Mordhau

Coloration Issues

15 8
  • 27 Mar
 Ruthal

Hoping we can get some light on this minor issue.

I'd like for trim to be visible on all sides, as when using team colors it seems to want to hide them to either black or silver for some but not all cosmetics. Some apparel loses its trim color when using team colors, but other and newer articles don't.

Pictures for reference.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

3 1
  • 27 Mar
 FoxC

Yeah, kinda frustrated by this as well.

I presume there was some kind of visibility reasoning behind forcing trims when it was implimented but it isn't consistantly applied to cosmetics and wouldn't really cause problems if it didn't exist. Unlike using opposing team colors for Eblems. (pls fix)

Just to illustrate; I don't think it would really pose a problem for my Gothic Plate, Gauntlets and Armet to retain their subtle trim here. But they don't.

1.jpg
2.jpg

15 8
  • 27 Mar
 Ruthal

I believe if they made it so you could maintain trims, it wouldn't become an issue for identifying friend from foe. However, in terms of emblems, they could adopt the red/black or blue/white coloration when turning team colors on.

3 1
  • 27 Mar
 FoxC

@Ruthal said:
I believe if they made it so you could maintain trims, it wouldn't become an issue for identifying friend from foe. However, in terms of emblems, they could adopt the red/black or blue/white coloration when turning team colors on.

Emblem colors in general should continue to exist though, it's just that those 2-3 specific reds and blues that are extremely similar to the actual team colors should automatically become white/black when used on the opposing team, as you suggested.

3.png

Count 352 361

You can tell this is not intended as the gothic arms still work fine. Even before patch 17 there was this bug but creating a new merc would fix it. Now it’s really permanent.

The thing is, we should be able to properly edit team colors, just like in Chivalry.

15 8
  • 28 Mar
 Ruthal

Patch #17 Hotfix 1 resolved this issue with the Gothic Cuirass... But what about the other cosmetics that have the same issue?

Count 352 361

Chest was fixed but not the leg parts 😞

3 1
  • 28 Mar
 FoxC

@✵ Legate Lanius ✵ said:
You can tell this is not intended as the gothic arms still work fine. Even before patch 17 there was this bug but creating a new merc would fix it. Now it’s really permanent.

Myeah having looked in to it further it there's a ton of inconsistancies with the trims across the board.

Prime example would be the plumed armet allowing the picked trim to show up on each team but the regular armet/point armet will force the team colors. Dozens of cosmetics/armor are affected.

Count 352 361

Easy fix : allow us to set our team colors with specific color palettes