Mordhau

Horde - entering in the middle of a game

15 7
  • 12 Apr
 LHRLamman

I entered a game of horde on wave 17 at this point i would already have at least medium armor and a weapon around 150 point but when i spawned in i was given 145 point, how is anyone meant to play wave 17 with hardly any point this just causes people to die every round until the end and how is this fun for anyone?

Suggestions

• raise the points given to people joining an on-going horde game
    or
  • once past a certain wave exp (10) new players automatically spawn with medium armor and keep points around about the same
15 7
  • 12 Apr
 LHRLamman

at the current state of horde it is currently impossible to have fun if you join mid game

26 24
  • 15 Apr
 thecamguy

Armour or extra points would be massively appreciated. Extra points would barely cut it though, because always the good armour/weapons are spread so far across the map - combined with enemies spawning in the loot area, you often have an entire mob spawn on your face before you can run from spawn to buy anything anyway. I'm honestly sick of playing hide and seek to find good items on every single map lol. Castello is worst map for this by far, I've still never even seen about 6 different items I would always grab.

82 84

@LHRLamman said:

Suggestions

• raise the points given to people joining an on-going horde game
    or
  • once past a certain wave exp (10) new players automatically spawn with medium armor and keep points around about the same

those are good suggestions, but the whole purpose of the horde mode is for you to collect lots of gold/experience while having fun slicing AI. currently horde mode is kinda busted cuz of a patch they did a couple of months ago and they have confirmed that they will be doing a wholesome rework of the entire horde mode which is good news. but in the current state of the horde mode, my suggestion for you would be to NOT join a horde match which has passed wave 10, because by that time everyone has armor, weapons and you have nothing, and if you DID spawn with lots of gold or armor the other players might feel cheated cuz they had to endure 10 waves of saving up gold to buy their stuff while you just got there and you're all set up. another reason not to join after wave 10 is that since gold/exp is given for playtime, if you join in wave 17 there isn't even a point in playing cuz you have no armor, no weapons, no time to get anything cuz the final wave is 21 AND you'l prob get around 100-200 gold from it.