Mordhau

Give us votechangegamemode and add custom maps to the official servers rotation

Conscript 156 287
  • 14 May
 Kaiowa

As expected, the sales were not enough to revive this game because even new players can only stand playing the same 3 or 4 maps in rotation for so long. It appears development has stopped after the Castello update and we shouldn't expect any new content from now on, even these forums are being closed.

It's Chivalry all over again. But Torn Banner, even if they were just as lazy as you guys, at least addressed the content issue by adding community maps to the official rotation and encouraging people with map competitions. Chivalry had massive gameplay flaws but it never got boring, for we had a big variety of maps and could even start votes to change the game mode on official servers, which was essential to keep the game alive and Mordhau is also lacking.

You gave us better gameplay, but without content the overall experience is way worse than the game this was based on. I backed you guys and so did over a million others, now it's time you work just a little bit more before abandoning the game that we helped you create. Modders won't be able to save Mordhau if there's no servers to play their content.

60 42

@Kaiowa said:
As expected, the sales were not enough to revive this game because even new players can only stand playing the same 3 or 4 maps in rotation for so long. It appears development has stopped after the Castello update and we shouldn't expect any new content from now on, even these forums are being closed.

Seeing how unnecessarily aggressive people's posts tends to be on your own example above, there is no wonder the forums is getting shut down.
Wanna bet there is a next content coming from the devs? As usual.

As for the topic's idea - for making player's content more accessible - interesting idea. Although, personally I wouldn't like it to be mixed up with the original content. I'd like to be able to choose between original and custom, without being forced to switch server due to some poor game-mode being voted. Game mode should be fixed per server, so that I can choose it only once and then play it for hours.

Conscript 156 287
  • 14 May
 Kaiowa

@elgcahlxukuth666 said:
As for the topic's idea - for making player's content more accessible - interesting idea. Although, personally I wouldn't like it to be mixed up with the original content. I'd like to be able to choose between original and custom, without being forced to switch server due to some poor game-mode being voted. Game mode should be fixed per server, so that I can choose it only once and then play it for hours.

Yeah I can see that working in the US and maybe Europe, where you have more players and the devs actually care about mantaining servers for all game modes. But here in South America it's just official Frontline/Invasion and Horde servers + a community duel server, meaning no Skirmish and no true Deathmatch.

It was the same in Chivalry, around 60-100 playing in 3 or 4 Team Objective servers, but whenever we got bored we could vote for Last Team Standing, Capture the Flag, Free for All or whatever. For most of us, that's what kept the game enjoyable.

As it is, we either play Frontline/Invasion (which are basically the same) or join a duel server, which most casual players find frustrating. Mordhau's replayability is crap.

60 42

@Kaiowa said:
(...) But here in South America it's just official Frontline/Invasion and Horde servers + a community duel server, meaning no Skirmish and no true Deathmatch.

In that case, I see no reason for things working differently dependent on the world location.

!! EDIT:
(I misspoke in the above sentence, here come the correction)
In that case, I see no reason for things to work the same way at all world locations.

Conscript 156 287
  • 14 May
 Kaiowa

Of course you don't, you're on the region that doesn't have this problem. Things would be different if you were in my place, but I guess some people lack the ability of putting themselves in the place of others.

The game will die sooner in those regions, profit should be reason enough for the devs but who knows.

60 42

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I meant that African servers can work the way you described, so that it serves better to the low number of players there. Then, the European servers can work the way I described. I see no reason for them to work the same way.