Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Patch 17 Released!

46 20

There is severe problem in horde.
Server will crash around wave 11 and kick everybody out every time!

36 135
  • 27 Mar
 Earraigh

Still no Viking Round Shield? Shame.

12 7
  • 27 Mar
 StCalice

Always getting "connection expired" at 11th wave in new mountain peak's horde. I never had that before.
Some other players are confirming they have the same. And in Castello too. So if it's a general glitch I wonder why I don't see more ppl reporting it. Ima check old maps in horde to see if it's doing the same there.
Ok, back from testing it, and I confirm. Horde mode is totally broken. Not just for me. All players get the same in all maps. Not just the new ones. Disconnected around wave 10-11. Damn, hope it will be fixed very very fast. That was the last game mode my lame laptop could run almost properly with a not so bad screen refresh. So frustrating, mountain peaks expansion and castello graphics are gorgeous.

1 0
  • 27 Mar
 dogeboo

После установки патча(кеш проверял и игру переустанавливал)
тупа чил.png

78 62
  • 27 Mar
 123mop

I'm a big fan of the patch so far. New maps seem good. Defended castello without passing the book burning objective, almost held the whole thing on the starting gates. The first round was a steamroll because the blue team didn't know where to go to defend, but even then a lot of the portions had good areas to fight in. Generally good map construction.

Defended mountain peak without the enemy breaching the gate, so I didn't get to see much of the new stuff.

Less toolboxing because of the bounding boxes = good change.

I like most of the combat mechanic and loadout changes. Shields are still in an awkward place even if a more flexible held shield mode is a step in the right direction, and the decision to make light swords restore very half stamina was weird. Riposte hyper armor is the one thing I can already tell I'm going to hate. I feel like I'm better off letting my newbie teammates suicide into the enemy rather than fighting alongside them, because they're going to give free ripostes and some guy with a maul will hit trade me as a result. It also just feels very gamey. There's no real rhyme or reason to my weapon acting so differently while hitting someone who's riposting.

The less slidey movement is a big deal and how it always should have been. No more getting shoved around the map as you parry 2-3 people. No more having someone get shoved out your attack when they block a teammate. Superb.

I do wish some of the perks saw more changes. Good opportunity to make huntsman thrown weapons only and cost 1 point. Rat could be reduced in cost for sure. Would be nice to see a couple 1 point perks so that there's something to take besides scavenger when your loadout leaves you exactly one spare point. Especially because scavenger tends to be useless if you have 3 filled inventory spaces already. Maybe acrobat and/or cat could be reduced to 1 point, not sure there'd be any significant problem doing so.

1 1
  • 27 Mar
 Luther

@jesseghost said:
any fix on cant reach the backend problem yet was working fine until today

I have the same problem after the update!

Have tried checking the firewall options, deactivating firewall, verifying files on steam, restarting, reinstalling, nothing seems to work yet. From reading threads from months ago, it appears it becomes more common after updates. Hopefully, a patch will fix our problem so that we can play again :)

3 0

The game wont launch it crashes all the time and i reinstalled it but it still crashes and i got 2070 ti so what to do

1 0
  • 27 Mar
 AHighwayman

@Shapitizer said:
Game no longer launches on Linux. Have tried both Proton 5.0-5 and 4.11-13 but nothing happens with either.

EDIT: Also tried Proton 4.2-9 but nothing happens. With 3.16-9 the screen goes black like the game is launching, but then nothing else happens

Not good, I found this out when the game just refused to start for me, I am using a Linux operating system, and from the lack of developer response, I'm questioning how much they even care.

12 7
  • 27 Mar
 StCalice

So not only horde is completely broken, Battle Royale too. Disconnected again. Mindblowing work. So releases aren't tested ? At least before it, I could play. My screen refresh doesn't allow me to even try frontlines n invasion. I guess I'll have to wait.

78 62
  • 27 Mar
 123mop

@AHighwayman said:

@Shapitizer said:
Game no longer launches on Linux. Have tried both Proton 5.0-5 and 4.11-13 but nothing happens with either.

EDIT: Also tried Proton 4.2-9 but nothing happens. With 3.16-9 the screen goes black like the game is launching, but then nothing else happens

Not good, I found this out when the game just refused to start for me, I am using a Linux operating system, and from the lack of developer response, I'm questioning how much they even care.

The expectation is that Linux users are a niche userbase that is more capable than the typical user. They shouldn't expect to have things work flawlessly 100% of the time with no thought out in.

I've already seen that someone else has solved this issue and they said the fix took 2 seconds once they figured it out, some file just needed to be deleted and remade automatically or something like that.

10 4
  • 27 Mar
 Ikki

I'm lvl 172, so i saw this fps drops after a patch is released. Just let's have patience this week.

3 1
  • 27 Mar
 gambl1t

Hello, I can't start the game after the update. Does anyone know what to do?error.png

2 1

This update ruined the game for me. Can I get a refund? Like seriously. I'm not trying to be funny. I want a refund or for this patch to be fixed. Here's the things I have problems with:

• Added toolbox radius check for all toolbox placeables
  • Re-added team hitstop (THIS IS TERRIBLE, NOW IF YOU USE A BIG WEAPON, I.E. ZWEIHANDER, YOU CAN'T HIT ANYTHING IN A BIG FIGHT BECAUSE IT JUST BOUNCES OFF A TEAMMATE, MAYBE REDUCE TEAM DAMAGE INSTEAD OF THIS BS!!!!!!!!)
  • Movement now slightly more weighty/grounded and less jumpy (EVERYTHING IS SLOOOOOW)
  • Point system changed to 48 points (point costs are raised proportionally) - this will allow for finer balance between equipment, armor and perk costs and make the armory more sandboxy (THIS WAS COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY)

• Added heavy weight debuff - this is a new weapon attribute that will slow down the player by 20 units when holding a weapon in hand that has this debuff. Right now applies to Zweihander, Spear and Halberd and Polehammer in the future. This slowdown only affects walk and partial sprint speed (combat movement speed) and not maximum sprint speed for map traversal.

(THIS WAS THE BIGGEST THING THAT I FOUND WRONG^, THIS IS TERRIBLE. ZWEI, SPEAR, HALBERD, AND POLEAXE ARE NOW COMPLETELY UNUSABLE. I FEEL LIKE IM PLAYING IN SLOW MOTION AND THE META IS CHANGING TO SMALL WEAPONS. THEY COMPLETELY OUTCLASS THESE EXPENSIVE WEAPONS NOW.)

• Zweihander now has heavy weight debuff (WHY)
  • Zweihander main mode strike turncap more strict (AGAIN WHYYY)

(IF NO ONE IS ASKING FOR THESE THINGS TO BE """FIXED""" THEN LEAVE THEM ALONE. YOU'RE ONLY RUINING A GREAT GAME THAT PEOPLE HAVE SPENT HUNDREDS OF HOURS PRACTICING IN. I'M READY TO BE DONE WITH THIS GAME IF THIS DOESN'T GET FIXED.)

I WANT MY FUCKING REFUND.

2 1

@Æpoc said:
For the love of god bring back the possibility to slice through team mates, they always kamikaze rush in your action and block your swings (and possibly get you killed).
If there's friendly fire i don't see why there has to be a difference between a friend and an enemy.

I agree with this completely. I'm going to hit teammates anyway, why not let me swing through? Hell, if it's that big of a deal then reduce the damage by 10 or 15 points but don't drop the ENTIRE MECHANIC. There's no need and it only dampens the already SLOOOW pace of the game after this shite update.

2021 2108

@123mop said:

@AHighwayman said:

@Shapitizer said:

The expectation is that Linux users are a niche userbase that is more capable than the typical user. They shouldn't expect to have things work flawlessly 100% of the time with no thought out in.

I've already seen that someone else has solved this issue and they said the fix took 2 seconds once they figured it out, some file just needed to be deleted and remade automatically or something like that.

I don't know why you think your reply was adequate. Two users reported having trouble starting the game under Linux. Suddenly you are talking about their supposed expectations. Instead of presenting the fix, you started talking about gaming demographics.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mordhau/comments/fpwhfr/mordhau_wouldnt_launch_on_linux_after_patch_17_i/

This is the fix 123mop was probably talking about.

210 348

@Snow82a30c05909f4583 said:
I agree with this completely. I'm going to hit teammates anyway, why not let me swing through?

Try actually not hitting teammates. Hope this helps.

Count 887 3301
Mercenary 1263 2303

@Shitscrubber64 said:

@Snow82a30c05909f4583 said:
I agree with this completely. I'm going to hit teammates anyway, why not let me swing through?

Try actually not hitting teammates. Hope this helps.

Holy shit so much this.

"I don't have the finesse to aim at just the enemy"

or

"I have no sense of awareness so I can't account for teammates coming up from behind when aiming my swings"

These are literally the only two arguments I've seen for bringing back swing through. It's ridiculous. Thank fuck they brought back hitstop.

12 7
  • 28 Mar
 StCalice

Agreeing. Thanks god for that. In hordes it's preventing guys from stealing your kills, u can put yourself between as a shield, and finish your target off without seeing a random mate waiting for the last hit to be given to slash you n npcs altogether. I am tired in horde to see random noobs slashing all the package with no distinction of who is who. As now they will be stopped by mates when doing this, and be in danger right after, exposed to npcs, they will think twice before noobing around.
Cherry on the cake, it's more realistic.

Knight 366 630
  • 28 Mar
 Snake Skin

@Jax said:
Check out the update and what's changed here! Thanks for your patience and we hope you love it!

https://steamcommunity.com/games/629760/announcements/detail/2121699291601642684

They removed Tourney from the base game and you now have to download it as a mod, why is this not listed?
Or did that happen in an earlier patch?