Mordhau

almost 100 kills and 100 assists with recurve bow in a single game

55 34
  • 15 Apr
 newfig

this new map is an absolute grindfest, I'm sure I'm going to get the 100/100 in it soon

almost100.png

1697 1291
  • 15 Apr
 esturias

Yupp. Especially the last stage allows you to get lots of damage done with those long hallways and bottlenecks.
The first stages are a bit difficult, but as soon as the match reaches the castle, you can help a lot as an active archer.

113 117
  • 15 Apr
 Kashi

Hot damn why cant I get archer boys like you on my team
Most of em I seen have been passive little shits that are allergic to melee

2017 2104

Melee is easier with the recurve bow. Longbow doesn't leave you with enough points to participate well in melee. And most archers prefer the longbow because the recurve bow requires you to have consistently good aim while with the longbow a single lucky headshot can be quite devastating.

Longbow is in a really bad place and yet it is in one of the default loadouts.

Still I'd like to see some good bow gameplay. Newfig should record and post VODs. Bodkin does it very rarely and Peregrin might have quit the game.

874 375

I'll summarize bows again:

  • Recurve is fine. At the moment the best bow, because it allows for a better sidearm and more armor.
    It wouldn't suffer too much if its damage vs t3 was nerfed a bit.
  • Longbow kinda sucks, only good in archer vs archer battles on mountain peak. Too many points and too slow reloads.
    What about reducing lowbows cost and also it's damage vs t3?
  • Crossbow is rather weak, very long and vulnerable reload, but it should be the armor piercing bow variant. If any of the bows are supposed to pierce t3 like butter it's crossbow.
874 375

I see what u did there. Mixing the Yoda quote with legolas picture.

Knight 5408 7405

Oh so you are that HELP ME guy. Lmao, I don't see you often but I remember my ass getting rekt a few times by your good aim. People try to charge at you and die in the process all the time, quite fun to look at.
You should make some videos.

55 34
  • 16 Apr
 newfig

@Humble Staff said:
Oh so you are that HELP ME guy. Lmao, I don't see you often but I remember my ass getting rekt a few times by your good aim. People try to charge at you and die in the process all the time, quite fun to look at.
You should make some videos.

Yep, that's me, think I saw you just a couple times too late night or something.

@PC_Principal said:
I'll summarize bows again:

  • Recurve is fine. At the moment the best bow, because it allows for a better sidearm and more armor.
    It wouldn't suffer too much if its damage vs t3 was nerfed a bit.
  • Longbow kinda sucks, only good in archer vs archer battles on mountain peak. Too many points and too slow reloads.
    What about reducing lowbows cost and also it's damage vs t3?
  • Crossbow is rather weak, very long and vulnerable reload, but it should be the armor piercing bow variant. If any of the bows are supposed to pierce t3 like butter it's crossbow.

I honestly don't know if longbow is decent or not because I just can't be asked to play it for more than a couple rounds, to me it's just not fun compared to recurve. Crossbow is probably terrible yeah, maybe it's doable in skirmish to try to counter archers but that's it.

And I don't use armor or try to engage in melee, I use the rest of the points on perks. I'm really bad at the core game that's why I play archer.

@SWSeriousMike said:
Melee is easier with the recurve bow. Longbow doesn't leave you with enough points to participate well in melee. And most archers prefer the longbow because the recurve bow requires you to have consistently good aim while with the longbow a single lucky headshot can be quite devastating.

Longbow is in a really bad place and yet it is in one of the default loadouts.

Still I'd like to see some good bow gameplay. Newfig should record and post VODs. Bodkin does it very rarely and Peregrin might have quit the game.

I tried recording for a bit before but it's hard. Don't have much storage space so I need to keep selecting/editing/deleting everything I record almost right away which is annoying, AND it's not easy to get videoworthy footage plus I'm really camerashy, I just play terrible if I remember I could record and if I forget about this I forget to use shadowplay when I do something nice.

2017 2104

@newfig said:

Still I'd like to see some good bow gameplay. Newfig should record and post VODs. Bodkin does it very rarely and Peregrin might have quit the game.

I tried recording for a bit before but it's hard. Don't have much storage space so I need to keep selecting/editing/deleting everything I record almost right away which is annoying, AND it's not easy to get videoworthy footage plus I'm really camerashy, I just play terrible if I remember I could record and if I forget about this I forget to use shadowplay when I do something nice.

We don't want to see your face - we want to see gameplay.
So all you need is an SSD? I could chip in a bit, if that's what it takes. Just record every game and delete the less entertaining ones.

By the way, I honestly think that the crossbow is better than the longbow in almost every situation. Faster projectile speed, can reload in cover, can aim at choke points for pretty much forever, very strong in archer duels.
Longbow is just too expensive compared to the competition. The small increase in dps isn't worth it IMHO.