Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Mordhau is now on Kickstarter!

Sellsword 172 430
  • 8 Mar '17
 Pencilman

@NuclearWinter said:
Not backing, sorry but the game looks ready for beta testing/early acess and was supposed to be launched this year. Seeing the March 2018 release date totally killed my hype and you're asking too much for a chance to play the game this year, plus it's only for a couple weeks because it's just an alpha test. I could back if it was $40 tops for early acess, not alpha, this is too much and I rather wait for release.

From the Kickstarter page:

Backing at the Alpha level or above ($60+), will give you access to our Backer Alpha, which will begin around August 2017 and last until Beta. The alpha will be missing certain features & content, and the focus will be on testing the combat.

Backing at the Beta level or above ($40+) will give you access to our Backer Beta, which will begin around January 2018 and last until Release. The beta will be in a more polished state than the alpha, and be more or less feature-complete.

Backing at the Release level or above ($20+) will give you access to the game on release, which will be around March 2018. At release, the game will be feature-complete.

So no, it's not just a few weeks. You're effectively getting access to the game several months in advance.

34 36
  • 8 Mar '17
 NuclearWinter

@Pencilman said:

Backing at the Alpha level or above ($60+), will give you access to our Backer Alpha, which will begin around August 2017 and last until Beta. The alpha will be missing certain features & content, and the focus will be on testing the combat.

Thanks for the heads-up. Still $60 dollars is too much for third-world countries, should be 45 tops.

5 8
  • 8 Mar '17
 Titan

@NuclearWinter said:
Not backing, sorry but the game looks ready for beta testing/early acess and was supposed to be launched this year. Seeing the March 2018 release date totally killed my hype and you're asking too much for a chance to play the game this year, plus it's only for a couple weeks because it's just an alpha test. I could back if it was $40 tops for early acess, not alpha, this is too much and I rather wait for release.

Not completely sure what you mean with "2 weeks of alpha". When the Alpha launches it will last until Beta. Which you actually get anyways. (I asked) So there are no gaps inbetween.

139 67

@NuclearWinter said:

@Pencilman said:

Thanks for the heads-up. Still $60 dollars is too much for third-world countries, should be 45 tops.

m not third world. but $60 is too much. For me $60 converted would be $80, But its only alpha. :) Beta tier is $40. So That should be good enough and its only a few months after alpha ;) The other big games will give ur time until then.

Knight 1837 2232
  • 8 Mar '17
 Void

@Lincs said:

We might meet the goal in less than 24 hours!

That's for sure brother, but we have the stretch goals after that. I hope we gather enough to cover all of them.

Duke 311 589
  • 8 Mar '17
 Plebican

fcukgin plebs, i doenat for hunderd dolalrs

scoffs while spending literally all money on mordhau kickstarter

Knight 40 102
  • 8 Mar '17
 Moomooandu

For $60 you get the game 7 months ahead of launch.

Count 41 22
  • 8 Mar '17
 MontythePython

Wow so good waking up to this.. Was feeling kind of depressed about going to work for the next 10 hours.. That has changed. Just bought the count pack. Is there a character limit to the bot name? Need to choose this wisely. Just curious what is the limit of bots that can be named? Is it 64?
Congrats guys!

3 3
  • 8 Mar '17
 TheNoob

Hello everybody, can we pay with Paypal aswell or credit card only?

Duchess 6896 9886
  • 8 Mar '17
 Sir Zombie

Credit card only and that is really a Kickstarter question, not a Mordhau one imho

3 3
  • 8 Mar '17
 TheNoob

That is very, very sad.

Count 41 22
  • 8 Mar '17
 MontythePython

Lol loved the portrate of the "Marox" helm in the background

5 8
  • 8 Mar '17
 Titan

@TheNoob said:
Hello everybody, can we pay with Paypal aswell or credit card only?

Kickstarter does not support Paypal backing unfortunately. Try getting a prepaid card. I think those should be viable.

3 3
  • 8 Mar '17
 TheNoob

Would you so gentle to tell me which are the good ones to "buy" the kickstarter??

Count 671 1131
  • 8 Mar '17
 Zexis

@NuclearWinter said:

I don't know what the devs are working on but I do know they wanted to have a good looking trailer for kickstarter - that doesn't mean the game is ready. Maps, gamemodes, gear, who knows how many bugs, and more.

The alpha access will be full access, and the beta isn't until January. That's up to 5 months.

The high price. I can sympathize, but I think the idea is to have only serious backers and people invested in the development to be a part of the alpha and provide input to the dev team instead of the unwashed masses.

3 5
  • 8 Mar '17
 TecafeinCL

hello,

after i buy the kickstarter what i must do? its supouse that i recive a cd key?

Count 671 1131
  • 8 Mar '17
 Zexis

@TecafeinCL said:
hello,

Something very important to know is we can't play the alpha until AUGUST (unless they move it back). So there's nothing for you to do now except ride the hype train.

Knight 160 996
  • 8 Mar '17
 TheInuitHunter

@TecafeinCL said:
hello,

You should be sharpening your sword.
As the kickstarter page said, depending of how much money you gave, all you have to do now is to wait :

• Backing at the Alpha level or above ($60+), will give you access to our Backer Alpha, which will begin around August 2017 and last until Beta. The alpha will be missing certain features & content, and the focus will be on testing the combat.

• Backing at the Beta level or above ($40+) will give you access to our Backer Beta, which will begin around January 2018 and last until Release. The beta will be in a more polished state than the alpha, and be more or less feature-complete.

• Backing at the Release level or above ($20+) will give you access to the game on release, which will be around March 2018. At release, the game will be feature-complete.

Knight 8 7
  • 8 Mar '17
 rafaelinux

Hello, guys, before getting an Alpha or Beta access I'd like to know if we'll have "Official servers" all across the world (Africa, Oceania, South America) or if paying for alpha could end up being a waste of money because I'll have a 300ms latency.

Thanks for any useful, actually true answer.