Mordhau

Weapons Suggestions Megathread

Conscript 192 478
  • 26 Mar '19
 Shovonem

Yea I honestly think it would be nice to have an archer-focused throwing weapon like Javeline in Mordhau. But if the devs want to use short spear as that maybe reduce short spear cost to 4 so you can carry 3 of them and still have some armor. In addition, having the ability to hold the spear on throwing pose like holding a crossbow. Melee could be nerfed a bit if necessary.

Also can't wait for staff sling.

https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/13400/byzantine-hand-trebuchet-staff-sling/#c13

Mercenary 1240 2254
  • 26 Mar '19
 TheKingInTheNorth

@Shovonem said:
having the ability to hold the spear on throwing pose

Yes please.

Conscript 192 478
  • 31 Mar '19
 Shovonem

Black Powder Bomb:

Since we've already been introduced to black powder barrels on Camp frontline we could get some small black powder bombs.

Black powder bomb will not explode on Impact. After being thrown on the ground, it will make a distinctive burning noise like current powder barrels and after certain seconds, explode. So it's more avoidable during melee fights then Firepots.

Perhaps Firepots could recieve a harsh nerf against structures, stay as a crowd control tool and black powder could be better against buildings. In addition, if a cavalry happen to run into an exploding bomb range (which will be very hard to execute because of timer of the bomb), the horse could lift itself up like it does when bumping into objects and the rider will be dismounted (ragdolled on ground).

pirate-bomb-gunpowder-powder-model_D.jpg

1405 2123

Yeah we added fire grenades it's only natural we add real grenades.

These will be very tactical and strategic and perform the important role of area denial. Leave your swords and shields at home gents, the fire mages and Al Qaeda boys have things covered.

Knight 5400 7351
  • 31 Mar '19
 Humble Staff

yyyyeeea i don't think so.

Knight 3152 7391
  • 31 Mar '19
 Punzybobo

Why don't they make firepots and bombs map pick-ups

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 1 Apr '19
 EruTheTeapot

Well I'm just waiting for the holy hand grenade of antioch skin

Knight 3312 6801
  • 1 Apr '19
 Bodkin

@EruTheTeapot said:
Well I'm just waiting for the holy hand grenade of antioch skin

Pretty sure it is an emblem. I remember seeing something like it but maybe I'm just crazy

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 2 Apr '19
 EruTheTeapot

it is but skin would nice too

5 1
  • 2 Apr '19
 medievalfan666

it would be great to have islamic clothes swords and other things in the game like thesejavaslat.jpgjavaslat2.jpg

530 282
  • 4 Apr '19
 Christian2222

Since someone already said flail, maybe holy water sprinkler as a cosmetic variant?

And maybe Kamas, or 1 handed scythe = more peasant choices :)

Spiked cestus / punch glove.

Count 3976 8338
  • 4 Apr '19
 TheDankestMeme

@Christian2222 said:
Spiked cestus / punch glove.

add some sort of metal mask too so i can crash servers with no survivors

1405 2123

There should have been a 4htk torso light mace with cudgel/club, small mace,scepter skins etc and maybe holy water sprinkler and gets thrown as alternate mode.

Then the medium mace which is 3htk torso which gets the current mace skins and then italian bar mace stuff. I fantasize it being both 1h and 2h but there's nothing wrong with the current throwing option for a mace... but throwing a 4pt weapon, specifically the mace is very mediocre especially when you bought a shield too... more like throwing a 7 point weapon.

Then the 2htk Evening star, which would get tweaked from its current stats to feel less cheesy.

I think blunts were implemented very wrong except for war hammer. There's no light mace or cudgel, current 4 pt mace is always 2htk above the legs, feels too sluggish for a 1h and short sometimes but it's ridiculously fast stabs give it decent gambles and incredibly powerful morphs/morph feints which are all 2htk. And then ES is even more op than mace for pretty much the same reasons as mace.

Can we get blunts fixed? I know there's a lot that needs to be done before release and this may not be very high priority but I imagine you'll want to add cudgel at some point anyways. I play mace and play against ES and neither feel very well balanced nor complete. This has to be addressed at some point.

Knight 5400 7351
  • 5 Apr '19
 Humble Staff

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
I think blunts were implemented very wrong except for war hammer.

And then you have quarterstaff which feels... wrong, it's a big pole and you do so little damage with it that someone with the brawler perk can kill people as fast or even faster unarmed than you hitting them over the head with the staff. It's incredibly off putting.
I get it, being fast and also having range makes damage the obvious downside but damn.
I would really like either making it a bit less fast, and a bit more damaging or making a new heavy staff weapon category. It would also help aleviate the problem of it being one of the fast cheese weapons that make people hate both the weapon and the user.

The heavy staff should have skins that have a bit of metal on them
Things like these
medieval-quarterstaff-medieval-weapons_orig.jpg
weapon-quarterstaff.jpg
734c19251543508e47804c33ab74a172.png
braced-larp-staff_05126ae2-5b82-46f5-8845-66f1033b40ca_1024x1024.jpg

Or things like the conical, spike like caps used during George Silver times.
paradox_pike.gif

Current staff is 4HTK plate head, Heavy Staff could be 3HTK plate head, 4HTK plate torso and 5HTK plate legs.
It should obviously be significantly slower, reach should stay the same and point cost should go 1 or 2 up (can't exactly remember if qstaff is 1 or 2 pts right now).
These values are open to change obviously, feel free to point them out.

Knight 513 1046
  • 5 Apr '19
 FaffyШaffy

add my 1 foot pinus

118 161
  • 6 Apr '19
 Toastimus

@FaffyШaffy said:

add my 1 foot pinus

Halberd is already in the game.

Knight 3312 6801
  • 6 Apr '19
 Bodkin

*dagger

118 161
  • 7 Apr '19
 Toastimus

@Bodkin said:
*dagger

Pardon me,I meant dagger.

Knight 18 49
1405 2123

How effective would that have been for both shooting and swording?