when you manage to parry it, it's not that big of a hit (you are mostly stoping or redirecting only the mass of the head). If dared to be used by itself without shield, it sucks at defense, you don't have many tries at parrying before being disarmed. Also its alternate mode sucks, to further counter balance it's powerfull swings and acentuate that the only thing you can do with this thing is bashing.

Let me know what you think, my goal with this suggestion is trying to combine real life quirks of the flail and not too wonky game mechanics. It should be noted too that this is a suggestion for a one handed flail, two handed flails are an entirely different beast with many of the downsides of the one handed version gone.

7 5

So pleased javelins are added in, very nice.
Some weapon ideas, when I scour my mind, are absent in Mordhau that could be a fun time.

SLINGS,
4 point cost, A war sling, for a back up ranged with with plenty of ammo. Weak damage but a good harasser. Maybe lethal to helmetless heads?

STAFF SLING,
7 point cost, for higher damage, and and range.

HEAVY CROSSBOWS,
of some form, with a windlass loading system or something. 11 or 12 points. Long arse reloading time. 1 hit head shots everyone. Has bugger all ammo. something like that.

HAND CANNONS,
12 or 13 point cost, once again point expensive, long arse reloading time, massive damage. Makes smoke, giving away your position but also makes cover briefly?

ARQUEBUS,
15 point cost, we already got early renaissance weapons why not chuck earliest rifle-like firearm in the mix too. Expenisve, slow, limited ammo, powerful and loud. Makes smoke, giving away your position but also makes cover briefly? 15 points so if you want this thing, its yours with nothing much else.

SCIMITARS,
because we need more curved swords, a speedy slasher, maybe 4 points. Like the slash alternative to a rapier? People would hate that.

LUCERNE HAMMERS,
because we got no dedicated smashy pole arms. 7 point cost.

FLAILS,
you already have the model. 6 point post. Du du du do it!

PIKES,
14 point cost, absurd range, but it would pretty much be your loadout in itself.

GLAIVES,
maybe not needed due to similar weapons, but food for thought.

WARSCYTHES.
Also maybe it's role is already filled. For people who aren't sure what it is, its a re-purposed farm scythe with the blade attached vertically at the end of the shaft. Used in 16th century peasant uprisings to decent effect, in Poland a lot it seems.

MILITARY CLUBS
Also maybe not needed, but yea, a more, formed for purpose wooden cudgel for the non-peasant class. 1 point cost.

Hopefully this is deemed as useful and are decent suggestions.
Good work devs, loving this game. I want it to be the best it can be, as I sure you all do too.

<3 peace. :D

Knight 5096 6837

Dude that avatar WTF.

Count 3976 8325

Pole hammer or riot

Conscript 85 146
  • 11 Jun
 Byzantine

@DecrepityMortis said:
So pleased javelins are added in, very nice.
Some weapon ideas, when I scour my mind, are absent in Mordhau that could be a fun time.

SLINGS,
4 point cost, A war sling, for a back up ranged with with plenty of ammo. Weak damage but a good harasser. Maybe lethal to helmetless heads?

STAFF SLING,
7 point cost, for higher damage, and and range.

HEAVY CROSSBOWS,
of some form, with a windlass loading system or something. 11 or 12 points. Long arse reloading time. 1 hit head shots everyone. Has bugger all ammo. something like that.

HAND CANNONS,
12 or 13 point cost, once again point expensive, long arse reloading time, massive damage. Makes smoke, giving away your position but also makes cover briefly?

ARQUEBUS,
15 point cost, we already got early renaissance weapons why not chuck earliest rifle-like firearm in the mix too. Expenisve, slow, limited ammo, powerful and loud. Makes smoke, giving away your position but also makes cover briefly? 15 points so if you want this thing, its yours with nothing much else.

SCIMITARS,
because we need more curved swords, a speedy slasher, maybe 4 points. Like the slash alternative to a rapier? People would hate that.

LUCERNE HAMMERS,
because we got no dedicated smashy pole arms. 7 point cost.

FLAILS,
you already have the model. 6 point post. Du du du do it!

PIKES,
14 point cost, absurd range, but it would pretty much be your loadout in itself.

GLAIVES,
maybe not needed due to similar weapons, but food for thought.

WARSCYTHES.
Also maybe it's role is already filled. For people who aren't sure what it is, its a re-purposed farm scythe with the blade attached vertically at the end of the shaft. Used in 16th century peasant uprisings to decent effect, in Poland a lot it seems.

MILITARY CLUBS
Also maybe not needed, but yea, a more, formed for purpose wooden cudgel for the non-peasant class. 1 point cost.

Hopefully this is deemed as useful and are decent suggestions.
Good work devs, loving this game. I want it to be the best it can be, as I sure you all do too.

<3 peace. :D

Firearms have been discussed aIready, it's just going to upset the community, no matter how weII you baIance them. Same with the Heavy crossbow.

Pikes tho. [phaIanx intensifies]

I'd suggest to impIement a sIight chance for it to disarm, when parried by a 1 point weapon (except the quarter staff and training sword). The idea is that by bIocking it, the baII wraps the chain around the weapon, puIIing it out of the user's hand due to its mass.

Knight 5096 6837

yea no, "slight chance" is not going to make it, devs have carefully done their best to keep the combat system RNG free, and it should stay that way.

24 12
  • 17 Jun
 jebajlo

Few pics from Historical weapon exhibition in Malbork Castle (largest castle in the world).

http://www.zamek.malbork.pl/wystawy-i-wnetrza/wystawa-broni-i-uzbrojenia-16

14 10
  • 18 Jun
 Murmillo

We have the rest of the kit for the Landsknecht, and Doppelsoldner; including the garb, zweihander, spears with pike heads on them. We seem to be missing one critical part. The Katzbalger. 200px-Katzbalger.jpgbolded text

1085 1717

They used to have katzbalger S shaped hilt for arming sword but it got removed :(

Knight 3135 7293
  • 20 Jun
 Punzybobo

They used to have katzbalger S shaped hilt for arming sword but it got removed :(

proof?

Knight 466 909
  • 20 Jun
 wierHL

@Punzybobo said:

proof?

not proof but I confirm it, I used it on my Landsknecht build during early alpha, I think before point cost got implemented

Knight 237 1154
  • 20 Jun
 renaissance

i have an old screenshot of it

20170916173335_1.jpg

i dont think this is based on an average katzbalger guard, its not nearly curly enough