• 1 Point
  • Fun Gimmick Weapon that just serves for show like the Lute
  • Held Offhand like a shield
  • Can be held on Horseback

OR

• 2 Points
  • Can be held on Offhand and on Horseback
  • Slows Wielders movement speed on foot
  • Reduces Stamina Drain and increases Stamina Recovery Speed when Allies are near War Banner
  • Increases Run Speed
  • Doesn't stack
    (To explain why a banner would buff Stamina and movement speed, Just think that the Soldiers are inspired by the banner and what it represents. So they have a bit of an adrenaline rush)
Conscript 85 146

Yes indeed, the longer you whirl, the further it goes.

The infinite ammo gimmick should only work with the peasant perk (which costs 8 points, don't forget). It basically lets you fling pebbles. Without it you shoot lead balls (like in chivalry).

By the way! May I suggest you get points ingame for inspiring allies with the banner and the lute? Just like repairing things, you know.

Knight 5096 6837

@Byzantine said:
Yes indeed, the longer you whirl, the further it goes.

I see, not a necesity but if done it should be harder and harder to aim the more speed it picks up. The max damage shouldn't be anything crazy either.
The peasant shit pebble throwing idea doesn't sound bad.

1 1

Ram-Dao.jpg
This is a lesser known bengal sword called Ram-Dao, it was used to behead animals in one stroke similar to the executioners sword was used to behead criminals in one stroke, I think it looks sick and if we ever get an eastern arsenal a curved executioners sword would be awesome, gameplay wise it could be a cross between executioners sword and messer, being 7 points and could switch from 1h to 2h and try to behead people. Damage body/leg:low damage head: high. Range: Low-medium, speed: Medium
Also, since shields are a heated discussion I'd like to see shotel being added to counter shields.

Shotel.jpg

Baron 2357 3387
  • 9 May
 Xekratos

@ToLazy4Name said:
there was a glaive skin for the polearm in Slasher

who remember

Pls devs. Glaive is Baeve

5 4

Suggestions:
When someone is using one handed sword he can swing 270 degrees and deal a lot of damage even when he's at the end of his swing.
Some heavy weapons need more delay between swings to make it fair.
Add more variety in one handed weapons so it can be played with shield (axe, sword, mace)

5 2

Equipment suggestions:

Leg options: Pelt loincloth.
Skin for short spear: Wooden spear, stone-tipped spear.

Customization options:

Body hair level slider.

Thank you for your kind attention.

17 82
  • 9 May
 yeahnil

More Pelt options
Flails.

41 55
  • 10 May
 cain

Maine Gauche (Sometimes called a "Parrying Dagger")- can be wielded as a normal dagger but can also be equipped off-hand like a shield or buckler if equipped alongside a one-handed weapon. Best paired with a rapier or arming sword. Allows you to parry incoming attacks easier, perhaps with the same speed as a buckler, while also able to be used as a weapon. Not sure how the logistics of it would work in-game but I just want a parrying dagger for my rapier loadouts:

HK-26065_grande.jpeg

41 55
  • 10 May
 cain

edit: double post, mods please delete.

Knight 5096 6837

No, you'll have to live with your mistake, and that double post will be a reminder of your sins.

1083 1717

Parrying dagger that functions exactly like buckler would be cool. Basically a reskin of buckler but very expensive and cool looking.

1 0

Some Eastern weapons, like chinese and japanese swords, maces, and polearms would be good. Maybe a torch too. Already got ninja running around out there.
I mostly want a faster wide range hitter, like the katana, but deals less damage against heavy armor.

32 119
  • 12 May
 Earraigh

I'd suggest an ahlspiess, but people are already complaining about the stab weapons.
Also, on a warbanner. I like the idea of a buff banner, but it should also have a drawback of debuffing the affected allies with the opposite effects(slower movespeed and stamina regeneration) for ~10 seconds if dropped. It should also prevent re-applying the buff for the debuff duration.

16 1
  • 15 May
 Changeling

@Humble Staff said:
The arguments i remember are about not wanting to alienate their community* and saying that guns (even early firearms) would be hard to balance. Just think about it, to make them justice they would have to be either super annoying or super weak. If they are good only at short range it's logical they should pack a punch if the reload time is so long... but their projectiles gotta be super fast and unparriable too, i mean, they are fucking bullets. Doesn't matter if the weapon takes 10 seconds to reload, even if it were 30 dmg plate headshot, at short range it's basically hitscan, you can't defend against that (something Mordhau evades at all costs with ranged weaponry) and it requires no skill.
Just saying, if you want to do a firearm justice, it's pretty damn hard to justify it balance wise.

Easy :
Firearm
cost : 12 pts
Ammo: Have only 4 bullets
Reloading : 15sec
Damage : That's the big problem here... Since the whole game balance is inconsistent.
In fact, the game makes no distinction between 10th century Equipment

1397732.jpg

and 16th century Equipment

Royal_armoury_Stockholm_1.jpg

You are right, I don't see any way a bullet can be parried.
Bullets go fast, Hit Hard, but they're not as versatile as Bows, and not as accurate as X-bows.

A bullet can also ricochet on a plate. But that would mean slashes shouldn't be effective against Heavily armored...
Did you know heavy plate armor is virtually insensitive to slashes ?
"Plate armour was virtually invulnerable to sword slashes"

And you dare talking about balance ?
What are blunt weapons for then ?

"You killed me with a rapier, because you're fast, and mostly because my arms weren't protected... Let me grab a chain-mail...
Oh no difference... Ok let me try the heaviest armor with little to no interstice where this fighter could stab/slash me me...
Dead again ? Ok I need some training."

Here is the problem. Nothing is balanced in this game.
Sure there are better weapons than others. That's how it is.
People with a lance must stay behind people with shields.
Someone with a rapier can't block a zweihandler blow from upper, or can they ?
They can deflect, evade... But not block...
How does blocking with a rapier requires skill ? Timing skill maybe ? Yes. But that's all.
How is it justified ?
Balance ? Everyone's talking about the rapier and shield !

Enought whataboutism

Damage (next) : It must be the deadliest weapon.

30 42
  • 15 May
 Vaygr

A scythe-harp and a flute-knife would be cool and war drums where the drumsticks are like the cudgel from chivalry. A cleaver-harmonica would be fine too.

Knight 5096 6837

@Changeling said:

@Humble Staff said:
The arguments i remember are about not wanting to alienate their community* and saying that guns (even early firearms) would be hard to balance. Just think about it, to make them justice they would have to be either super annoying or super weak. If they are good only at short range it's logical they should pack a punch if the reload time is so long... but their projectiles gotta be super fast and unparriable too, i mean, they are fucking bullets. Doesn't matter if the weapon takes 10 seconds to reload, even if it were 30 dmg plate headshot, at short range it's basically hitscan, you can't defend against that (something Mordhau evades at all costs with ranged weaponry) and it requires no skill.
Just saying, if you want to do a firearm justice, it's pretty damn hard to justify it balance wise.

Easy :
Firearm
cost : 12 pts
Ammo: Have only 4 bullets
Reloading : 15sec
Damage : That's the big problem here... Since the whole game balance is inconsistent.
In fact, the game makes no distinction between 10th century Equipment

1397732.jpg

and 16th century Equipment

Royal_armoury_Stockholm_1.jpg

You are right, I don't see any way a bullet can be parried.
Bullets go fast, Hit Hard, but they're not as versatile as Bows, and not as accurate as X-bows.

A bullet can also ricochet on a plate. But that would mean slashes shouldn't be effective against Heavily armored...
Did you know heavy plate armor is virtually insensitive to slashes ?
"Plate armour was virtually invulnerable to sword slashes"

And you dare talking about balance ?
What are blunt weapons for then ?

"You killed me with a rapier, because you're fast, and mostly because my arms weren't protected... Let me grab a chain-mail...
Oh no difference... Ok let me try the heaviest armor with little to no interstice where this fighter could stab/slash me me...
Dead again ? Ok I need some training."

Here is the problem. Nothing is balanced in this game.
Sure there are better weapons than others. That's how it is.
People with a lance must stay behind people with shields.
Someone with a rapier can't block a zweihandler blow from upper, or can they ?
They can deflect, evade... But not block...
How does blocking with a rapier requires skill ? Timing skill maybe ? Yes. But that's all.
How is it justified ?
Balance ? Everyone's talking about the rapier and shield !

Enought whataboutism

Damage (next) : It must be the deadliest weapon.

So, your argument is that since the game is far from realistic and balance is hard to find we should throw it out the window and put these monstrosities that as you suggested should be the deadliest weapons in game in terms of damage?
I strongly disagree.
I think you just helped me prove my point with your post, like, if someone sees an enemy player with a firearm in his hands and it's not reloading it, getting close enough but not even reaching him in melee is a death sentence thanks to the unparriable and unavoidable bullet, or at the very least a call to retreat and wait to heal. People already freak out with archery as it is now, which is as weak and fair to melee players as it has ever been in any game of this kind ¿could you even imagine how these people would react to that? Lmao

32 119
  • 15 May
 Earraigh

Oh, I know. What about caestus?
43984752_302197683715040_2306300718357602141_n.jpg

Knight 5096 6837

althought i would love it, it is part of antiquity, same reason we don't see say roman nor ancient greece equipement in the game.

14 27
  • 15 May
 private_ho

The Champion skin for the 10-point spear sort of resembles an awl pike (long blade), though it's leaning towards fantasy style design. You need to be level 30 and costs 40,000 gold too haha. But I could see a dedicated weapon role for an awl pike as a anti-armor stabbing weapon (which was its purpose IRL). Decently long reach (between halberd and spear, say 150 cm), slow (like maul speed) but powerful thrust that does 50 damage to T3 torso, slow and weak slashes, no combos of course.