Mordhau

Castello

198 128

I find the end location in the "keep" really tedious. As attackers you are running up the towers for most of the duration then you have a tiny bottle neck to get though. You are spawning, running up a flight of steps and then faced with a group of the enemy firing at you from above.

Why not have the attackers spawn at the top of the tower and work their way down so the defenders have to work a bit harder in those tower locations. Right now it's easy for a group of defenders to shoot recently spawned players and defend those locations.

Generally there seems to be a lot of running and then dying to projectile spam in this map as beginning locations are full of tiers so archers and other projectiles are just spamming on the units below at the objective.

It's the push of the cart, the send objective, that part of the map is a projectile spamfest, it's very open and it would be nice if there was a bit more cover for the defenders as they are just extremely exposed.
I try to use medikits in this location but anywhere near the objective will mean they will get sniped when drop them, not really many little areas to escape to that are not visible by the enemy.

4 9
  • 11 Apr
 TrisRX

I agree entirely, there needs to be alternative ways to get up there. Maybe some ladders or a siege tower to the castle balcony. Map is extremely annoying in its current state, im avoiding invasion because of it

198 128

Ammo box placements seem unbalanced but might just be that I haven't got used to the map yet but generally it's just a running simulator map, I just leave it when it comes on and join another server.

210 348

@bobbydigital said:
Ammo box placements seem unbalanced but might just be that I haven't got used to the map yet but generally it's just a running simulator map, I just leave it when it comes on and join another server.

Holy shit yes, the ammo box placement in Castello and Mountain Peak (Invasion) are possibly the worst I've ever seen. Especially in Castello where, during the entire 1st and 2nd objective as attacking team, you basically have to sneak directly into the enemy spawn just to get some ammo back.

1697 1291
  • 14 Apr
 esturias

They are hidden so well that I didn't even find them during my few matches on Castello. Neither as attacker, nor as defender.

26 24
  • 15 Apr
 thecamguy

I really like all of Castello, I honestly think its one of the best maps so far, in terms of gameplay variety. But the last objective has TOO MANY damn stairs, regardless of which team you are on. The ladders right next to the stairs are an odd choice as well. Perhaps if you could slide down them, or add a perk that lets you climb them faster.