Mordhau

Feint to parry problem

6 0
  • 10 Apr
 SenseiHater

Hello. Why when i am riposting i need press rmb twice to parry (using manual ftp). Firts press to feint, second to parry, but ripost cant be feint. Is it bug? Can it be fixed?

Knight 312 610
  • 10 Apr
 Duckalot

Since you cant feint ripostes at all (would break current game balance) It goes directly to parry when you press RMB. It doesnt matter that you have manual ftp otherwise.

8 4
  • 10 Apr
 MasterMop

Duckalot he's saying that he needs to press feint/parry twice, whereas normally you'd only need to press it once.

Here's the situation: you riposte off of one attacker and hit him with that swing. You want to parry after your successful hit to block a second attacker. In order to parry that attack you need to press the feint/parry button twice.

Normally if you hit someone during a regular ol' non-riposte swing, pressing your feint/parry key once will parry immediately.

Basically it's an inconsistency of the controls during a riposte vs a regular swing after you hit one player and want to parry another.

Knight 312 610
  • 11 Apr
 Duckalot

That might be due to the new hyper armor lockout. When you hit an opponent while he is riposting, you cant parry for 300ms. It will let you feint/cancel your combo but not parry immediately. This is to prevent mindless attacks into the guy who is riposting.

2017 2104

@Duckalot said:
This is to prevent mindless attacks into the guy who is riposting.

"We have this guy cornered, guys. We outnumber him 10 to 1. Time to fire up our brains for this challenge. We don't want to accidentally attack him while he is riposting."

6 0
  • 11 Apr
 SenseiHater

@Duckalot said:
That might be due to the new hyper armor lockout. When you hit an opponent while he is riposting, you cant parry for 300ms. It will let you feint/cancel your combo but not parry immediately. This is to prevent mindless attacks into the guy who is riposting.

No. Any situation you need press rmb twice to parry while riposting.

8 4
  • 13 Apr
 MasterMop

Duckalot, it's not from the riposte hyperamor change. It has always been in the game, since before patch 17 when riposte hyperarmor parry lockout was added. You can do a simple test against a bot by riposting into them and trying to parry after a successful hit (with a non-hitstop weapon) with the two different types of parry keybind.

Duchess 806 3550
  • 13 Apr
 Stouty

@SenseiHater said:
Hello. Why when i am riposting i need press rmb twice to parry (using manual ftp). Firts press to feint, second to parry, but ripost cant be feint. Is it bug? Can it be fixed?

Because if there wasn't a buffer rmb you would end up accidentally ftping your ripostes frequently trying to feint a normal attack as seen in this old alpha footage

270 170

@Stouty said:

@SenseiHater said:

Because if there wasn't a buffer rmb you would end up accidentally ftping your ripostes frequently trying to feint a normal attack as seen in this old alpha footage

you shut your fucking mouth.

8 4
  • 14 Apr
 MasterMop

@Stouty said:

@SenseiHater said:

But we can't feint to parry ripostes in the live builds. We can only parry out of riposte if we successfully hit someone with the riposte once it has entered release, since we can't feint ripostes at all.

Duchess 806 3550
  • 14 Apr
 Stouty

Yeah parry out of riposte not ftp but the point still stands. You can parry out of riposte early on without having hit someone

2017 2104

I don't understand the problem. Are you still in parry during the start of the riposte in that video? Or is it an input queue that's screwing with button mashers?

8 4
  • 15 Apr
 MasterMop

@Stouty said:
Yeah parry out of riposte not ftp but the point still stands. You can parry out of riposte early on without having hit someone

Well would you look at that, I never knew. Neat.