Mordhau

Katar

Knight 129 161
  • 20 Mar '17
 ResolutionBlaze

I hardly know jack diddly squat about weapons, but I saw this one and I thought, "Why don't I see more of these? They look cool!"

Ornamental_katar.jpg

I mean, I know it's of Indian origin but c'mon lets cut some slack. I'd love to see this in game.

Knight 4116 4392
  • 20 Mar '17
 pizza boy

I mean, I know it's of Indian origin but c'mon lets cut some slack.

i9KDfnK

Countess 1233 2912
  • 20 Mar '17
 Whisper

@ResolutionBlaze said:
Indian

Bby show me ur vageena
OK raep u next week

Count 4205 9821
  • 20 Mar '17
 DerFurst

This game needs more repeating crossbows, meteor hammers, and Chinese rocket artillery

Duke 5552 13281
  • 20 Mar '17
 Jax — Community Manager

looks impractical af

Knight 15 7
  • 20 Mar '17
 DeusAether

It probably will not make it into the game without other middle eastern weapons being implemented as well such as scimitar variants.

Knight 697 1611
  • 20 Mar '17
 das

My life for Aiur.

These would be really cool, even if impractical/non-viable compared to other weapons. If implemented, they'd probably be "lower-tier" weapons like daggers or shortswords in that they're meant for nimble or less manfight-oriented loadouts like archers and skirmishers.

Don't know if the devs would think this is too unfitting for the game though... but hey, they were in Diablo II! That game had a cool hodgepodge of melee weapons. And, well, these are mercenaries after all, so some degree of exotic weaponry should be tolerable. But maybe this is a slippery slope; when you've gone too far, people will be asking: where are muh katanas and arquebuses (and make sure it's the only almighty Nippon-steel Japan used against Korea!) and repeating crossbows muh realism?

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 20 Mar '17
 Sir Zombie

Could maybe be a skin for daggers.

Knight 1836 2232
  • 20 Mar '17
 Void

Eastern Invasion DLC imho

• 20 Mar '17
 Ranten
This comment was deleted.
Duchess 6897 9885
  • 20 Mar '17
 Sir Zombie

Inb4 Ranten gets banned from the forums

Conscript 1394 2153
  • 20 Mar '17
 Smeelio

Also look up the Pata, it's like these but cooler and longer

Sellsword 26 28
  • 20 Mar '17
 MrSusan

katar could be lit, as a weapon or even a skin for dagger/shortsword. i'm not just saying this because voldo is the best either.

for an indian weapon the katar's actually pretty tame when compared to shit like the pata, urumi, maru, bagh nakh, bhuj, etc.

Duke 5552 13281
  • 21 Mar '17
 Jax — Community Manager

yeah but most of those indian weapons objectively suck when faced against a longsword+plate armor or just in martial combat (war) in general.

for example, the bagh nakh is an assassin's weapon, try punching a guy to death when he's got a sword. IRL you've got way more speed, reach, leverage, damage and protection when you're not throwing your arms out at an enemy and instead are using a really sharp stick that can lop off arms.

Things like the talwar are dope though, it's essentially an indian szabla or sabre, the only issue is that the Polish Szabla was the only sabre around in medieval times.

Knight 31 59
  • 21 Mar '17
 messercopter

@Void-1777 said:
Eastern Invasion DLC imho

this

Sellsword 26 28
  • 21 Mar '17
 MrSusan

@Jax said:
yeah but most of those indian weapons objectively suck when faced against a longsword+plate armor or just in martial combat (war) in general.

for example, the bagh nakh is an assassin's weapon, try punching a guy to death when he's got a sword. IRL you've got way more speed, reach, leverage, damage and protection when you're not throwing your arms out at an enemy and instead are using a really sharp stick that can lop off arms.

Things like the talwar are dope though, it's essentially an indian szabla or sabre, the only issue is that the Polish Szabla was the only sabre around in medieval times.

you can run around naked hitting and potentially killing fully armored knights with a farmer's sickle. you can slash plate armor across the chest with a sword and deal damage. you can beat armed warriors in plate to death barehanded.

mordhau isn't aiming to be 100% realistic or authentic so why would the weapons have to be? i can see where the bagh nakhs or urumi might be a bit much but i think a katar would fit fine. it's basically just a short blade with a horizontal grip instead of a vertical one.

of course who cares about a katar when we don't even have any curved swords to pick from yet. if a katar gets added before a scimitar i will eat my hat.

Knight 28 57

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those things (katar, pata) was somehow effective (even slashes). Katar thrust could deal with plate armor imo, but of course at the close range.

Was fascinated with katars back in the days, because design of those things is interesting in their simplicity, but in one way I would want Mordhau to have only classical weaponry, in the other we play as mercenaries, so they could collect crazy shit around Europe and as far as I know using rare weapons had element of suprise and fear of unknown opponent values.

Kukri would be nice.

273 444
  • 25 Sep '17
 YOLANDIVISSER

Armored fists that can chamber swords pls

18 37
  • 25 Sep '17
 Wild_Bread_Tamer

ye I wanna do a bare-handed parry like in dank souls pls

2428 4937
  • 26 Sep '17
 Maci