Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Patch #20 Released!

Duke 5562 13285
  • 7 Dec '20
 Jax — Community Manager

Patch 20 is out now! Enjoy Highlands, bugfixes, and lots of balancing tweaks - Also, NVIDIA Reflex Support!

We're closing in on the end of the year. About time for another update, right?

This patch features a wide variety of bugfixes and improvements to gameplay, as well as a few treats on top.

Starting off with Highlands. A new map, which will be available for Free-For-All, Team Deathmatch, Skirmish, Duel and Teamfight.
Don't worry, we've got bigger maps in the works too, but more on that another time!

4af67c05e8d587985db58f13590ed27d74e29e95.jpg

Highlands, a new map for small-scale modes.

Furthermore we've also added a couple of new skins for shields, and a new helmet.

shields.jpg

Crusader's Kite, and Footman's Heater shield.

helm.jpg

The new Gallowglass Barbute Skin.

We've also overhauled the visuals of the Toolbox buildables. Also worth noting is that the wall cover is now shorter and allows to be vaulted over.

buildables.jpg

Updated visuals for the Toolbox buildables.

That's about it for the "headliners" of this update. As always you can see the entirety of the changes in the log below.

Patch #20 Changelog 7/12/2020

General
Added Highlands map, available on Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Skirmish, Duel and Teamfight modes.
All nobles now have 4 health on kill as default
Skirmish round start now destroys engineer buildings and does not repair objects that cannot be repaired (e.g. trees)
Added NVIDIA Reflex integration

Combat
Horse couch now drains stamina on activation
Horse couch is now timed
Horse couch turncap slightly more strict across the board
Horse turning now slightly more weighty
Light & Medium horse top speeds reduced very slightly
Parry recovery increased 25ms, making double parries slightly harder
Max parry angle reduced to 70, reducing back/side parries some more
Getting disarmed now slows down more, making it easier to punish
Kick stamina drain reduced to 5
Kick no longer has look smoothing, fixing some ghost hits
Tank health regen speed buffed very slightly
Tank turncaps very slightly less strict
Fixed a dodge exploit that reduced the stamina cost for dodging

Weapons & Equipment
New & updated toolbox buildable wall and spike meshes; The wall is now shorter in height and allows climbing over it
Stun perk cost reduced to 3
Fixed rusty arming sword being able to heal when hitting plate legs
Executioner sword now has heavy weight slowdown
Stricter strike turncaps for Mace, Warhammer, Falchion and Axe
Warhammer alt mode headshot damage vs t3 reduced by 5
Axe stab windup slowed down 25ms
Eveningstar slightly stricter strike turncaps

Skins
Added Footman’s heater shield skin
Added Crusader’s kite shield skin
Added Gallowglass helmet

Misc
Fixed wrong party MMR being used for matchmaking under certain conditions
Fixed rare case of server stats reverting to an older state
Added new first person idles for some equipment
Added new first person equipment switch animations
Fixed shield jump animations
Various minor map optimizations
Fixed majority of reported map issues on Grad, Feitoria, Taiga, Castello and Mountain Peak
Various tutorial improvements and bug fixes
Fixed bug that was causing nobles to be offset in movement, which also fixes broken hit detection that happened in this case
Fixed bug where some equipment actions failed after entering and leaving a vehicle with said equipment until switching from/to that equipment again (e.g. toolbox placement, beartrap/pavise placement)
Projectile trails are now straight and no longer squiggle erratically

UI
Fixed Teamfight score widget not showing all players
Fixed spawn screen bug where spawn points failed to hide if you spawned and opened the loadout menu on the same frame
Added display name to destroyable objects
Added builder name to buildables
Removed esc menu closing bind from team select menu
Removed close button from team select menu
Fixed invasion matchmaking tile being slightly smaller than the rest
Fixed gamepad shoulder buttons navigating the menu tabs while rebinding an action

RCON
Various new commands
Added ability to listen for broadcasts (chat, login, match state, killfeed, scorefeed, custom)
Modding hooks (Allows for back and forth communication)
Improved responses

16 16
  • 7 Dec '20
 Jur

What is the point of new walls if they can't create impassable barriers? If a player wanted to have a cover, wouldn't they take a pavise shield or just a regular shield? Seems pretty pointless.

1 0

Horrible decision to alter the buildable walls. If the enemy can simply vault it, what's the point?

The old wall was used as a makeshift impassable wall to strategically hinder or reinforce certain areas, as to prevent the enemy from getting there. Might as well only build spikes now, because the new wall lost its purpose. If Archers need to duck behind cover, go Pavise shield.

Why not "add" the new wall instead of replacing it with the existing one?

5 2
  • 8 Dec '20
 Fostret

The packet-loss on 80+ servers are really bad atm, worse than before patch...

5 2
  • 8 Dec '20
 Fostret

Also the crossbow animation in 3rd person is kind of bugged.

27 24
  • 9 Dec '20
 thecamguy

Wow, more skins! Overhauled visuals!! Hurry up with the proper map making tools, I'm sick of playing terrible maps made by terribly pretentious mapmakers. There are dozens of people in the community who can and will do it better, for free, in a shorter time.

300 144
4 0
  • 10 Dec '20
 RaffDracus

@Jax said:

Combat

Horse couch is now timed

I didnt like it.
Lose the grace of the horse.

16 16
  • 10 Dec '20
 Jur

@RaffDracus said:

That's the point. Time to learn how to swing the weapon instead of just pointing it at enemy.

4 0
  • 13 Dec '20
 RaffDracus

The horse was hard in medieval battles.
With really devastating damage.
We already have the spears to resolve the issue and changes that had already limited its efficiency in the game.
Now it is too much.
For me Mordhau is Medieval battles simulating reality.

@Jur said:

@RaffDracus said:

That's the point. Time to learn how to swing the weapon instead of just pointing it at enemy.

4 1
  • 13 Dec '20
 GØLDÙŠŤ

Hey my game keeps crashing randomly, sometimes ill be able to play the round and when it swtiches maps it crashes no error code or anything. Other times ill jump into a game and it will just crash again no error just closes. Never happened before this patch update any help?

45 18
  • 19 Dec '20
 Elyon

Need rollback !!
Refreshing the search for servers takes 10 minutes each time, it's a disaster.
There are always so many cheaters who make 35 - 3 in the middle of the melee, while I die half the time by a teammate or an arrow, in short, nothing good on the horizon for this game unfortunately.

1 0
  • 21 Dec '20
 gamble2020

Hey i think you guys can add ''bowl cut'' to hairs

1 1

idk where to say this but after this update i cant play the game my game keeps crashing it hasnt happened with any other games and it doesnt even let me send the report

45 18
  • 25 Dec '20
 Elyon

Refresh the search servers is resolved, thanks.

1 1

Failed to connect to backend service.. wow what u guys destroyed this time

Count 258 282

There seems to be an issue with performance with this patch. I have lost 20-30 fps with no changes in hardware or settings. From what I have observed, it appears that there is some additional Bloom happening off of weapons and armor as well as off of the sun light source. I may be wrong but something caused the game performance to take a shit.

300 144
 CarnifeX

@ĶiĻăƦesrumpMcBøøgerballls said:
There seems to be an issue with performance with this patch. I have lost 20-30 fps with no changes in hardware or settings. From what I have observed, it appears that there is some additional Bloom happening off of weapons and armor as well as off of the sun light source. I may be wrong but something caused the game performance to take a shit.

they dont care, its all lies & hallucination what we say
believe me i tried telling them in the discord a lot and in the forum before
its always the same, its on our site, servers & game runs super fine...
its already pathetic, dont waste your time with these guys

they made a channel for veteran-suggestions
and it still contains suggestions which players wrote in this forum many months before
like teammarkers on by default, also majority of upvotes there for this suggestion is a joke itself
they acting like they want feedback, but in the end they dont give a damn about it

the devs even ban players on discord stating their opinion about the game without any insults
speaks for itself, right geach?!

they once created a uncut diamond, but they decided to grind a potatoe out of it..

Baroness 24 38

I see RCON was added. Has anyone been able to get it to work?

34 3

如何改變 騎馬 拿長 槍 突刺 殺敵的時間
sv能設定嗎 我跟朋友 比較喜歡以前早期的版本
希望開發者能釋放 功能 能讓我們設定
How to change the time of riding a horse, stab and kill the enemy with a spear
Can sv be set? My friends and I prefer the earlier version
I hope that developers can release features so that we can set