Weapons Suggestions Megathread

Duke 5473 13073
  • 22 Mar '17
 Jax — Community Manager

oooh idk about matchlocks mang

Conscript 85 146
  • 22 Mar '17
 Byzantine

The problem is not the weapon itself, but the association with it. It's completely understandable if the devs don't want to include it, because it could drive off potential buyers "HURR DURR GUNS GAY NO SKILL NO HONOR".

Duke 5473 13073
  • 22 Mar '17
 Jax — Community Manager

yeah, it's the same thing with the handgonne

Count 164 303
  • 22 Mar '17
 ColonelMustache

ARQUEBUS / MATCHLOCK MUSKET
Arquebus.jpg

• Cost: 1
  • Use: Humiliation, psychological warfare/intimidation
  • Strike Damage: Blunt damage, slightly lower than quarterstaff
  • Thrust Damage: Blunt damage, quite low
  • Strike Speed: Average
  • Thrust Speed: Pretty fast
  • Alternate Fire: Thrown, slightly more damage than a stone

I fixed it.

Duke 5473 13073
  • 22 Mar '17
 Jax — Community Manager

This fucking dagger skin

hb_26.145.94

SO HAWT
It's technically a parrying dagger but smooth the edges and it's a regular dagger <3

Knight 671 1220
  • 22 Mar '17
 Faffywaffy

Pavise
Cost: Free - 2
The pavise is a shield that you can both prop upright and carry around with you. I feel like this could possibly available for free or at a discount as a crossbow proficiency. It would be a utility item to provide cover for yourself while reloading your crossbow, to your teammates, or while you're on the move. The shield would be large enough to cover your whole body, and using it unholstered requires both of your hands. This could be especially useful in sieges to cover you from arrow fire from towers and battlements.
pavise.jpg

Duke 5473 13073
  • 22 Mar '17
 Jax — Community Manager

@Faffywaffy said:
things

Yes, I totally forgot the pavise existed. Perhaps a crossbowman wearing light armor could choose to have the pavise at the cost of downgrading his arming sword/shortsword to a shortsword/dagger?

Also would be sick as a medieval ballistic shield, just as long as you can't actually block melee attacks by holding RMB. If implemented, I think the pavise should be unavailable unless you choose at least the shortbow in the ranged tier.

Knight 1061 2849
  • 22 Mar '17
 Valmirius

Pavise should cost so much that it's at the expense of medium (I was going to say heavier but someone is going to assume I mean plate) armor if it ever makes its way into the game. Perhaps even the weapons too like Jax said. That would make a more interesting trade-off: do you want to be potentially stronger in counter-archer situations, or do you want to have more survivability in melee?

Duke 5473 13073
  • 22 Mar '17
 Jax — Community Manager

with some new information, we now know that daggers are going to get disarmed if you attempt to parry polearms or zweis etc. and the shortsword is a clearly superior version of the dagger (more or less).

we can deduce from that that the dagger is probably going to cost very little, potentially on par with utility items. I don't think that a guy with medium armor, crossbow and pavise would be able to have anything above a dagger, which is good.

he could instead opt for light (we don't know how mixing works) and take the crossbow, pavise, and maybe even an arming sword, or at least a shortsword.

Count 671 1130
  • 22 Mar '17
 Zexis

ranged is aids and using an xbow should automatically relegate you to a sissy play thing for the big burly knights after a long siege

Conscript 85 146
  • 22 Mar '17
 Byzantine

ARCHER'S STAKE

a46776e96658ca3423fd7dea0d75c6fd.jpg

• Cost: Pick up
  • Use: Anti-cavalry

SPIKE PIT

Spike_Pit_Diagram.jpg

• Use: Anti-infantry
Count 164 303
  • 22 Mar '17
 ColonelMustache

@Valmirius said:
Pavise should cost so much that it's at the expense of medium (I was going to say heavier but someone is going to assume I mean plate) armor if it ever makes its way into the game. Perhaps even the weapons too like Jax said. That would make a more interesting trade-off: do you want to be potentially stronger in counter-archer situations, or do you want to have more survivability in melee?

Well, as far as I can tell armor is outside the inventory point system - you can equip whatever armor you want, it just affects your movement speed. I assume the way they'll handle ranged with armor is making ranged perks restricting you to a certain armor class. So I'm not really sure how you'd have to 'choose' between a pavise or medium armor. I could be wrong, though.

Duchess 6857 9820
  • 23 Mar '17
 Sir Zombie

@Byzantine said:
SPIKE PIT

Spike_Pit_Diagram.jpg

How the fuck can you pick up a pit?

Knight 671 1220
  • 23 Mar '17
 Faffywaffy

Cavern
Cavern.jpg

Cost: Pick-up
Use: Go underneath castle walls.

Conscript 85 146
  • 23 Mar '17
 Byzantine

@Sir Zombie said:

@Byzantine said:
SPIKE PIT

Spike_Pit_Diagram.jpg

How the fuck can you pick up a pit?

By picking up spikes and a shovel.

Knight 1061 2849
  • 23 Mar '17
 Valmirius

@ColonelMustache said:

@Valmirius said:

Well, as far as I can tell armor is outside the inventory point system - you can equip whatever armor you want, it just affects your movement speed. I assume the way they'll handle ranged with armor is making ranged perks restricting you to a certain armor class. So I'm not really sure how you'd have to 'choose' between a pavise or medium armor. I could be wrong, though.

Yeah I thought the same, till Grator told us that choosing Halberd will probably not let you have full plate for balance reasons.

Conscript 1394 2152
  • 23 Mar '17
 Smeelio

pistol-shield.JPG
Pistol shield! It's allowed because shields are in the game, that's how it works right?

Knight 671 1220
  • 24 Mar '17
 Faffywaffy

F-35 aircraft
f-36.jpg
Cost: 7.9 billion
Use: Ground attack and air defense missions

Duke 5473 13073
  • 24 Mar '17
 Jax — Community Manager

Please keep shitposting to the big weapons thread that got derailed like two months ago.
Thanks friendos

Knight 40 40
  • 24 Mar '17
 Madcat

How about having a sheath as an utility item? They could cost 1 inventory space (Maybe for each weapon) and give you a slight speed bonus when drawing your weapon. It makes sense and could be nice for players planning on going for light and simple loads. It would look cool too.

Having a sheath like that for your dagger so you get that slight edge when you've lost your main weapon and have to go for your secondary could be the difference of respawning there or a few minutes later :)