Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Patch 17 Released!

Duke 5558 13284
  • 26 Mar
 Jax — Community Manager

Check out the update and what's changed here! Thanks for your patience and we hope you love it!

https://steamcommunity.com/games/629760/announcements/detail/2121699291601642684

Mercenary 1263 2303

Everyone stay calm.

Don't panic.

Brea-

AAAHHHHHHHHHHH

78 62
  • 26 Mar
 123mop

Would someone mind posting the point values for the equipment and perks that had relative cost adjustments? For example, if the bastard sword is 12 points that's 3x 4 so it's not a relative change. But bandages were 1 and are 1 now it looks like which is a third the cost relatively.

I'm not at home to get the patch and would like to theory craft and plan builds. I'd really appreciate it!

Baron 1645 5231
  • 26 Mar
 Lincs

hit us with that double triple "it's coming last week jk it's coming later this week if you're lucky jk it's coming NOW" fakeout really outstanding move devs well done

1 0

Game no longer launches on Linux. Have tried both Proton 5.0-5 and 4.11-13 but nothing happens with either.

EDIT: Also tried Proton 4.2-9 but nothing happens. With 3.16-9 the screen goes black like the game is launching, but then nothing else happens

53 68
  • 26 Mar
 ButcherGER

"Billhook now slightly cheaper".

Was it ever expensive?

210 348

Okay I take back what I said about the copy-paste king objectives. They're actually implemented really well in Mountain Peak and Castello.

The torch objectives though... it takes a lot of suspension of disbelief. Running around throwing torches at small piles of books when we could just rip them ourselves or... you know, use the torch to burn them without throwing it like a caveman.

Most of the objectives are fairly good from a gameplay-perspective but logically they make 0 sense.

Knight 519 999
  • 26 Mar
 wierHL

aaaaaa.PNG

mmmmmyes polehammer's on the way

1 0
1697 1292
  • 26 Mar
 esturias

Kills and assists near objectives for defenders now award 50 objective points

Hmmm... not sure about that. Works great for defending nobles, but you don't necessarily have to be next to an objective to defend it, e.g. Grad's first stage. There should be abonus for fighting in/near a flag's radius, too.

Split Invasion and Frontline matchmaking

Finally...

Added toolbox radius check for all toolbox placeables

I hope it's not a half-assed fix that now keeps players from building simple walls.

Re-added team hitstop

That should have been done via a hotfix 1-2 weeks after introduction.

Movement now slightly more weighty/grounded and less jumpy

One of the fixes I really can't wait to test. I hope it works.

@Shitscrubber64 said:
Most of the objectives are fairly good from a gameplay-perspective but logically they make 0 sense.

Welcome to Mordhau. You should never ever start thinking about it. It's kinda scray to realize how absurd and silly most of those objectives are.

14 38

So I guess this is a good place to dump my feedback for the update where it won't get drowned out as fast.

Not sure what to say about the rest of the update, but my first two matches playing either of the new invasion maps breezed by with ease in favor of the attacking teams.

The timers seem way too generous for how vulnerable the objectives are.

• With the time collected through my playthroughs of mountain peak INV and Castello, both rounds ended up with about 17 minutes on the clock by the last objective (same lobby both matches).

I thought the steal treasure objective in Castello went by too fast

• The way IC can just spam grab the gold piles feels too easy on them. Also, the second to last objective with the portcullis went by in about 15 sec while I wasn't looking (had to check back in my recording to confirm), lol.

In mountain peak invasion, we had 16+ min to kill a king(warden) that died in 1.

• Mountain peak INV's objectives seemed alright for the most part (what does IC need piles of corpses for?). As I stated earlier, the timer seems to tack on too much time for each objective completed, which makes it so you have a situation like the match I was in where it basically ended with well over 10 min left after the first blows on the king/warden.

I can't comment in more detail on things like map design because I still just started playing the update (my experience might also be skewed because of the lobby I was in), but so far those were the most glaring issues with the levels that I noticed in my playthroughs.

EDIT: "Maybe instead you have them grab the piles and they then have to take bags of the stuff with them back somewhere." Just noticed the treasure chests near to the gold in Castello. Still think the objectives are too ez tho

2 1

Hey! I'm new to the Mordhau website but I have been playing Mordhau since Jun 2019 (2 Months after released) I'm wondering if this is the proper way to leave feedback on Patch 17? I think that Mountain Peak Invasion is awesome, love the new castle and objectives however me and many others agree that the new map Castello is such a let down. I have a great GPU & CPU but the map graphics tank! The weapons seem a little funny now as well with not hitting people as effectively like the spear which has huge range but somehow I can't hit someone right in front of me. I really ask that the Developers have a look into this issue about the graphics of Castello. Also being on Red side sucks on the map, you can easily get bottlenecked by Blue with firebombs, spikes and other things. This isn't the Mordhau that I know and love to play....

13 2
  • 26 Mar
 Coffinmaker

I dont see maul nor cleaver nerf. But good shields were buffed.

2 1
  • 26 Mar
 ÆLFGÏƐST

@Coffinmaker said:
I dont see maul nor cleaver nerf. But good shields were buffed.

Shields don't need a buff though, i find it so annoying when players can constantly hold up a shield. I feel like they should nerf it in a way where either after a certain amount of shields being hit, they break and you need to repair it by going to the refill box or where it drains stamina instead. I wish they slightly nerfed the Maul and Zwei....

Mercenary 1263 2303

I'm kinda concerned that I have a pretty beast PC but I still get drops to 30fps-ish on castello.

Mercenary 1 0
  • 26 Mar
 Blitz

I can't figure out where the Crowned Heavy Barbute or the Crown wearable is? :((( Got so excited when I saw them in the patch notes

Duke 5558 13284
  • 26 Mar
 Jax — Community Manager

We're aware of performance on Castello, and we're looking into some options to alleviate the issue.

1697 1292
  • 26 Mar
 esturias

Bugs/issues (just played 3 matches):

• "Failed to connect to server" two times -> Had to restart the game.
  • Weird deaths due to invisible fire. Also no sound or damage indicators.
  • Servers are still laggy as hell. Hitdetection is horrible. Lots and lots of failed parries and hits. Can't hit anything with the bow anymore. Lots of laggy kills and hits.
  • I don't see any improved "heavier" movement yet, players are still hopping around like bunnies. Melee still isn't very fun to play that way.
  • The new archer hitsounds (?) are horrible...
  • The problem around buggy sounds behind/next to you got worse.
  • Castello looks nice. Not sure about the gameplay. Only got to the second stage. The Objectives make absolutely no sense. So far. Weird map.
  • Mountain peak expansion. Well. Looks nice, too. Gameplay... not sure. What is it with devs and their maze-like mapdesign? Anyway... played it for a few minutes and found multiple glitchy walls and objects you can pass through. Also, the last stage was 16min+, but ended with 14min left.

edit: "Server is full, try again." -> Kicked me from the serverlist back to the main menu. Suddenly "Failed to connect to server" pops up. I press ok, then the zoom on my knight shown in the main menu goes crazy and my game freezes. Perfect.

2021 2108

@Shapitizer said:
Game no longer launches on Linux. Have tried both Proton 5.0-5 and 4.11-13 but nothing happens with either.

EDIT: Also tried Proton 4.2-9 but nothing happens. With 3.16-9 the screen goes black like the game is launching, but then nothing else happens

Bad news indeed.

4 4

At the moment I am unable to run the game. I was able to play pre-patch, but now that it has been released I am met with a crash as soon as I make it to the main menu screen. I've validated files a few times, restarted my PC, updated drivers. None of these have fixed the problem. Does anyone know of any fixes that might work? I'm willing to try anything at this point.